Page 140 of 183 FirstFirst ... 4090130138139140141142150 ... LastLast
Results 1,391 to 1,400 of 1821

Thread: She-Groks Only.......... cuz it works different for us page 140

marcadav is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by RitaRose View Post
    Did I mention I love not having periods anymore?
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    I'm right there with you!!! Menopause rocks!
    Reading these statements makes me SO jealous. It sucks being 55 and still having regular periods. It doesn't help that I started at 11 and have had periods when I had undetectable levels of estradiol.

Goldie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by marcadav View Post
    Reading these statements makes me SO jealous. It sucks being 55 and still having regular periods. It doesn't help that I started at 11 and have had periods when I had undetectable levels of estradiol.
    I'm with you, Marcadav, although I don't know about my estradiol levels--I've never had that checked. Started at age 11, still going, and I'm 55 also. Grrrr. My lady doc says I'm "above average" because average menopause age is 51. I told her I'd rather be average in this instance!

MissJecka is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldie View Post
    I'm with you, Marcadav, although I don't know about my estradiol levels--I've never had that checked. Started at age 11, still going, and I'm 55 also. Grrrr. My lady doc says I'm "above average" because average menopause age is 51. I told her I'd rather be average in this instance!
    My mother is 56 and still has her period!
    >> Current Stats: 90% Primal / 143 lbs / ~25% BF
    >> Goal (by 1 Jan 2014): 90% Primal / 135-ish pounds / 20-22% BF

>> Upcoming Fitness Feats: Tough Mudder, June 2013
    >> Check out my super-exciting journal by clicking these words.

Weight does NOT equal health -- ditch the scale, don't be a slave to it!

Goldie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MissJecka View Post
    My mother is 56 and still has her period!
    Oh pleeeease Jecka, don't squash my hopes...

tomi is offline Senior Member
    oh......... sorry girls. That definitely sucks! But the good news is......... it should be ending very soon! Fingers crossed!! I started missing periods about every 6 months starting at age 48 - by the time I got to 51 it was completely over. I had the hot flashes - but none of the wild moodiness that some women experience. I felt a bit teary a couple times, a maybe a bit cranky a couple times but thats it! I'm happy to say I'm done with it! You'll get there too ---- hang in there! but beware of the other not so great things that come with it............. facial hair is the worst!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

As per Marcadav:
    Do 30-60 days clean primal.
    No grains, sugar, alcohol.
    Eat 3 meals and primal snacks.
    Don't track food.
    Don't tweak.
    Don't expect issues to go away quickly. Instead, just follow the plan and see how things play out.
    Decide on an exercise plan you can/will do consistently during the 30-60 days and then do it.

Urban Forager is online now Senior Member
    Regarding perimenopausal clotty periods..... Did any of you have excessive bleeding, more than a pad an hour? If so did you do anything about it? My doctor prescribed progesterone for temporary relief, but said I need to do one of three things: 1) get a Mirena IUD (costs $800 and my insurance will not pay for it, 2)Endometrial Ablation (probably would be even more expensive than the IUD), 3) birth control pills which the doc says has risk factors for women my age. Any thoughts?

I'm in between periods and dreading the next potential flood.

Oh pleeeease Jecka, don't squash my hopes...
    You read my mind. However I'm 4 months from being 56 so things are not looking promising.

My current doctor say's she's had patients still having periods at 58. My doctor in S. CA, only half jokingly, said since I had regular periods with no estradiol in my body I may have periods forever. I wanted to strangle her.

In my 20s I had a period every 2 weeks. I breastfed my children (including twins) exclusively for over a year. With each one my period returned when they were 3 months old. All my friends that breastfed never had a period while nursing and several didn't have periods for months after they stopped.

To say I've had enough is an understatement.

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    I had bad flooding and clots. The reason for them was not peri-menopause but fibroids. I had an elective total abdominal hysterectomy at age 39.

On a totally different subject, this question is for Namelesswonder or anybody else who knows. How do you get the purple hair? I've always wanted to do something crazy to my hair, like sport a purple chunk or something like that. Is it completely permanent? Does it wear off after a little while? Can you buy purple hair color at the drug store and apply it to just one piece of hair? Or do you have to go to a salon?
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Highest squat: 167.5 x 2. Current Deadlift: 190 x 3

PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Hello fellow Amazonian woman. Welcome. I'm 5'10" also. I started at 210 size 16 and am now 150 size 6. It is doable.
    I've read your success story, you're amazing and your story is super motivating to me

I haven't been 150 since.... well... hmm.... since I was about 22?

That was the year I inadvertently got in great shape from walking back and forth to work for a few months (1.25 mi each way, my truck was in getting a custom paint job), then working out with weights or running after work. Of course I was eating whatever I wanted lol.... that spring I splurged on some (to me) expensive clothes, and even a thong bikini (which I never wore in public, only to get a good tan), and I was into a 7/8 pants size then.

Heck, I'm a size 13 at about 170lbs, I can only wonder what size jeans I'd wear at 150! Could I fit into 30/34 Levi's 501s again? Hmm.... there's a goal to shoot for!

Speaking of Aunt Flo - must be the Bad Ovary this month, I've been tempted to punch a dolphin in the mouth several times over the last couple of days. I also think that I get a bit toxic when I'm cooking through those 'bad fat cells' or something. Going to take a long, sweaty walk later, pushing our 40lb kid in the jogging stroller, see if I can't sweat some of this out.

At least as I've started to eat better, my periods aren't as heavy as they were. I was startled last August when I got my first one post-breast-feeding, the bathroom looked like a crime scene or something.