Page 136 of 183 FirstFirst ... 3686126134135136137138146 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,360 of 1821

Thread: She-Groks Only.......... cuz it works different for us page 136

cavequeen is offline Senior Member
    I am so proud of myself! I resisted a table of my former favorite chocolate, chips and donuts. I mean there wasn't a single thing at this training that wasn't fattening! Now, I just need to resist the rest of the week. So glad I had lots of food already prepared. I can just relax tonight.

noodletoy is offline Senior Member
    i was under 5 feet all through high school, but with giant bewbies. not at all awkward. did not reach my full giant potential of 5'1.5" until sophomore year of college, lol.
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    I've been telling people I was 5'8" my entire adult life.

A couple of years ago, at the age of 45, I found out I was wrong. I'm 5'6", a whole 2 inches shorter, and I did not shrink.

Seriously, who doesn't know their own height???
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

noodletoy is offline Senior Member
    sometimes i have trouble remembering how old i am.
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

teach2183 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by noodletoy View Post
    everybody has a different sweet spot, sorry.
    Ditto this. I don't track though. I eat to be sure I'm full between meals and try to eliminate snacks. For me this means I'm eating more real foods instead of nuts or chocolate. I'm only losing ~0.5lb/week, but that's okay with me if I don't have to become obsessive about tracking my food!

cavequeen is offline Senior Member
    I weighed this morning and I was up over a 1lb. I was little disappointed until I realized that going off my diuertic and it being right before the start of my cycle, that it would be a wonder if I wasn't. Still would have been nice to be down. I may need to get stricter at some point.

But right now I just want to give my body a chance to get used to not being on bp meds and back to work full time on a different sleep schedule.

teach2183 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cavequeen View Post
    I weighed this morning and I was up over a 1lb. I was little disappointed until I realized that going off my diuertic and it being right before the start of my cycle, that it would be a wonder if I wasn't. Still would have been nice to be down. I may need to get stricter at some point.

But right now I just want to give my body a chance to get used to not being on bp meds and back to work full time on a different sleep schedule.
    Great idea. I've found that if we provide proper nutrition, our bodies can do amazing things. Often when we stop losing/slow down, it is because our bodies are focusing on something else. Give your body at least a month settle before you start wondering if you're off base. You may find that you start losing again once repairs have been made to adjust for the medication change.

MissJecka is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by teach2183 View Post
    Ditto this. I don't track though. I eat to be sure I'm full between meals and try to eliminate snacks. For me this means I'm eating more real foods instead of nuts or chocolate. I'm only losing ~0.5lb/week, but that's okay with me if I don't have to become obsessive about tracking my food!
    When I lost 40 pounds, I did it over the span of 2 years (-ish), averaging out to roughly 1/2 pound per week. But, I was obsessed with counting Calories... something I still struggle with today. So, if you can have success without obsessively tracking your food, more power to you! Color me jealous!
    >> Current Stats: 90% Primal / 143 lbs / ~25% BF
    >> Goal (by 1 Jan 2014): 90% Primal / 135-ish pounds / 20-22% BF

>> Upcoming Fitness Feats: Tough Mudder, June 2013
    >> Check out my super-exciting journal by clicking these words.

Weight does NOT equal health -- ditch the scale, don't be a slave to it!

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    Any else struggled with chronic yeast infections? I've tried pretty much everything, don't feel like detailing it all now, but I'm not sure what else to do. I'm VERY sensitive to sugar (always have been, but it didn't used to trigger yeast infections, just messed with my head/skin), it seems like I can't even eat fruit now without messing up my gut flora. Just looking for some support or advice
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Any else struggled with chronic yeast infections? I've tried pretty much everything, don't feel like detailing it all now, but I'm not sure what else to do. I'm VERY sensitive to sugar (always have been, but it didn't used to trigger yeast infections, just messed with my head/skin), it seems like I can't even eat fruit now without messing up my gut flora. Just looking for some support or advice
    Dr. Mercola has a whole protocol for eliminating yeast overgrowth. Check out his website. Natural Health Information Articles and Health Newsletter by Dr. Joseph Mercola and then search "yeast" or "candida". Lots of good info and what to do to get rid of it.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation