Page 162 of 183 FirstFirst ... 62112152160161162163164172 ... LastLast
Results 1,611 to 1,620 of 1821

Thread: She-Groks Only.......... cuz it works different for us page 162

noodletoy is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    changing your diet and losing weight can both impact hormones. estrogen and some toxins are stored in fat cells, so if you're burning fat those are being released into the blood stream. it will all sort itself out.
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

tomi is offline Senior Member
    ^ that! Give it time, and be patient. It could take a while. Some people adjust really quickly while others can take up to 6 months to fully balance out. The double period sucks - but I'm sure its all the extra estrogen releasing from your fat cells. Stick with it and you'll see good results!

I've been primal/paleo (mostly paleo) for a year now. I'm down 24 pounds and I'm feeling stronger all the time! Over this passed weekend I walked 2 miles on Saturday (from the parking lot to the football stadium!) and then on Sunday my family did a 4.8 mile hike to a beautiful waterfall! that translates to 2.4 miles UP -- and 2.4 miles down. I couldn't have done that before changing my diet. Life is good!

Best of luck ............. stay with it - and come here when you need encouragement or advice. Also -- I recommend starting a journal. Its therapeutic - and when others start following and commenting you feel a very strong sense on belonging and community! We're all in the this together!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Things I choose to let go:

All grains - including rice
    Refined sugars
    Legumes - including peanut butter
    Nuts and nut butters
    Alcohol and soda
    Chocolate
    Acidic foods, such as pineapple and tomato
    Coffee and tea
    Eggs
    Curry
    White potato
    Dairy - including butter

I'm choosing to do this......... I don't HAVE to.

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Sarahsparkle is offline Junior Member
    Just dropping in to say and to report after my first 4 weeks of Primal eating. I haven't found it tough at all and am so much less hungry. I have a lot of weight to lose so am having cheese(easy to get good real cheese in the UK), cream and full fat greek yogurt. We are also having the off starchy veg here and there like sweet potato or butternut squash. We are still having wine and sometimes spirits eg gin and diet tonic - I know some would say not primal but I am not ready to totally give up the alcohol yet- I enjoy it!

I have lost 3 inches of my waist and a whole dress size, I am down 14 lbs (DH is down 22lbs after 4 weeks and his belly is shrinking!)- I am feeling pretty good most of the time - a cold that threatened never materialised. Rumbling stomach after eating and wind has disappeared totally (and DH used to have terrible wind....). I only had one little blip where I ate a couple of cookies and a small bag of chips (crisps here) and felt so hungry the next day- but it did not derail me

Next step is to get some walking in and some weights at the gym I think. I just need to keep telling myself that fat is good and have patience as the next 14 won't come off as quick- but I really believe this is sustainable

EllePatrick is offline Junior Member
    Hello!

Very new to primal living. So far I've actually gained weight (1.5lbs) but I suspect this is down to eating nuts and fruit in the evening. Old habits die hard! I gave up dairy 7 weeks ago and have lost 18lbs that way but am looking to be healthier as much as anything. I'm hoping the withdrawal will be over soon and my appetite will settle down!

upupandaway is offline Senior Member
    Primal_Migraneur, I learnt a lot about blood sugar levels and menstruation from this podcast Podcast Episode #32 – Women’s Wellness (Part 2) | Balanced Bites | Holistic & Paleo Nutrition Education

digital_ruse is offline Junior Member
    My energy level is so so so low right now, after 10 days of primal eating (I had some non-primal food and alcohol on Sunday, Thanksgiving, but I've been otherwise clean)
    I wonder if this is that carb flu and it's hitting me late.
    My workouts are just sad these days, I hope this gets better asap!

noodletoy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by digital_ruse View Post
    My energy level is so so so low right now, after 10 days of primal eating (I had some non-primal food and alcohol on Sunday, Thanksgiving, but I've been otherwise clean)
    I wonder if this is that carb flu and it's hitting me late.
    My workouts are just sad these days, I hope this gets better asap!
    did you go low-carb? if so, you're possibly in ketosis and have whacked out your electrolytes. you need to replace the sodium and potassium. have broth with some salt. have an avocado. there are junk-free electrolyte waters. and drink way more water than you think you need.

it will pass.
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

I've been tracking food to see how my macros and calories are doing and it's been about 1:1:1 since I started. I wouldn't say I'm low carb, but definitely reduced carb.
    I actually cut out alcohol this week and that's lowered my calories pretty significantly (only a glass or 2 a few days a week, but it adds up,) so that's probably lowered my carbs a lot.

I'm at work now, would it be ridiculous to just add salt to my water, since I don't have access to the other suggestions?

thanks by the way!
    Last edited by digital_ruse; 10-11-2012 at 10:30 AM.

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Ladies -- read up on the EAT MOAR FAT thread started my paleobird. macro's should look like this: Fat in the 65-70% range -- moderate protein 20-25% and VLC!! NO ALCOHOL if your trying to lose weight....... do some research on how alcohol HALTS the weight loss process because the body will use the alcohol calories FIRST and store everything else.

I've been doing this high fat, moderate protein and VLC - and I'm seeing GREAT results! I'm down 10 pound in 9 weeks by doing this. I'm also walking 3-5 hours a week at a comfortable pace.

Good luck......... You can do it!!!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Things I choose to let go:

All grains - including rice
    Refined sugars
    Legumes - including peanut butter
    Nuts and nut butters
    Alcohol and soda
    Chocolate
    Acidic foods, such as pineapple and tomato
    Coffee and tea
    Eggs
    Curry
    White potato
    Dairy - including butter

I'm choosing to do this......... I don't HAVE to.

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    More fat needed, got it!
    I was never sure if fat should in in that range of calories or grams? In tracking, it's easy enough to track macros in grams but a little more work to figure out % wise what the calories should be. It's hard to eat that much fat without increasing other marcos though, I think that's my main point of issue.

I'm not really trying to lose weight in any significant way anyways, but health wise I think the no alcohol rule stands true.