Page 126 of 183 FirstFirst ... 2676116124125126127128136176 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,260 of 1821

Thread: She-Groks Only.......... cuz it works different for us page 126

noodletoy is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by RitaRose View Post
    Crap, I love you guys!

But seriously, is it really that much of a stretch to think it might be a BIT different for a menopausal female that's 2 or 3 decades older? Nah!

you womynz is nutz. your hormones are all in your head.
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

onalark is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    [...]
    Here's me on my backpack trip at the Cirque of the Towers in Wyoming! I do ultralight backpacking which is why my pack appears to be somewhat small.
    [...]
    You are apparently living my 20-something daydreams.

I have tried to sell Mr. Onalark on ultralight camping (we go a fair bit), but the man just loves his toys too much. And that's why I keep buying cars big enough to haul all our air mattresses, tents, camp stoves, axes, firewood, and etc. up the mountains.

Every now and then I get a tiny victory and convince him to leave a camp stove behind.

But then he just buys an extra bundle of wood. -_-

At least he likes camping!

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cavequeen View Post
    Okay, ladies

How long do you wait when weight is not moving to make changes?

I am 43 year old woman, new to primal about 3 weeks. I have lost about 9 1/4 lbs over the last month, I was dieting before I started primal and I had a big whoosh of 2 1/2 lbs the day before I started whole 30. I am on my 14th day of whole 30. I lost another 3lbs and inches the first week of whole 30. For this second week, I haven't lost inches or any more lbs after losing fairly steady. Some of the bloating also might be part of my cycle as it is close to that time.

I have been doing some intense hour long yoga every other day but I stopped exercising as much with sprints and harder cardio because it seemed to make me snacky and once I did scale down my exercise and tighten up my diet, scale seemd to move more. I know it's fairly common for weight to plateau for a bit and then start moving again, it's happened to me in the past. But, I am starting to wonder if I need to starting charting and playing around with fat, carbs percentages. Any thoughts? Am I just be greedy and impatient?

Edited- I should also mention I am about 35 lbs from the middle of my BMI which until I can measure my BF is my tentative goal. Though a 15 lbs loss would move me from overweight to normal weight if I go by BMI. I mainly going by dropping enough weight to go off my bp meds with a normal bp though.
    It sounds to me like you are losing lots of weight. I would stay the course.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 180 x 2. Current Deadlift: 230 x 2

KimT is offline Senior Member
    I am finally catching up on everything around here. Glad everyone seems to be doing well. Sbhikes, the pic is awesome! Sounds like a great trip.

I had a wonderful trip to see family and friends and I worked on clients 3 days. My family came home with me and we walked...a lot! Even my mom with her double knee replacement did it all, including trips to the SD Zoo, Sea World, a tour of the Midway, and a few days at different beaches. It was great! Very sad to see them go home. With all the travelling and eating out, including birthdays and an anniversary, I gained a little weight, but then dropped it immediately, so broke even.

I started my job this past week, so logging 200 miles in the car daily. I packed water, some almonds, and fruit in a cooler just in case. Ate a few almonds a couple days, ate a piece of fruit 1 day, but that was it. Some of it was just boredom eating, like yesterday since it was heavy traffic and took 3 hours to get home. Working with this client is great experience and could be a fantastic resume builder for me and provide a lot of opportunites, so I will endure the driving.

I feel like I'm finally getting back to a normal schedule after 5 months of chaos. I really want to drop 25 pounds, that would put me at my lowest adult weight, but would be happy stabilizing at 15 less.

Guess this is another new chapter.

What I did on my road trip portion of my vacation was put my food in a cooler in the back of my truck. The only way I could get anything to eat was to stop and get out of my truck to get it. I only ate food in my cooler, except I went out for breakfast twice. It took me two and a half days of driving to get to the trailhead and two days of driving to get home. I even managed to drive halfway across the US without having to listen to any country music (I only have a radio and no air conditioning).

cavequeen is offline Senior Member
    Thanks, teach2183 and sbhikes

Yes, I guess I am getting a bit impatient but it feels like I have been trying to lose weight forever but it's only been the beginning of June. lol I have lost over 9 lbs though. I need to give my body time to adjust before I starting changing things around too much or I won't know what's working and what's not.

Jen AlcesAlces is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    Here's me on my backpack trip at the Cirque of the Towers in Wyoming! I do ultralight backpacking which is why my pack appears to be somewhat small.
    Hi sbhikes... That is a great shot of you at the Cirque! I live near there and can't wait to get back to hiking soon. Did you go over one if the passes? Sounds like a great time

Geez I couldn't read that CICO thread. Sounds like more black & white thinking, no thanks!
    Jen, former Midwesterner, living in the middle of nowhere.

I went over Jackass Pass and then Texas Pass. I also went over Knapsack Col. That was the scariest thing I've ever done. I didn't know how to walk on such steep snow. Somebody had to show me how to do it. I didn't have an ice axe.

I lost a lot of weight on my trip. The scale says 5lbs but it feels like more. My pants are totally ridiculously falling off. I actually think I look okay in my bathing suit now. My love handles are gone and the skin on my stomach seems loose like it shrunk too fast. I'm afraid it's all going to come right back. I'm trying not to give in to my hunger. I feel so hungry now that I'm home. I have to go back to sitting all day. How can I keep this weight off? I like it much better than where I've been stuck for so long.

annedawso is offline Senior Member
    My husband has been following the primal blueprint for last 7 weeks, hasn't bothered to read the book but just eats what I give him and has changed his exercise routine to more like mine.
    We took photos of him then and now and I could cry cos he is like one of those success story photos - the changes are immense. He wasn't overweight but the amount of body fat he has lost on his waist is fab.
    I feel quite demoralised as I have been following for far longer and ok I have lost weight and my clothes feel slightly looser but his changes are so noticeable.
    As my kids would say "it's not fair." and as my gran would say "who said life was fair".
    Damn his amazing physique, it just make me feel fatter.

cavequeen is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by annedawso View Post
    My husband has been following the primal blueprint for last 7 weeks, hasn't bothered to read the book but just eats what I give him and has changed his exercise routine to more like mine.
    We took photos of him then and now and I could cry cos he is like one of those success story photos - the changes are immense. He wasn't overweight but the amount of body fat he has lost on his waist is fab.
    I feel quite demoralised as I have been following for far longer and ok I have lost weight and my clothes feel slightly looser but his changes are so noticeable.
    As my kids would say "it's not fair." and as my gran would say "who said life was fair".
    Damn his amazing physique, it just make me feel fatter.
    I can relate! My husband hasn't started yet though he eats paleo meals that I cook. Not the best time due to a recent death of one of his parents and stress at work. But just from working out and doing martial arts with the kids, his waist is quite a bit flatter and he is probably down a size or almost down a size. He isn't even dieting yet! I work out all the time, nothing. lol