Page 14 of 183 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464114 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 1821

Thread: She-Groks Only.......... cuz it works different for us page 14

  1. #131
    Team Oberg's Avatar
    Team Oberg is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Alexandria Virginia
    Posts
    135
    Primal Fuel
    I have tried all of the tricks, the small plate thing does not always work for me, especially when you can get up and get more. I use chia seeds, Take a few tablespoons in them and drink a glass of water, this will make the seeds swell and fill up your stomach, that way you feel full quicker. Also fasting helps to lessen hunger levels and help form a more healthy relationship with food.
    *I don't mind living in a man's world as long as I can be a woman in it.*
    Marilyn Monroe

  2. #132
    Gravyboat's Avatar
    Gravyboat is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Cleveland, OH
    Posts
    1,204
    Quote Originally Posted by Team Oberg View Post
    I have tried all of the tricks, the small plate thing does not always work for me, especially when you can get up and get more. I use chia seeds, Take a few tablespoons in them and drink a glass of water, this will make the seeds swell and fill up your stomach, that way you feel full quicker.
    See, I don't want to feel full though. Feeling full is uncomfortable and sucks. And you can feel full without feeling satiated. And satiated without feeling full!

    Feeling done and satiated is based on leptin, which is an unconscious physiological thing rather than a conscious "I can feel my stomach swelling up uncomfortably" thing. But a lot of people are leptin-resistant so they never feel satiated. The leptin reset program helps to make your body more sensitive to that hormone so your body senses you have eaten and you just feel like "Oh, this food no longer appeals to me. I'm done." instead of continuing to eat until it's "BLARGHGRH I'M STUFFEDDD BLURGHRHGH"

    Big difference!

    Eating slower also helps because it gives your body more time to produce/receive the leptin and signal you to stop eating. I don't know if this happens to other people, but often when I am cooking, if I taste-test along the way to make sure I am spicing it right (or whatever), a lot of the time, by the time the meal is ready, I am not even hungry anymore. My body thinks I already ate! And I only had a couple spoonfuls, but I'm totally satiated and not interested in eating any more. That's leptin.

    _-J o u r n a l_--------- ---- ---- --- --- -- -- -

  3. #133
    RitaRose's Avatar
    RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    3,952
    I've had Mirena for 6 years now and I love it. I know it doesn't help you much, Nameless, but in case anyone else is looking for another method, it's worth looking into.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

  4. #134
    Bosnic's Avatar
    Bosnic is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    646
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    Bosnic -- is there a reason you feel the compelling need to offer your opinion about this thread? If you don't like it, just ignore it. You've made it quite clear you don't see the need for this thread. Fine - point noted. Now move along and play somewhere else.

    Ladies - if you don't respond to him he'll likely go away
    Just as you're allowed to post your opinion of me, I'm allowed to share my opinion with this thread. Or are you being selective about who is allowed to converse in this thread? Am I breaking any forum rule?

    To shut people up simply because they disagree with you is immoral. I personally am questioning the motive behind this thread, not the creation of it.

    This "finally we get to talk about ourselves" attitude was not needed. Sure, create a thread about female-specific issues, that's fine. But the fact that the thread creator was "frustrated" that 80% of the posts are from men is ridiculous and falls into the false notion of oppression found in feminism. And as I said previously, I believe that number is greatly exaggerated and that the majority of this site applies to both men and women.
    Last edited by Bosnic; 03-12-2012 at 07:52 PM.

  5. #135
    Gravyboat's Avatar
    Gravyboat is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Cleveland, OH
    Posts
    1,204
    Quote Originally Posted by Bosnic View Post
    the false notion of oppression found in feminism
    Whatever you say, champ. *ignore*

    _-J o u r n a l_--------- ---- ---- --- --- -- -- -

  6. #136
    RitaRose's Avatar
    RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    3,952
    Quote Originally Posted by Bosnic View Post
    This "finally we get to talk about ourselves" attitude was not needed. Sure, create a thread about female-specific issues, that's fine. But the fact that the thread creator was "frustrated" that 80% of the posts are from men is ridiculous and falls into the false notion of oppression found in feminism. And as I said previously, I believe that number is greatly exaggerated and that the majority of this site applies to both men and women.
    I'm just going to speak this one time on this subject and then be done.

    Most studies are done on men. Sorry, but that's a fact of life that has only been changing recently. Problem is, men and women ARE different.

