Page 163 of 183 FirstFirst ... 63113153161162163164165173 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,630 of 1821

Thread: She-Groks Only.......... cuz it works different for us page 163

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I use an Excel spreadsheet to track my calories and macros. Its easy to set up the formulas so it calculates everything as you go. I put in total calories, then grams and have it set to do all the math for me. easy peasy......... let me know if you want more details or instructions.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

As per Marcadav:
    Do 30-60 days clean primal.
    No grains, sugar, alcohol.
    Eat 3 meals and primal snacks.
    Don't track food.
    Don't tweak.
    Don't expect issues to go away quickly. Instead, just follow the plan and see how things play out.
    Decide on an exercise plan you can/will do consistently during the 30-60 days and then do it.

digital_ruse is offline Junior Member
    Oh that would work - 7 cals protein and carbs, 9 for fat? I use the Lose It app to get the breakdown of things, which seems fine, probably a bit inaccurate since it seems to think everything a person eats is low fat or reduced fat, but I can usually find the right foods.

So back to my question of the % of fat in diet being % from calories or % from macros, was I wrong that it's from macros then?

Nope 4 calories for protein and carbs and 9 for fats I use calorieKing.com also fitday is a good one. Lots of people use sparkpeople - I think thats the right name?

%age of total calories.

At least thats how I do it. I track calories, then grams of carbs, fats and proteins ......... I convert the grams to calories, then divide by the total number of calories for the day.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

As per Marcadav:
    Don't track food.
    Don't tweak.
    Don't expect issues to go away quickly. Instead, just follow the plan and see how things play out.
    Decide on an exercise plan you can/will do consistently during the 30-60 days and then do it.

digital_ruse is offline Junior Member
    OK sooo by my calculations with 4 cals for protein and 9 for fat my ratio
    last week was: P/C/F at 26%/27%/47%
    This week so far: P/C/F at 25%/26%/49%

So improvement needed but not quite as bad as I thought!

Thanks for the help!

you need to up the fat and reduce the others. shoot for 20% protein, 10% carbs and 70% fats. I rarely make those numbers but thats my goal, and I'm usually pretty close unless I happen to have a sweet potato or squash for dinner. A good way to eat more fat is to have avocado in your salad - or make a spread for veggies. Almond butter is a good source - I always have a snack of almond butter in the afternoon or evening - just don't overdo it! It can really pack in the calories! Healthy oils, butter and ghee ---- load up your veggies! Eat fatty cuts of beef, salmon or sardines - and make your own broth without skimming the fat off. yummy! some people eat coconut oil by the spoonful - or put it in their coffee - icky. Some people say it gives them a good pipe cleaning! I don't really care for the taste of it myself.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

As per Marcadav:
    Don't track food.
    Don't tweak.

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    ...some people eat coconut oil by the spoonful...
    That would be me. It's not so much that I love the taste, I just want the brain health benefits, but I'd rather cook in butter.

Yeah, not so much on the taste. For me, it tastes like grey.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

Quote Originally Posted by RitaRose View Post
    That would be me. It's not so much that I love the taste, I just want the brain health benefits, but I'd rather cook in butter.

Yeah, not so much on the taste. For me, it tastes like grey.
    Grey with a side of nasty coated mouth and tongue! eeewww....... I rub it on my feet every morning before I put on my socks - do you think I'm getting any brain benefits through osmosis? I do have really soft feet
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

As per Marcadav:
    Don't track food.
    Don't tweak.

jacmac is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by noodletoy View Post
    did you go low-carb? if so, you're possibly in ketosis and have whacked out your electrolytes. you need to replace the sodium and potassium. have broth with some salt. have an avocado. there are junk-free electrolyte waters. and drink way more water than you think you need.

it will pass.
    This must be What has happened to me. I went off plan last weekend and since Monday have been very strict (whole 30 style) but have found myself quite exhausted.
    I have some chicken broth in the freezer will be defrosting that for afternoon snack today, thanks Noodletoy

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    I rub it on my feet every morning before I put on my socks - do you think I'm getting any brain benefits through osmosis?
    No, but you made me snort-laugh, so you DO get bonus points~!
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

valmason01 is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    I use an Excel spreadsheet to track my calories and macros. Its easy to set up the formulas so it calculates everything as you go. I put in total calories, then grams and have it set to do all the math for me. easy peasy......... let me know if you want more details or instructions.
    I truly am not a stupid person but I just can't figure out how to do this? Can you provide very simple one syllable step by step instructions??
    You know all those things you have always wanted to do? You should go do them.

Nah.. I was always aware "they" were out to get me.. even before I became Primal..... Now I can just run faster if they find me-Dino Hunter

Age 46
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs