Page 154 of 183 FirstFirst ... 54104144152153154155156164 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,540 of 1821

Thread: She-Groks Only.......... cuz it works different for us page 154

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    But what is up with the clown pants waists on everything?
    Whenever I buy jeans, there's always a gap in the waistband right at my spine, and it's seriously big enough to store my lunch. Other than that, the front, the thighs, the hips, the butt... they all fit fine. So I don't know if it's me or the way jeans are designed now.

But it's a little disturbing to realize complete strangers can see down into your pants if they just walk behind you.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    Yes, that's exactly the gap I'm talking about. If I didn't have any underwear on, it would be like where's my toolbox because I'm a plumber now. And if it's true they are supposed to be worn at the hip, well then, the crotch is down between my thighs and I have to keep forcing my pants lower because they won't stay there. So I have to either wear a belt with all my pants to force the gap closed or else I will sew some elastic in there. I don't often do that, but it has worked wonders when I've done it. You have to rip some threads out of the waist band's seam and then put a strip of elastic inside. Sew one end down, then stretch it far, pin it in place and sew the other end down. Then replace the ripped out threads on the waist band. Now you can't even see what was done.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Highest squat: 167.5 x 2. Current Deadlift: 210 x 3

Shelli is offline Senior Member
    My thoughts on the clown-waist pants would be that computers grade up the pattern sizes automatically. Not really taking into account how a real woman's body is. That's why as shirts are graded up in size, the shoulders begin to be like a linebackers' and a lot of us just don't need it. I like the idea of the elastic hidden in the back of the waistband....

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    You have to rip some threads out of the waist band's seam and then put a strip of elastic inside. Sew one end down, then stretch it far, pin it in place and sew the other end down. Then replace the ripped out threads on the waist band. Now you can't even see what was done.
    I might just have to whip out my dusty sewing machine...
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

Iron Fireling is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by noodletoy View Post
    i'm small too, only 5'2", and i think the problem is that most pants now are meant to be worn on the hips, not the waist, so the "waist" runs bigger. impossible for me to find pants that don't need to be hemmed, even jeans, so i just wear more skirts.
    Maybe I'm old or something, but I just can't WEAR jeans on the hips. I have to wear them around the waist! And yes, I agree the waist is now too big (because it's supposed to sit on the hip), while the rest fits. So annoying. Oh, and I'm even shorter than you, and I agree that hemming is generally necessary... but I hate hemming jeans as I always think they look not quite right, so I buy short leg length (when possible) and just wear them too long . (I suppose it helps a bit that I DO pull them up to my waist as well?!).

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    I am wearing jeans today. I found a pair of American Eagle Outfitters jeans at the thrift store. I think that's a pretty expensive brand, right? They look unworn. Size 6 which isn't really a new size to me because size 6s are all over the place size-wise. I have not worn jeans in years, though, so this is sort of a milestone, I guess. And yes, they are about 3" too long as usual.

I like the low rise waists, but I do wish they didn't have that gap in the middle in back. So I'm wearing a belt with my jeans. I think they fit pretty well now that they've softened up after a couple of hours of wearing them.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Highest squat: 167.5 x 2. Current Deadlift: 210 x 3

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Sorry to change the subject......... Is anyone doing the 21 Day Challenge? I need a buddy or 2 or 10 to do this with me! Stop by my journal -- fibromyalgia and fat - tomi's story. I'd link it, but I don't know how to do that!

Thanks.......... okay - back to the jeans conversation and for what its worth....... I buy Levi's 529's. They ride just below the waist and are cut nicely for the curves. No butt crack gap!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Tomi, I'll swing by. I'm trying to do the 21 day challenge, because then at least I can eat yogurt with abandon (instead of pretending I'm doing a modified Whole30). I failed on my first night and decided to have some beer, first beer in about a month and a half. Or does 21-day-challenge allow alcohol? I forget.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Tomi, I'll swing by. I'm trying to do the 21 day challenge, because then at least I can eat yogurt with abandon (instead of pretending I'm doing a modified Whole30). I failed on my first night and decided to have some beer, first beer in about a month and a half. Or does 21-day-challenge allow alcohol? I forget.
    it says "moderate" alcohol.

I can't do the whole30 - its just too drastically strict for me. I need more wiggle room.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Lizzielou is offline Senior Member
    I totally agree tomi, whole30 just sounds like a lot of food denial and I much prefer to be a 'yes' person about food if that makes sense?

Yes I'm pretty sure the 21 day challenge talks about one glass of red wine every now and then - much more my style