Page 130 of 183 FirstFirst ... 3080120128129130131132140180 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,300 of 1821

Thread: She-Groks Only.......... cuz it works different for us page 130

Wrenwood is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Has anyone here successfully done a leptin reset? I impulsively started on this a week ago but couldn't keep it up. I just can't eat that much food so early in the day. I'd be interested in how it worked for you.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57034.html

"...since our orthodox theories have not saved us we may have to readjust them to bring them into harmony with Nature's laws. Nature must be obeyed, not orthodoxy." Weston A. Price

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    I think you can get just as good results eating a smaller high protein breakfast. That's all I've ever done. I never tried to follow Jack Kruse. Who can understand a word he says anyway?
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Highest squat: 167.5 x 2. Current Deadlift: 190 x 3

noodletoy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    I think you can get just as good results eating a smaller high protein breakfast. That's all I've ever done. I never tried to follow Jack Kruse. Who can understand a word he says anyway?
    as an english major, my eyeballs bled flames trying to read his site. good lawd. i know quite a few women who gained weight with his reset. for smaller or older women it's just too much damn food.

agree with sb -- a decent amount of protein as my first meal is very sating.
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

onalark is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    It seems bacon-wrapped hot dogs with onions and peppers are the hot thing in Mexican street food. Not that there's a lot of Mexican street food allowed in Santa Barbara, but it was allowed last weekend and that's where we saw it. It's really good. In moderation.
    Yeaaaah. This was sort of a treat. I did use Niman ranch dogs and properly smoked bacon, but it's not something I would suggest anyone do every night of the week. (Too much salt, for one -- even for me, and I'm a salt fiend.)

teach2183 is offline Senior Member
    Just wanted to share my victory. I broke the 180 mark yesterday, weighing in at 179.4! This means I've (slowly) lost 15lbs since Jan 21. There have been ups and downs, but I haven't made any huge changes at any time. Wanted to share to give some hope to others that are also slowly losing. Stick with it and over time you will see results. I like to think this weight is more likely to stay off since I lost it slowly as well.

KerryK is offline Senior Member
    Fabulous, Teach! Successes like these are great to read! Congrats!

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by noodletoy View Post
    as an english major, my eyeballs bled flames trying to read his site. good lawd. i know quite a few women who gained weight with his reset. for smaller or older women it's just too much damn food.

agree with sb -- a decent amount of protein as my first meal is very sating.
    As a former English professor, I couldn't agree more.

I think he takes a basically sound idea, having a decent portion of protein as your first meal, and then invents arbitrary rules like it has to be exactly 50 grams within 30 minutes of waking, etc. Having the protein really does help though. Scale the portion to fit. And if it is 31 minutes, the earth is not going to implode.

Pedidoc is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by teach2183 View Post
    Just wanted to share my victory. I broke the 180 mark yesterday, weighing in at 179.4! This means I've (slowly) lost 15lbs since Jan 21. There have been ups and downs, but I haven't made any huge changes at any time. Wanted to share to give some hope to others that are also slowly losing. Stick with it and over time you will see results. I like to think this weight is more likely to stay off since I lost it slowly as well.
    Way to go Teach2183!!! I'm still trying to break the 160 mark........
    Female 52 travel for business monthly
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Wrenwood is offline Senior Member
    Teach, big congratulations!!!!

SB, Noodletoy & Paleobird, thanks for the feedback. And LOL on the critiques of his ... erm... writing style. Reading that site is like eating artichokes - there's some substance there and it does seem good, but wow it's a lot of work to get to.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57034.html

"...since our orthodox theories have not saved us we may have to readjust them to bring them into harmony with Nature's laws. Nature must be obeyed, not orthodoxy." Weston A. Price

Quote Originally Posted by Wrenwood View Post
    Has anyone here successfully done a leptin reset? I impulsively started on this a week ago but couldn't keep it up. I just can't eat that much food so early in the day. I'd be interested in how it worked for you.
    Hi Wrenwood , I am about two weeks into the Leptin reset. Some changes have taken place, I feel good again, more energy , skipping lunch mostly and hardly feeling hungry.Sleeping well, getting up earlier. No change on the scales but I didnt expect that anyway. Hopefully things will move eventually.
    Ive found the BAB easier to get down as time went by and somedays I only do 30 -40 gms, I dont worry about it and try to get more the next day. I have found canned fish the easiest to get the most protein in.
    Previous to starting this I felt very tired, fatigued after little work and was just thinking that
    1.I hadnt lost weight on LC and
    2 I felt rubbish so clearly it wasnt working for me.
    I'll let you know how things progress.