Page 161 of 183 FirstFirst ... 61111151159160161162163171 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,610 of 1821

Thread: She-Groks Only.......... cuz it works different for us page 161

  1. #1601
    Silvergirl's Avatar
    Silvergirl is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    473
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by meeme View Post
    Wow you're really doing well Silvergirl! Well done!
    Thank you Meeme

  2. #1602
    primal me's Avatar
    primal me is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    93
    Thank you for those words of encouragement! Luckily there are no cholesterol police here in Canada and even the nurse said she can't force me to eat something I won't eat. I am an adult and the choices I am making now are much better for me than the ones I made in the past. I am hoping to see a downward trend at the next test (take that CW doctor!) but even if it seems to be going up I am totally committed to this way of life for myself and my family. I am losing weight from my belly and that is my focus right now. Smaller jeans are a coming!
    I'm a 39 y/o mother of 3 sons ages 12, 14, and 15
    HT: 5'7"
    SW: 223 June 2012
    CW: 191.4 April 21 2013
    TWL2D: 32 lbs

    Primal Goals: to feel healthier, fitter, and sexier than ever before

    Favourite primal resources: The Food Lovers Make it Paleo cookbook, Practical Paleo by Diane Sanfilippo, The Food Lovers Kitchen, Primal Kitchen: A Family Grokumentary and of course Mark's Daily Apple!

  3. #1603
    tomi's Avatar
    tomi is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Posts
    5,515
    Quote Originally Posted by primal me View Post
    Thank you for those words of encouragement! Luckily there are no cholesterol police here in Canada and even the nurse said she can't force me to eat something I won't eat. I am an adult and the choices I am making now are much better for me than the ones I made in the past. I am hoping to see a downward trend at the next test (take that CW doctor!) but even if it seems to be going up I am totally committed to this way of life for myself and my family. I am losing weight from my belly and that is my focus right now. Smaller jeans are a coming!

    You can do it! Remember those cholesterol numbers don't really apply to women. I might get mine checked at my next need for a blood draw - 6 months for a thyroid check - but I might just choose to ignore it completely. My doc isn't too worried that I went off my meds. But she's not a CW doctor --- she's a Paleo Doc! CrossFit and all! I'm so happy I found her!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

    As per Marcadav:
    Do 30-60 days clean primal.
    No grains, sugar, alcohol.
    Eat 3 meals and primal snacks.
    Don't track food.
    Don't tweak.
    Don't expect issues to go away quickly. Instead, just follow the plan and see how things play out.
    Decide on an exercise plan you can/will do consistently during the 30-60 days and then do it.

  4. #1604
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Northern Cali
    Posts
    92
    Hi! I am not new to Primal eating, but I have not been practicing for a while. I have finally had enough (again) with grains and sugar and garbage processed foods. I started fresh this past Monday. So far I am feeling fine, I've noticed that I am less irritable already.

    I was wondering for those of you that have been successful at losing weight with Primal, do you have any tips when it comes to choosing food and meal planning? I have been trying to have a higher protein and fat breakfast with a veggie/fat heavy lunch and then a protein heavy dinner. I haven't been tracking my food or calories. I did this previously and although it was nice to see how much of each macronutrient I was eating - I just wasn't quite sure if it was 'right'.
    My journey for health, energy and a balanced life page http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36813.html




  5. #1605
    tomi's Avatar
    tomi is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Posts
    5,515
    Quote Originally Posted by mommyrunmommy View Post
    Hi! I am not new to Primal eating, but I have not been practicing for a while. I have finally had enough (again) with grains and sugar and garbage processed foods. I started fresh this past Monday. So far I am feeling fine, I've noticed that I am less irritable already.

