Page 131 of 183 FirstFirst ... 3181121129130131132133141181 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,310 of 1821

Thread: She-Groks Only.......... cuz it works different for us page 131

Shop Now
    well done Teach, I'm envious. Ive actually put weight on since starting the PB. I hope things change. Thats why I decided to do the Leptin Rx. Fingers crossed that it flicks some switches.

cavequeen is offline Senior Member
    Thanks everyone for the well wishes! Just got through the last days, death and funeral planning of my father in law, when my 8 year old gets sick. Today he spiked to a fever of 104.5, needless to say mom was freaked! After working out a different meds schedule with his doctor, he is now down to normal temperature. I was so tempted to say honey, pick up a pizza and some coke for dinner tonight, my old reward meal.

Instead I went in the kitchen made some chicken soup with the leftover chicken that no one wanted to eat. Next I am going to make my homemade mayo salad dressing with some boiled eggs and spinach for dinner.
    I am off my whole 30 only made it a couple of weeks before the bottom fell out of everything and I ate way too much pasta this weekend at relatives house so it's definitely more of a 80/20 split right now before the last few weeks, I was 100 percent compliant. But, I was constantly weighing, reading about primal, exercising all the time for at least a solid month.

Now, I feel like I am on more of a lifestyle. Not weighing everyday, if I got off one day at a event, I just make sure I get back on it while at home as quickly as possible.

I think it's working I have been really tired so while checking my blood pressure a couple of times at a different time of day. I have realized that it's dropping to 107/73 without even taking my meds so I per my doctor and I am going to try to get off it again. If I can be off my meds every day and be medicine free, I would be satisfied even if I don't lose a lot more weight quickly. If I can get my energy levels up, I can go back to working out more while will help I think. I will also be less tempted to eat bad foods to get my energy up.
    Last edited by cavequeen; 08-14-2012 at 08:46 AM.

Pedidoc is online now Senior Member
    Go easy on yourself cave queen. You've been through a highly stressful time. Kudos to making soup tonight. Way to go! <claps and cheers, standing O>
    Female 53
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

tomi is online now Senior Member
    care to share your soup recipe? I've never been able to make an edible soup............
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:
    Highest weight: 216
    Current weight: 189 (7-16-14)
    Goal weight: 140

cavequeen is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    care to share your soup recipe? I've never been able to make an edible soup............
    The secret is usually in the spices. I usually look through the well fed recipes and play around with the spices she uses. I also try to use whatever bone broth I have in the freezer usually chicken from when I cook a fryer chicken.

Wrenwood is offline Senior Member
    Mmmm, home-made soup! But it's too damn hot here to even think about making soup. Or bone broth for that matter. I just realized that I almost always put barley into soups - will have to adjust to that when it gets cool enough to have a pot simmering on the back of the stove for a few hours.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57034.html

"...since our orthodox theories have not saved us we may have to readjust them to bring them into harmony with Nature's laws. Nature must be obeyed, not orthodoxy." Weston A. Price

cadamsgis is offline Junior Member
    I installed by new pull up bar today - I had intitally thought to just wait til by husband got home but then I thought a she-grok would just install it herself. So I did. Now if only I could actually pull myself up. One step at a time ladies - one step at a time.

I'm on day 4 of PB.

tomi is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrenwood View Post
    Mmmm, home-made soup! But it's too damn hot here to even think about making soup. Or bone broth for that matter. I just realized that I almost always put barley into soups - will have to adjust to that when it gets cool enough to have a pot simmering on the back of the stove for a few hours.
    I'd have to agree with that! Its more cold salad weather than soup or broth here also! I think both will have to be put off until I feel a nice cool fall breeze blowing!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:
    Highest weight: 216
    Current weight: 189 (7-16-14)
    Goal weight: 140

Goldie is offline Senior Member
    Summer soup:

Chilled Cucumber Avocado Soup

2 unpeeled cucumbers
    2 avocados
    1 c. broth
    1/2 c. yogurt
    1 t. chopped onion
    1 T. chopped mint
    1 T. lemon juice
    1 t. vinegar
    1/4 t. cayenne pepper

Puree in a blender, season with salt and pepper. Chill 4 hours or overnight.

Makes about 5 cups.

Nutrition data for 1 cup:
    112 calories
    6 grams carbs
    4 grams protein
    5 grams fat

Pedidoc is online now Senior Member
    Sounds yummy. Grocery store tomorrow!
    Female 53
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html