Page 147 of 183 FirstFirst ... 4797137145146147148149157 ... LastLast
Results 1,461 to 1,470 of 1821

Thread: She-Groks Only.......... cuz it works different for us page 147

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    My hubby is a great cook too! In fact - he pretty much taught me how to cook after we got married at the age of 42. My ex was happy with boring salt and pepper and I didn't even know there were so many awesome spices out there! But ---- getting him to go primal is really tough!!! He will eat what I cook and not complain....... but he won't give up his SAD foods when not at home. And if we make curry - it better be on rice! (he was raised in India - missionary kid). I talked to him last night about it again and I got the "deer in the headlights" look! His dad had heart disease and diabetes, his mom has high BP. He's 52 and its time for him to start taking care of himself! GRRR!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    My boyfriend basically INSISTS on smoking the oils when he cooks dinner. He likes the super salty taste it provides (but I think that's because he's destroying the seasoning on my pans!). It's very frustrating and I'm tempted to ban him from using my cast irons if he's going to do that. It's a good thing I do most of the dinner cooking now.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    The trader joe's stuff won't taste like ass. It will almost always taste good. It'll have garlic and sugar in it. Sometimes a little too much garlic. Or it'll have other seasonings, but it will taste good. But no matter how good it tastes, it will have that overly addictive taste to it that all processed, pre-made foods has. I always like the taste of this stuff but I don't like the taste, if that makes any sense. What I really like now are things made simply with real ingredients. I don't care how tasty the sauce on some trader joe's meat is, a garden tomato is a thousand times better, leaves me feeling healthy and nourished. I would rather have a plain piece of meat with a side of sliced garden tomatoes. The trader joe's stuff leaves me feeling, hmm, can't find a good word, but maybe just "tingled" or "stimulated." I no longer like that feeling.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Heaviest squat: 180 x 2. Heaviest Deadlift: 230 x 2

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by lexie View Post
    Too true! I like Trader Joe's for some things, but most of their prepared foods are just as bad as stuff at the regular grocery. My parents think it's healthy and then are completely shocked when I flip over the box and actually read the label. That said, there are some hidden gems that aren't too bad in the prepared foods section, and their produce prices can't be beat.
    My Dad used to live out of the frozen foods section of TJ's before I took over cooking for him. Lasagna, taquitos, that sticky sweet "sweet and sour" chicken, etc. A lot of people are under the misconception that all TJ's foods are "heath foods".

noodletoy is offline Senior Member
    my understanding is that the prepeared foods from tj's are also sky-high in sodium. don't get me wrong, i have a generous hand with salt, but processed foods are just "different".
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by noodletoy View Post
    my understanding is that the prepeared foods from tj's are also sky-high in sodium. don't get me wrong, i have a generous hand with salt, but processed foods are just "different".
    Yep, lotsa sodium plus artificial coloring, flavoring, preservatives, etc. and some have MSG.

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    Yeast update for anyone interested: I continued garlic suppositories for 4 nights in a row, I think, until I very randomly started spotting (hasn't happened to me since I was on birth control several years ago, I've been off for over a year now). I'm still slightly itchy, but apparently, as of last Wednesday, I had no infection (a culture was taken, as well as examination of sample under microscope while I was in the office). So I guess it's just some kind of irritation! This means that I can start including a few pieces of fruit per week starting next week or the week after, which I'm very excited about. I may hold off until my digestion improves, I'm still not as regular as I'd like to be. Vitamin C ended up being a huge help.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

MissJecka is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Yeast update for anyone interested: I continued garlic suppositories for 4 nights in a row, I think, until I very randomly started spotting (hasn't happened to me since I was on birth control several years ago, I've been off for over a year now). I'm still slightly itchy, but apparently, as of last Wednesday, I had no infection (a culture was taken, as well as examination of sample under microscope while I was in the office). So I guess it's just some kind of irritation! This means that I can start including a few pieces of fruit per week starting next week or the week after, which I'm very excited about. I may hold off until my digestion improves, I'm still not as regular as I'd like to be. Vitamin C ended up being a huge help.
    Huzzah! Awesome news!
    >> Current Stats: 90% Primal / 143 lbs / ~25% BF
    >> Goal (by 1 Jan 2014): 90% Primal / 135-ish pounds / 20-22% BF

>> Upcoming Fitness Feats: Tough Mudder, June 2013
    >> Check out my super-exciting journal by clicking these words.

Weight does NOT equal health -- ditch the scale, don't be a slave to it!

Loretta is offline Junior Member
    Has anyone made coconut milk kefir? If so, how did it turn out and did you like it?

Paleobird Guest
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Loretta View Post
    Has anyone made coconut milk kefir? If so, how did it turn out and did you like it?
    I buy mine but it is wonderful. I wonder if the grains for it are different than regular kefir grains. Any experts?