Page 127 of 183 FirstFirst ... 2777117125126127128129137177 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,270 of 1821

Thread: She-Groks Only.......... cuz it works different for us page 127

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    At least your partner is willing to eat primal foods. Mine thought his chest pains were from "all that" meat and fat I cook for him. Nevermind that I cook him chicken, fish and steamed vegetables and his chest pains are probably from flying across the country (stress) to visit his family in New Yawk (even more stress, plus lots of unhealthy food).
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Highest squat: 167.5 x 2. Current Deadlift: 190 x 3

noodletoy is offline Senior Member
    anybody ever try any dong quai for lady troubles?

Dong Quai | Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center

am off the mirena iud about 10 weeks now and my uterus is again very swollen and crampy. am reading hopeful info on the webs, but was curious if anybody had a direct trial with the stuff.
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

jaye is offline Senior Member
    Hi all.

Have any of you been to the Paleo for Women blog by Stefani Ruper? I love it! And she just announced on facebook that she has set up a forum. It's brand new but check it out! Paleo For Women | The Forums

primal me is offline Member
    Oh I love egg yolks! I still haven't really looked for anything because I think we are getting enough protein from the food I make. The smoothies are high in carbs from the fruit so I'm limiting my intake for now. It's very nice of my son to share with me when he has leftovers though.
    I'm a 39 y/o mother of 3 sons ages 12, 14, and 15
    HT: 5'7"
    SW: 223 June 2012
    CW: 191.4 April 21 2013
    TWL2D: 32 lbs

Primal Goals: to feel healthier, fitter, and sexier than ever before

Favourite primal resources: The Food Lovers Make it Paleo cookbook, Practical Paleo by Diane Sanfilippo, The Food Lovers Kitchen, Primal Kitchen: A Family Grokumentary and of course Mark's Daily Apple!

cavequeen is offline Senior Member
    Sad, hard week.

Death of my fil plus my mil is being a bit of a diva with the funeral planning. As she can't handle the details and tells us to do what we think is best and then we have to turn around and change things because it's not living up to her vision. It's not a traditional ceremony. But her husband has died so we figure she has earned the diva role but still tons of stress for my sil and I.

I have gone off my whole 30 because it hasn't been feasible but I have been trying to eat greek yogurt and fruit, nuts because that's been easier. Though I caved in and had one of the 6 cakes available, a delicious rich strawberry one. At least it was the best strawberry cake, I have ever had but I could have kicked myself later, I avoided it for a couple of days but finally succumb.

So my goal this weekend is to do the best I can and try to be stricter again on Monday and hope I don't gain any weight that I have fought for the entire summer to get off.

Pedidoc is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cavequeen View Post
    Sad, hard week.

Death of my fil plus my mil is being a bit of a diva with the funeral planning. As she can't handle the details and tells us to do what we think is best and then we have to turn around and change things because it's not living up to her vision. It's not a traditional ceremony. But her husband has died so we figure she has earned the diva role but still tons of stress for my sil and I.

I have gone off my whole 30 because it hasn't been feasible but I have been trying to eat greek yogurt and fruit, nuts because that's been easier. Though I caved in and had one of the 6 cakes available, a delicious rich strawberry one. At least it was the best strawberry cake, I have ever had but I could have kicked myself later, I avoided it for a couple of days but finally succumb.

So my goal this weekend is to do the best I can and try to be stricter again on Monday and hope I don't gain any weight that I have fought for the entire summer to get off.
    Sorry to hear about your fil, cavequeen. Take the cake as your 20% and move on. The more pressure you put on yourself during this stressful time, the harder it gets to stick to what you know is right.
    Female 52 travel for business monthly
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Quote Originally Posted by Pedidoc View Post
    Sorry to hear about your fil, cavequeen. Take the cake as your 20% and move on. The more pressure you put on yourself during this stressful time, the harder it gets to stick to what you know is right.
    Thanks, I am going to try. I just weighed and I am up a lb and half so that will help keep me on track this weekend as much as possible. I hope some of that is water weight and the end of my TOM. I will be really frustrated if it's not as I have been stuck for the last 1-2 weeks and I was hoping that I could at least stay the same cause I just don't see the scale moving at the moment.

Pedidoc is online now Senior Member
    Take your frustration for a walk. It will get you out of the house and give you time to get your head straight. You could also schedule massages for you and mil - to get rid of tense muscles and relax a bit. You both would probably feel better afterward.
    Female 52 travel for business monthly
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

KimT is offline Senior Member
    So sorry cavequeen. Hope you are doing ok.

It was kind of a rough week. I ended up with a very stiff neck and a headache while in the middle of a session with a client. I finished up and got on the road. Fortunately my husband was with me to drive. The stop and go traffic was killing me and I was thankful for remembering to bring my towel (use one for my sweat during sessions), because right as he was pulling on the highway, I started puking. I filled the towel and then trashed his backpack.

I suffered with migraines when I was young and haven't had one where I threw up for quite some time, I mean like years. Strange thing was, the headache wasn't even that bad. We blasted the air the whole way since ice packs always help, and continued the 100 mile drive home. I couldn't keep my eyes open and actually passed out for most of the trip. I slep for 3 hours when we got home and then felt a bit better.

The odd thing is, I still feel pretty icky 4 days later. My head is very swimmy and every so often I get random waves of dizziness. I've been chugging water all day, thinking maybe I'm dehydrated, but doesn't seem to be helping. I'm hoping by tomorrow it'll be gone.

Okay, I am back on plan after a weekend of funeral events. I'm not back to doing the whole 30 that I was before this happened but at least I have been doing primal, some dairy.