Page 15 of 183 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565115 ... LastLast

Thread: She-Groks Only.......... cuz it works different for us page 15

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I have never had a really nice waist, but I'm finding that it just won't shrink below 30" even though the rest of me is losing. A banana shape would be an improvement. I'm more like a tree trunk.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 170 x 3. Current Deadlift: 220 x 3

Aliophile is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bosnic View Post
    Just as you're allowed to post your opinion of me, I'm allowed to share my opinion with this thread. Or are you being selective about who is allowed to converse in this thread? Am I breaking any forum rule?

To shut people up simply because they disagree with you is immoral. I personally am questioning the motive behind this thread, not the creation of it.[/B].
    Boring.
    || 2/28/12 || 5'6" || 144 lbs ||
    My goals: 125 lbs, 27" waist, fat-free, shapely, muscular legs
    AND to be able to do my very first pull up!

Leida is offline Senior Member
    I have never had a really nice waist, but I'm finding that it just won't shrink below 30" even though the rest of me is losing. A banana shape would be an improvement. I'm more like a tree trunk.
    My mom is like that. She has extremely skinny limbs and a large stomach. From the back she looks like a weed, but the front is heavy. When she was my age though and younger, her stomach was not a problem. She was very much into cardio athletic, and it kept her trim. She cross-country skiied, ran and did hurdles when she was young. I dunno exactly if it is going to help you any!
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

nikitakolata is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RitaRose View Post
    I've had Mirena for 6 years now and I love it. I know it doesn't help you much, Nameless, but in case anyone else is looking for another method, it's worth looking into.
    Mirena may be a good option for Nameless. I had Mirena before I got the Paragard and my periods stopped completely. So, that was pretty nice. I would have stayed with Mirena but I just decided I really wanted to be hormone free.

Bosnic is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Aliophile View Post
    Boring.
    I would think posting one word would be more boring. I won't hold it against you though, not everyone is good with words.

tomi is offline Senior Member
    okay, ladies.......... Just had a not so pleasant visit with my doctor. Seems the blood work I just had done indicates that I'm at a high risk of having a heart attack. How nice! I just conquered fibromyalgia by going paleo/primal --- and now this! Doc says lose weight, avoid alcohol, up the fish oil, exercise...... all the stuff I know I should be doing anyway. But now I have a REAL motivational factor to stay honest and focused. So - one of my earlier posts stated I had a new strategy......... no booze and no chocolate. I was doing that only to lose weight.......... now it seems I have to do it to stay alive. I'm eliminating all unhealthy fats -- like the salad dressings I like to dip my veggies in --- and I think I'm going to have give up bacon and eggs too! At least until I get the weight off. I hope this will work. I don't really want to have a heart attack at 51. Oh my goodness - look at what I'm saying......... NO RUM, NO CHOCOLATE, NO BACON, NO EGGS, AND NO DIP!

Is it okay to have pity party?

onalark is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    Yes indeed, it is.

I would like to ask WHAT in your blood test caused your doctor to say that. Not that I am in any way implying these illustrious forums know better than your doc, but I'm curious.

My doc was mildly astonished by my LDL, but my HDL and Tris are so good she just scratched her head and made the usual suggestions for me to try niacin. I was way more concerned about my C-Reactive protein than my cholestrol, TBH. But I also got my blood drawn the day my menses started (they kicked in about an hour after the blood draw -- hah!) and I have always wondered if that caused my CRP to be elevated.

Leida is offline Senior Member
    NO RUM, NO CHOCOLATE, NO BACON, NO EGGS, AND NO DIP!

Sorry to hear that! But you can do it. Apart from eggs, I don't eat/drink any of it.
    I dip veggies in almond butter, does that helps any? Also, once you become sweetener free, gods, the changes are wonderful! That's the only thing that keeps me on track with avoiding fruit. I love fruit so much, but a sugar-free me has an absolutely different and healthy appetite pattern, no mood swings and energy levels to match my 5 yo! It is magic to be off sugar.

With eggs, could you do eggs with egg whites sometimes? I am hard pressed to find a good, natural substitute for eggs. I think I would end us eating a lot of shrimps and turkey and scallops....
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

VTmeetsMontréal is offline Senior Member
    Hi Ladies,

I have a question and I don't know if it has already been adressed earlier in the thread.... but I'll throw it out there anyway.

I lost weight going primal/low carb over the past 6 months. About 35 lbs. I haven't had a real period in about 4 months... I am started to get concerned. Should I be?

NDF
    NDF is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Leida View Post
    My mom is like that. She has extremely skinny limbs and a large stomach. From the back she looks like a weed, but the front is heavy. When she was my age though and younger, her stomach was not a problem. She was very much into cardio athletic, and it kept her trim. She cross-country skiied, ran and did hurdles when she was young. I dunno exactly if it is going to help you any!
    This is likely why you have a difficult time getting lean and trim. Genetics do play a role in your body composition.