    Case in point, cholesterol levels. For women, optimal cholesterol levels are a straight line where the higher the cholesterol, the longer the lifespan. For men, it's a U-shaped curve with a sweet spot in the middle. So if you tell everyone that their cholesterol levels should be at that sweet spot, then you would be telling women the wrong thing.

    If you tell everyone that high cortisol increases estrogen, you would be telling men the correct thing. But for women, it increases testosterone, not estrogen.

    If you tell everyone the symptoms of a heart attack are chest or shoulder pain, then you would be telling men the correct thing. But for women, it's usually jaw pain.

    So women ARE very different from men. Not better or worse, just different. I work with men all day, I have one I'm completely in love with, and I have 2 sons that I adore. I genuinely LIKE men. But men don't have babies or periods or menopause or a uterus or massive hormone swings. And that's okay.

    But the health advice that applies to men doesn't always work for women. Like how most of the ways you can fix a Ford apply to a Chevy. But not everything. Some parts are different, and some repairs are going to be different.

    I think this thread was just a way to post about things women need to understand that don't apply to men.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

  7. #137
    Gravyboat's Avatar
    Gravyboat is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Cleveland, OH
    Posts
    1,204
    Quote Originally Posted by RitaRose View Post
    If you tell everyone that high cortisol increases estrogen, you would be telling men the correct thing. But for women, it increases testosterone, not estrogen.
    Source please! If true, this would explain a LOT.

    _-J o u r n a l_--------- ---- ---- --- --- -- -- -

  8. #138
    Leida's Avatar
    Leida is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Calgary, AB
    Posts
    5,783
    Adding muscle to your legs really does wonders for the bulges as it gives your legs a nice curve in the thigh. I'm not sure what body type you have but that worked wonders for me. Oh, until I put on these 25 pounds in two months time, that is! It's already slowly melting off on paleo - the tragedy is, no matter how much lean mass I have and how low my body fat % is I'll always have fat on my inner and outer knees. I'm seriously considering lipo.
    Doesn't work for me, unfortunately. I am barbell training for 2+ years, and my quadracep just grows bigger and bigger, with upper leg only looking heavier and heavier and the side flop sticking right there.

    I used to be pear shape before having my child, but now I am more of a banana shape, because the waist line won't shrunk down to per-preg ratio to thighs/chest. Did anyone who had kids noticed that after pregnancy the stomach tends to stick out more because, presumably, it got stretched by preg?

    I am considering lipo too, whenever I have a crisis of faith. Well, like now! It seems I have done EVERYTHING (bootcamps, lifting heavy, more cardio, less cardio, intense cardio, steady state cardio, belly dancing, praying at Drakula's grave site at exactly 3:56 pm on Solstice Day....) but I just can't get the tight/firm body. All I get is more muscle (which is great, I like that!) & pudgy. The fat layer sticks, even when I go to very low weight for my height (at my latest attempt I dropped to 113 lbs at height of 5'6" and 1/2"). Suckage.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

  9. #139
    badbunny's Avatar
    badbunny is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Manchester, UK
    Posts
    329
    Quote Originally Posted by Leida View Post
    Did anyone who had kids noticed that after pregnancy the stomach tends to stick out more because, presumably, it got stretched by preg?
    My waist was always my pride and joy! I am an hourglass figure and I had (HAD) prior to my now 15 year old daughter, a 24inch washboard stomach.

    I still have a relatively small waist 28" but I also have a little 'paunch', now I don't know if that was because I had a C Section and they cut right through that muscle or if its because I had a baby.

    B/f thinks its cute, I've come to accept it as womanly and just another scar on my travel through life, just like the stretch marks, I think we get too hung up on perfection....
    Perseverance is not a long race; it is many short races one after the other.
    Walter Elliot

    I am a horse for a single harness, not cut out for tandem or teamwork; for well I know that in order to attain any definite goal, it is imperative that one person do the thinking and the commanding. Albert Einstein

  10. #140
    Leida's Avatar
    Leida is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Calgary, AB
    Posts
    5,783
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I don't think i ever had 24" waist, but my tummy used to look flat and trim. Now, it rolls out with any amount of food I eat I managed to get to about 26" waist, and have been fighting to hit 25".

    There are days I try to talk myself into staying pudgy, but then I keep rallying up, and finding some new hope, some new idea to get the body I wanted when I was 14, and 20, and 30, and have never gotten. It's infuriating that nothing works. I feel so stupid that I can't nail it! There GOTTA be a way. Other women are trim, why not me?!
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •