Page 128 of 183 FirstFirst ... 2878118126127128129130138178 ... LastLast
Results 1,271 to 1,280 of 1821

Thread: She-Groks Only.......... cuz it works different for us page 128

Wrenwood is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I mostly lurk here but cavequeen, I just wanted to give you a pat on the back for dealing as well as you could with a very stressful, emotionally loaded situation. Hope things are going the way you intend them now.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57034.html

"...since our orthodox theories have not saved us we may have to readjust them to bring them into harmony with Nature's laws. Nature must be obeyed, not orthodoxy." Weston A. Price

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    Older woman alert in today's success story! It's a good one.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 180 x 2. Current Deadlift: 230 x 2

tomi is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    Older woman alert in today's success story! It's a good one.
    It is a good one!! These kind get me all fired up to stay the course!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

MamaJ7205 is offline Junior Member
    new here...so hi! sorry to hear about your fil cavequeen.

I am starting Paleo because I really want to have a healthier household and healthier, stronger me.

James B is offline Junior Member
    You can't hate this forum just because it happens to be dominated by men. Yes woman and men have a few different needs but other than that it's incorperating both men and woman. Post as many threads as you wish, we men won't start throwing spears at you for being female.

MamaJ7205 is offline Junior Member
    went back and read quite a few pages. can't wait to jump in and learn lots of goodies from you ladies. My husband is on board, and my kids will have to be lol. I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed with all the information I've been reading (reading PB now, and browsing here and other sites) and not quite sure what is the best plan from to go with. We are working on cutting out breads, dry cereals, crackers and just plain crappy crap foods. I worry about all of us getting the right balance and especially for myself because I am nursing my littlest. Would love some basic advice

Goldie is offline Senior Member
    You've already overcome what can be the hardest hurdle--getting the spouse on board with the Plan. I wish my hubby would ditch some of his junk food!

Basic advice:
    • Don't sweat the small stuff.
    • Cutting out grains, fast food, and soda takes care of the majority of things that are crap foods.
    • Be sure you read the ingredients in any packaged food. I've started the hubby doing this, too, and he says, "Damn, they put sugar in everything!"
    • Depending on the age of your kids, you may have to give in a little to things they're used to, especially if/when they're in school. There are some great recipes out there for non-grain cookies and other treats!
    • Search the forum for any topic you're interested in. There's a wealth of information here, but it's sometimes hard to find!
    • Keep smiling, and play!

tomi is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaJ7205 View Post
    went back and read quite a few pages. can't wait to jump in and learn lots of goodies from you ladies. My husband is on board, and my kids will have to be lol. I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed with all the information I've been reading (reading PB now, and browsing here and other sites) and not quite sure what is the best plan from to go with. We are working on cutting out breads, dry cereals, crackers and just plain crappy crap foods. I worry about all of us getting the right balance and especially for myself because I am nursing my littlest. Would love some basic advice
    Remember almost all of the advice in the forum comes from everyday people who are just trying to find the right balance for them. There are lots of body builder guys who will tell you how to carb up after a work out - or that you're just not trying hard enough if you aren't seeing the results that you want. Ignore them. Read the book and follow what Mark says. You'll be fine. And I agree -- the biggest hurdle is getting the spouse on board! My husband is my biggest downfall to staying on track! He steers me off course as often as he possibly can!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

Pedidoc is online now Senior Member
    I agree getting husband on board is huge. Breast feeding should go well on primal. The fat content will transfer to your milk.
    Female 53
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    Oh my god my boyfriend decided to surprise me. He made hot dogs (buffalo hotdogs with no nitrates or something like that) with bacon (Trader Joe's ends and pieces) and peppers and onions. Steamed veggies on the side. He thought I'd like it. I had a bacon-wrapped hot dog at a festival this weekend and it was really good. But this was like oh my god how much fat can any person eat? Ha ha. I'm laughing, not complaining. It was tasty but certainly proved that you can only eat so much fat before you are crying uncle, uncle. Please no more! I think I'm going to just lie on the couch for the rest of the evening. And laugh.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 180 x 2. Current Deadlift: 230 x 2