    I was wondering for those of you that have been successful at losing weight with Primal, do you have any tips when it comes to choosing food and meal planning? I have been trying to have a higher protein and fat breakfast with a veggie/fat heavy lunch and then a protein heavy dinner. I haven't been tracking my food or calories. I did this previously and although it was nice to see how much of each macronutrient I was eating - I just wasn't quite sure if it was 'right'.
    Hi Good job on getting back on track! You might go to the EAT MOAR FAT thread started by Paleobird. I've been following her guidance and am seeing some good results. I'm a tracker so it isn't too difficult for me to know exactly where I am with calories and macros. I aim for 1200-1400 calories with high fat, moderate protein and very low carb. Usually looks like 70% - 20% - 10% if I have a perfect day. I'm also moving more - I shoot for 3-5 hours of walking/biking per week.

    Good luck and let us know how you're doing!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

    As per Marcadav:
    Do 30-60 days clean primal.
    No grains, sugar, alcohol.
    Eat 3 meals and primal snacks.
    Don't track food.
    Don't tweak.
    Don't expect issues to go away quickly. Instead, just follow the plan and see how things play out.
    Decide on an exercise plan you can/will do consistently during the 30-60 days and then do it.

  6. #1606
    digital_ruse's Avatar
    digital_ruse is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    15
    Hi everyone!
    I'm new and attempting to transform into a she-grok!

    I'm in Calgary, Canada, so no shortage of beef!

    My goals are pretty simple, really - I just want all the benefits that people boast of clean, primal eating: ENERGY PLEASE, better concentration pretty pretty please, and I would love to cut down a little bit and look like I work out as hard as I do!

  7. #1607
    RitaRose's Avatar
    RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    3,952
    Quote Originally Posted by digital_ruse View Post
    Hi everyone!
    I'm new and attempting to transform into a she-grok!

    I'm in Calgary, Canada, so no shortage of beef!

    My goals are pretty simple, really - I just want all the benefits that people boast of clean, primal eating: ENERGY PLEASE, better concentration pretty pretty please, and I would love to cut down a little bit and look like I work out as hard as I do!
    I have ADHD-ish symptoms (various reasons why) and I do find that eating Primal helps with focus a lot. The first couple of weeks, though... not so much. Just do your best to power through it and you'll be fine. If you try to ease your way into it, then it will just take longer, so keep it as clean as possible in the beginning. You can try different tweaks later on.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

  8. #1608
    digital_ruse's Avatar
    digital_ruse is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    15
    ^ That's really good to hear, I've been told a few times that I potentially have ADD, but I never pursued actually finding out because it was too much work/I don't want to pop pills forever/I Can get by anyway. I think things could be way better though, so hopefully this helps.
    It's only been a week so far, but I'm actually having way less trouble switching over than I thought I would. Actually last night waiting for my SO to get home for dinner was the only time I've really even considered having anything off the menu, and that's only because when I was scouring the cupboards for a snack I saw some really good crackers I bought a while back. But it was a fleeting "hm, I would like to eat those, but I won't" moment.
    I'm tracking food in my Lose It app to see how my macros are, and mostly I've been keeping a 1:1:1 ratio (imperfectly, like yesterday protein won by maybe 10, and a few times carbs have been higher)
    It's a bit tricky getting used to trying to fat, after all those years of programming

  9. #1609
    Paleobird's Avatar
    Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    Hi Good job on getting back on track! You might go to the EAT MOAR FAT thread started by Paleobird. I've been following her guidance and am seeing some good results. I'm a tracker so it isn't too difficult for me to know exactly where I am with calories and macros. I aim for 1200-1400 calories with high fat, moderate protein and very low carb. Usually looks like 70% - 20% - 10% if I have a perfect day. I'm also moving more - I shoot for 3-5 hours of walking/biking per week.
    Hi Tomi!
    I'm so glad it's working for you. That's about how my macros shake out most of the time too. I haven't been around much lately due to my Dad having a health crisis (9 days in the hospital) but back home now and back to good food. Those hours you spend moving are the best investment of time you could make. Try to do a few more each week until an hour a day seems normal.

  10. #1610
    Iron Fireling's Avatar
    Iron Fireling is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    446
    I'm hoping that primal helps with my ADDishness (I've never been diagnosed, mostly because I've never tried to be - never saw the point as I won't take medications anyway). So far... errm not so much. But I live in hope!

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •