Page 156 of 183 FirstFirst ... 56106146154155156157158166 ... LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,560 of 1821

Thread: She-Groks Only.......... cuz it works different for us page 156

meeme is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by golangrok View Post
    WAIT A SECOND. I'm just thinking now. I'm having these digestive issues - maybe my lack of appetite is that kind of lack you get when you're sick? Your body is busy repairing so it doesn't want food...I don't know how to go about this. Maybe I should try a fast. But I'm still really worried about the deprivation and binging.
    I also read on another thread that eating extremely low calorie for an extended amount of time can depress your hunger signals - but I would get hungry when I wasn't Primal, post restrictive diet.
    I'm going to go do my sprint soon and see if that clears anything up.
    Bone broth...it's my go to and with the marrow it's very satisfying and nutritious. If you're having gut issues that would be my suggestion...

tomi is online now Senior Member
    Just don't make it so complicated. If you're stomach says "feed me" --- then feed it. If it doesn't - don't even think about food.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

MissJecka is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    Just don't make it so complicated. If you're stomach says "feed me" --- then feed it. If it doesn't - don't even think about food.
    Exactly. That's why I asked the question "Do you eat when you're hungry?", as when she mentioned "remembering to eat 3 times a day". If your body isn't hungry 3 times a day, you don't need to feed it 3 times a day. Otherwise, it can get complicated!
    >> Current Stats: 90% Primal / 143 lbs / ~25% BF
    >> Goal (by 1 Jan 2014): 90% Primal / 135-ish pounds / 20-22% BF

>> Upcoming Fitness Feats: Tough Mudder, June 2013
    >> Check out my super-exciting journal by clicking these words.

Weight does NOT equal health -- ditch the scale, don't be a slave to it!

c_bolton12 is offline Member
    I'm in for the 21 day challenge too Tomi! I have tried a few Whole30s and couldn't do it, way too strict. Especially because I crave whole chocolate milk after lifting heavy.
    It is always too early to quit.
    Went primal- 02/25/12, height: 5'6", starting weight: 143.0, current weight: 133.8

"Doubt never stops. Neither do you."- Prove People Wrong.
    http://www.provepeoplewrong.com/

golangrok: When I first started cutting things out and being more paleo, my body didn't like some of the things I ate, especially around dinner time, and I had bouts of tummyaches/nausea. I also suffered from about 3 weeks of horrid insomnia. Lately though I've been sleeping a lot better, I think it just takes awhile for your body to start healing. Get some candied ginger and snack on that, it's pretty effective at helping your tummy settle down.

I also started running again, and by running I mean 2mi, tops, with lots of walking, and boy, that feels good. Except I have a headcold right now that is making me more ditzy than usual lol... I'm not going for distance, I want to be able to rip out a 5k in under 25 minutes (eventually). Never had the patience for longer training runs or races when I was racing a lot in HS (must be the ADD)

My 21 Day challenge is to cut out dairy. Today is day three (well 2.5) - it's actually not so bad. I do have some pastured butter that I need to clarify for cooking, I figure I'll get any speck of milk solids out of my diet to see how this works. Almond milk isn't so bad in my coffee or chai, either. I even bought ice cream at the store over the weekend, and I don't even want it for dessert. Had some dark chocolate (no milk in it!) last night and just one piece satisfied me. We're getting See Canyon apples in our CSA box, one of the jonagolds is heavenly!

Am I making progress? I think so. My body feels healthier (even though I'm sick). But I'm SO much more sensitive to my hormones now, I can totally tell that I've ovulated. Feels like my uterus is so sensitive and I swear I've gained 5lbs back, and only around my waist/tummy area (haven't stepped on the scale, but going by how my pants fit). Going to give Dong Quai a run to see how it helps.

tomi is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by c_bolton12 View Post
    I'm in for the 21 day challenge too Tomi! I have tried a few Whole30s and couldn't do it, way too strict. Especially because I crave whole chocolate milk after lifting heavy.
    Yeah!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

golangrok is offline Senior Member
    After breakfast today I started puking, and puked every half hour then on until around 5:30 when I finally passed out. Some kind of horrible bug. I've been hungry or thirsty all day but didn't dare eat or drink because I was barfing up EVERYTHING, I was even keeling over on an empty stomach.
    When I woke up I was much less nauseous - took an antiemetic. Just now I was able to finally stomach some food. I found my appetite again hahaha. I was starved, my stomach felt like it was eating itself. I know I was sick but I needed something. I was able to stomach a plum, then a mango, then a small amount of rice and meatballs.
    I'm trying not to feel too guilty about the carbs, though, because I should get my period soon and glucose storage is maximized the week before you do. I'm still hung up on this weight thing - this morning I was under 170 but not significantly (169.4). I'm trying not to stress so much.

However, after being hungry all day, I'm telling you now, I cannot IF or "eat only when I'm hungry", it's not that simple for me. Even though physically I'm totally full my body is twisting itself for some more food. It'll take anything. Pastries, frozen yogurt, pizza, rice, cookies, cream cheese frosting, I feel like I'm still starved with all these cravings. It's like losing control during a binge again. So I can't follow the advice given to try and hold off of food despite not being hungry; it gives me the same result. I'm overly hungry later and can't keep control of myself.
    Last edited by golangrok; 09-13-2012 at 11:04 AM.

onalark is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by golangrok View Post
    I'm trying not to feel too guilty about the carbs....
    As a woman who's been feeling like she's on the verge of puking every morning for the last five weeks, I can say: do not feel guilty about the carbs.

They all sound like perfectly reasonable carbs, too. Vomiting, nausea, and being sick are, in my opinion, exceptional times. The biggest problem with that is if you then use it as an excuse to backslide. That's when it's very handy to have a partner who says, "Uh, hey. We're backsliding."

And occasions like this are why I keep stores of bone broth in my freezer.

golangrok is offline Senior Member
    ONALARK - I have some soup I made out of fresh bone broth in the fridge, and I thought it would be helpful, but it's one of the last things I ate for breakfast so I'm adverse to it right now (could it have caused me to puke? It's only been in the fridge two or three days and I brought it back to a boil yesterday when I made the soups...)
    It also has a really strong brothy, bony flavor and it kind of grosses me out so I figure it's not the best choice for my tummy.

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I think something is going around out here on the left coast.

I was sick as a dog all weekend, not vomitting or nauseous, but my nose runing like a hydrant and screwing up my throat. It started so suddenly that I actually thought I was having an allergic reaction to something I ate, then it continued for more than 3 days. Now I feel fine except for a little head stuffiness, but I'm sure I'll be coughing up pieces of lung for the next week or two. I hate that part.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com