Page 135 of 183 FirstFirst ... 3585125133134135136137145 ... LastLast
Results 1,341 to 1,350 of 1821

Thread: She-Groks Only.......... cuz it works different for us page 135

  1. #1341
    sakura_girl's Avatar
    sakura_girl is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    US
    Posts
    3,624
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    Not that I want to discourage your good advice, but is this really true? I reached my full adult height by age 13. Staggering height of 5'3", I know, but I never grew anymore ever again, except for outward.
    Your n=1 doesn't apply to everyone. I stopped growing at around the age of 14 to 5'3", and grew an additional inch when I was 19, to 5'4". I may be an outlier, but hey, so can she.

  2. #1342
    sbhikes's Avatar
    sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Santa Barbara
    Posts
    9,252
    Hey, I was just curious because it seemed odd to me that anyone female could expect to change beyond a year or two after puberty. I know for men it's pretty common but I can't remember a single girl in school who grew in height after their mid-teens. Anybody I knew who was tall was towering over all the boys by age 14 and anybody I knew that was short stayed that way.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Highest squat: 167.5 x 2. Current Deadlift: 210 x 3

  3. #1343
    teach2183's Avatar
    teach2183 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Chicago Suburbs
    Posts
    1,057
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    Hey, I was just curious because it seemed odd to me that anyone female could expect to change beyond a year or two after puberty. I know for men it's pretty common but I can't remember a single girl in school who grew in height after their mid-teens. Anybody I knew who was tall was towering over all the boys by age 14 and anybody I knew that was short stayed that way.
    Interesting. I hit puberty at 10 though and grew an additional inch in college. So many variables!

  4. #1344
    KimInGA's Avatar
    KimInGA is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    284
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    I count - but I'm not completely anal about it. I do it to keep myself honest about exactly what I'm putting in my mouth. I also don't count every single day. I tend to eat about the same amount of food every day.
    Question: have any of you figured out what the calorie "sweet spot" for weight loss is? I downloaded an app to track what I eat, and my average over two weeks is 1609 calories: 104g fat, 81g carb, 84g protein. Supposedly this is a significant deficit for a 31yo, 5'9" female who is "low active" (desk job, but have a standing desk). Not seeing the scale or measurements budge though! I'm not cheating and eating any sweets/desserts either, so I'm kind of at a loss.

  5. #1345
    Paleobird's Avatar
    Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    Hey, I was just curious because it seemed odd to me that anyone female could expect to change beyond a year or two after puberty. I know for men it's pretty common but I can't remember a single girl in school who grew in height after their mid-teens. Anybody I knew who was tall was towering over all the boys by age 14 and anybody I knew that was short stayed that way.
    I reached my full 5'10" by the age of 12. Then filled in sideways later.

  6. #1346
    KimInGA's Avatar
    KimInGA is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    284
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    I reached my full 5'10" by the age of 12. Then filled in sideways later.
    I got to 5'8" by the time I was 13, then added one more inch by the time I was 16. And my weight is the same now as it was when I was 13! It's gone up and down by 10 lbs though, at different points.

  7. #1347
    Goldie's Avatar
    Goldie is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Northern Utah
    Posts
    1,470
    I hit 5'2" at age 11 and am still the same height; and I weigh about what I did then, too.

    Another 2 inches in height would be really nice... I could reach the stuff on the middle shelves in my kitchen. *sigh*

  8. #1348
    sbhikes's Avatar
    sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Santa Barbara
    Posts
    9,252
    I remember these fraternal twins in school. At 14 years old, the girl was over 6' tall and the boy was still just a little boy. It was strange to see them walking around knowing that they were twins.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Highest squat: 167.5 x 2. Current Deadlift: 210 x 3

  9. #1349
    cavequeen's Avatar
    cavequeen is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    116
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    I remember these fraternal twins in school. At 14 years old, the girl was over 6' tall and the boy was still just a little boy. It was strange to see them walking around knowing that they were twins.
    I have fraternal twins that are both boys who are 13 years old. The shorter one is know quite a bit taller than the so called tall one. He went through his growth spurt early. Needless to say the other one is sweating it till he can reach his brother. They both are interested in drinking bone broth since I told them I read Deep Nutrition where it might help. Lol

  10. #1350
    noodletoy's Avatar
    noodletoy is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    land of the glass pinecones
    Posts
    2,672
    Quote Originally Posted by KimInGA View Post
    Question: have any of you figured out what the calorie "sweet spot" for weight loss is? I downloaded an app to track what I eat, and my average over two weeks is 1609 calories: 104g fat, 81g carb, 84g protein. Supposedly this is a significant deficit for a 31yo, 5'9" female who is "low active" (desk job, but have a standing desk). Not seeing the scale or measurements budge though! I'm not cheating and eating any sweets/desserts either, so I'm kind of at a loss.
    have you tried reducing carbs further? i would not lose eating that many.

    are you eating lots of nuts or dairy?

    i don't think standing burns all that many more calories than sitting, i could be wrong though.

    everybody has a different sweet spot, sorry.
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

    Ernest Hemingway

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •