Page 143 of 183 FirstFirst ... 4393133141142143144145153 ... LastLast
Results 1,421 to 1,430 of 1821

Thread: She-Groks Only.......... cuz it works different for us page 143

Urban Forager is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Noodletoy, It was good to hear your experience with the Mirena. I am now reading What Your Doctor May Not Tell You about Menopause so I can be better informed on how to proceed. I am taking magnesium, d3 and bone broth, iodine and I rarely eat anything that isn't primal. I'll have to do more research about Dong Quai as I'm fairly certain that I'm estrogen dominant.

I'm not having any of the other annoying menopause symptoms like mood swings and hot flashes so if the synthetic hormones could bring them on I don't want to have anything to do with them.

noodletoy is online now Senior Member
    the first 2 months of the mirena i had insane hot flashes and i'd never had them before. that subsided and i still haven't had another.

what appealed to me about the dong (heh) is that it supposedly works to restore balance, rather than upping or lowering one thing or another. <shrugs>. lol, we shall see.
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

– Ernest Hemingway

drheather is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Loretta View Post
    Hello Ladies,

Read through this entire thread. Has anyone lost weight with the primal/paleo lifestyle?
    Loretta, I have lost 33 lbs. since last September. This approach works much better than standard low-fat, high carb dieting which just left me constantly hungry.

OutdoorAmy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Loretta View Post
    Hello Ladies,

Read through this entire thread. Has anyone lost weight with the primal/paleo lifestyle?
    I've lost 20 lbs. since starting towards primal eating - a full 10 of that has been in just the last month and a half that I've been more strict. The other 10 came off slowly from Apr - June. (I'd lost 7 or so lbs. before that following SAD but with smaller portions)

I'm still not even 100% what I know I could be doing in terms of eating or working out, so I know I've got more to lose and to benefit from this lifestyle.

And I can say with certainty (from having fallen off the wagon after a week or two paleo/primal) - that I eat less when I follow this lifestyle, because I feel more full naturally - and I have more energy for working out. When I eat grains I just get gased - no energy - and I'm hungrier too. I average 1200 calories/day on primal feeling satisfied. I averaged 1500 calories/day and that's lowest I could go most day because I still felt so hungry. (Not that calories in/calories out is the only measure that matters - but for someone wanting to lose weight off of a smaller frame like mine, it does matter some).
    Healthy Bucket List:
    • Summit all of Colorado's 14-ers
    • Hike the Appalachian Trail
    • Do a real pull-up
    • Run a 5k
    • Be "Hot For Training Camp"

Check out my journey at Outdoor Amy's Blog.

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    How could you read this thread and not know many of us have lost lots of weight?
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Heaviest squat: 180 x 2. Heaviest Deadlift: 230 x 2

teach2183 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    How could you read this thread and not know many of us have lost lots of weight?
    I had that same thought. I justed posted last week about my loss.

noodletoy is online now Senior Member
    +3, lol.
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

– Ernest Hemingway

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    +4

While I don't post in here a lot, I have posted loss... slow loss (due to my significant personal medical issues).

I'm sure if I was a healthy normal person who could move my butt around I'd have lost at least double what I have!

I have to follow some pretty restrictive rules (those pesky medical issues again), but I love the foods I eat, and feel pretty healthy (for me) and satisfied with my diet.
    That's a pretty good endorsement I think.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

lexie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    Maybe it got missed if someone was quick-scrolling through the clot discussion.

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by lexie View Post
    Maybe it got missed if someone was quick-scrolling through the clot discussion.
    To be fair, some of those clots are probably pretty heavy, so...
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com