Page 153 of 183 FirstFirst ... 53103143151152153154155163 ... LastLast
Results 1,521 to 1,530 of 1821

Thread: She-Groks Only.......... cuz it works different for us page 153

Paleobird Guest
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    I purchase raw cream. I also will purchase European cheeses and bonus points for raw cheese. Then I know it's the good stuff.
    For those of us here in California, Organ Pastures makes an excellent raw cheddar. They just can't ship it out of state. Silly laws about that.

PHaselow is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MissJecka View Post
    This reminds me...

My boyfriend has to be on watch anytime I feel a twitch or cramp or something, because I will rush to WebMD to see what's wrong with me. I'm the queen of self-diagnosis! Luckily I don't get sick often.
    Oh, last week I had a brain eating amoeba after soaking in some natural hot springs. Turns out it was an infected piercing.

Age 48
    Start date: 7-5-12
    5'3"
    121lbs
    GOAL: to live to be a healthy and active 100

"In health there is freedom. Health is the first of all liberties."
    Henri Frederic Amiel

paleo-bunny is offline Senior Member
    I have just accepted an offer of a new job based in a converted barn on a farm. Could working there make me more primal? I saw and heard grass-fed cows mooing through an open window during my job interview. There is a fab farm shop located nearby and conveniently located on my route home.
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

teach2183 is offline Senior Member
    Lost another 1.5lbs this week! I am 1lb away from having lost 10% of my initial weight (194.4) since the end of January. Loving that I'm not hungry all the time and can even have some ice cream (real ingredients) while losing.

KimT is offline Senior Member
    Awesome job teach2183!

I just completed a 10 mile bike ride. I haven't been on a bike in probably 8 years! My husband is an all or nothing kinda guy during workouts, so we just kept going. I feel ok now, not sure how it'll be the next couple days. It was flat trail at least!

PHaselow is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by teach2183 View Post
    Lost another 1.5lbs this week! I am 1lb away from having lost 10% of my initial weight (194.4) since the end of January. Loving that I'm not hungry all the time and can even have some ice cream (real ingredients) while losing.
    That is awesome! I hope you are feeling great, too. Full of energy and strong. I am working on eliminating sugars after mastering grain/dairy removal. That, and too many nuts are the reason I am not losing the 5lbs I want to lose. I feel good, though. Several people have asked me if i am a runner over the past few weeks! Makes me think I am doing something right...

Age 48
    Start date: 7-5-12
    5'3"
    121lbs
    GOAL: to live to be a healthy and active 100

"In health there is freedom. Health is the first of all liberties."
    Henri Frederic Amiel

teach2183 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PHaselow View Post
    That is awesome! I hope you are feeling great, too. Full of energy and strong. I am working on eliminating sugars after mastering grain/dairy removal. That, and too many nuts are the reason I am not losing the 5lbs I want to lose. I feel good, though. Several people have asked me if i am a runner over the past few weeks! Makes me think I am doing something right...
    Yes, the energy is great! I can now stay up and not be exhausted. I no longer need daily naps. And I can play with my kids all day. Really a new lease on life.

Paleobird Guest
    I really had fun doing the four day fast that Piscator started. That's the longest I've ever gone before but it was surprisingly easy. I ate dinner last night (a bunch of marrow bones) but now it's 5 pm and I haven't gotten hungry again yet. I lost five pounds and gained back one so not bad overall.

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    I am now not so sure I am seeing the scale moving since my return to LCHF. I feel great though. I bought some pants and shorts. The jeans are size 6 like always but seem so small and tight. It remains to be determined whether I can actually wear them in real life. The other pants are a size4 and also very small. But what is up with the clown pants waists on everything?

I went hiking yesterday and drank too much water without enough salt. Ended up very puffy and swollen all over. Photographs of me show a fat lady sitting near a creek. Ugh. I may never look slender.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Highest squat: 167.5 x 2. Current Deadlift: 195 x 3

noodletoy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    But what is up with the clown pants waists on everything?
    i'm small too, only 5'2", and i think the problem is that most pants now are meant to be worn on the hips, not the waist, so the "waist" runs bigger. impossible for me to find pants that don't need to be hemmed, even jeans, so i just wear more skirts.
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway