Page 165 of 183 FirstFirst ... 65115155163164165166167175 ... LastLast
Results 1,641 to 1,650 of 1821

Thread: She-Groks Only.......... cuz it works different for us page 165

Jayner is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by noodletoy View Post
    i make little coconut oil/kerrygold/cocoa bites that i sprinkle with kosher salt before they set.

i have found that a VERY high fat start to my day really helps get my fat percentage up there without going over on protein. low-carb is easy for me -- i've been eating this way 3+ years, but finally -- DUH -- realized i was having too much protein. once i made that adjustment i started losing again.

usual first meal is bone broth with like 3 tablespoons of kerrygold and some seaweed, sometimes one egg. if i'm hungry but eating with the b/f later, i might have some melted brie with chopped avocado on top for lunch. this way i can have a decent serving of protein for dinner.

i shoot for about 100 gms of fat each day and about 60-70 protein. if you use a program like fitday or cronometer it will calculate everything for you and you don't need a spread sheet.
    Noodle,
    How much protein was too much protein? I feel like I am doing low carb, not overly high fat (aka low fat) and loads of protein. I have been primal for about 3 weeks and have had little (to no) results. I am only about 15 lb heavier than I would like to be so it is not like I am expecting an explosive loss or anything...

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayner View Post
    Noodle,
    How much protein was too much protein? I feel like I am doing low carb, not overly high fat (aka low fat) and loads of protein. I have been primal for about 3 weeks and have had little (to no) results. I am only about 15 lb heavier than I would like to be so it is not like I am expecting an explosive loss or anything...
    Jayner - I know this question was not directed me but ........... just wanted to point you towards the EAT MOAR FAT thread. I think all your questions can be answered there. Welcome to primal...........
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

As per Marcadav:
    Do 30-60 days clean primal.
    No grains, sugar, alcohol.
    Eat 3 meals and primal snacks.
    Don't track food.
    Don't tweak.
    Don't expect issues to go away quickly. Instead, just follow the plan and see how things play out.
    Decide on an exercise plan you can/will do consistently during the 30-60 days and then do it.

Jayner is offline Member
    Thanks, Tomi!

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    I found this really good website today. stumptuous.com. Other women may enjoy this. She's a really good writer. Her weight lifting articles and her rants are really great.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Highest squat: 167.5 x 2. Current Deadlift: 190 x 3

Sigi is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    I found this really good website today. stumptuous.com. Other women may enjoy this. She's a really good writer. Her weight lifting articles and her rants are really great.
    Yeah, Krista's cool. I wish she blogged more frequently.
    I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.

Oscar Wilde

vivi666an is a busy thing! she hit my journal too! So I got to report her twice! wish they had a better way to track those things. I think every user name that comes in with numbers should be an automatic flag to the administrators! annoying little things!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

As per Marcadav:
    Don't track food.
    Don't tweak.
    Don't expect issues to go away quickly. Instead, just follow the plan and see how things play out.
    Decide on an exercise plan you can/will do consistently during the 30-60 days and then do it.

jacmac is offline Senior Member
    SB I love her and her writing style. thank you for sharing

noodletoy is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayner View Post
    Noodle,
    it was pretty easy for me to go over 100-120 gms most days. i'm small, only 5'2", and just turned 49. even though i am very active, i simply don't need as much food anymore. i reduced protein and increased fats and that seems to be working. am also taking a chinese herb called dong quai which has helped balance my hormones. i think that has been a huge issue for me gaining and stalling in weight.

fitting it all together has been a relief.
    Last edited by noodletoy; 10-18-2012 at 04:05 PM.
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

noodletoy is online now Senior Member
    am liking this site! thanks, sb.
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

I've used Dong Quai in the past - but probably not for long enough to make any kind of difference............ maybe I should do a little research and think about trying it again. ???? I'm doing pretty good on the high fat, mod. protein, and VLC - and I'm not hypothyroid anymore thanks to the Armour. I could use some help energy still............
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

As per Marcadav:
    Don't track food.
    Don't tweak.