Page 125 of 183 FirstFirst ... 2575115123124125126127135175 ... LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,250 of 1821

Thread: She-Groks Only.......... cuz it works different for us page 125

bloodorchid is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    just let it roll off, cori dear

that's why i try to stay away from those threads, or else words like 'douche nozzle' and 'dumbass' would somehow be typed from my fingers
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post
    just let it roll off, cori dear

that's why i try to stay away from those threads, or else words like 'douche nozzle' and 'dumbass' would somehow be typed from my fingers
    True...
    Mentally edit out "you" and replace with "them/they".
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Crap, I love you guys!

But seriously, is it really that much of a stretch to think it might be a BIT different for a menopausal female that's 2 or 3 decades older? Nah!
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

JennGlob is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by teach2183 View Post
    Looking for input on clothes. My waist is finally shrinking and now my clothes just hang on me. I have a large chest, 36H, so clothes don't seem to fit right. They're either too short as I don't like to show my tummy, or fit big so I look fatter than I am. Anyone found a brand that isn't $$ that fits well? I'm considering buyin "tall" shirts, but I worry the sleeves will fit funny then.
    Haven't looked to see if you've gotten responses, but my tall friends love White House, Black Market. They can be pricey, but wait for sales and coupons.
    Primal since 4/7/2012

Starting weight 140
    Current weigh 126

www.jenniferglobensky.blogspot.com

Jennifer

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RitaRose View Post
    Crap, I love you guys!

But seriously, is it really that much of a stretch to think it might be a BIT different for a menopausal female that's 2 or 3 decades older? Nah!
    Bite your tongue. Everybody knows we're exactly the same as young dudes in their 20s and 30s. We're fat because we're gluttons, end of story.

Here's me on my backpack trip at the Cirque of the Towers in Wyoming! I do ultralight backpacking which is why my pack appears to be somewhat small.

I hiked with four other hikers, two in their 20s/30s and two in their 50s/60s. Us older ones were all on some version of this diet. One of them was on a version that only cuts out sugar and all types of flour, but not necessarily grains or anything else. He and his wife had obtained the same results that we all do cutting out much more things. His wife had lost 130lbs. He told a story of hiking into a town in New Mexico with a bakery and the guy who owned the bakery was on the same diet, too. He was thinking of changing his bakery to a restaurant. So rather than order baked goods, my friend asked the guy to cook up what he would make if it was a restaurant instead. Then they had a lot of fun talking about how staying away from wheat and sugar has changed their lives.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 170 x 3. Current Deadlift: 215 x 3

Jodis is offline Member
    Dare I even ask what CICO thread (I did figure out it meant calories in, calories out)?

My weight is not budging (nor dimensions, for that matter), and although I'm staying pretty primal, I'm not trying anything. I leave on vacation in less than a week, I have lots to do, and this would be an abyssmal time to try to change much of anything. My vacation goal is to stay as primal as possible and away from as much crap as possible.

But I've been THINKING a bit about what to change when I get back. And feeling discouraged and confused. Ah well, I guess I'll let all that go until I can actually even try some changes.

ETA: Crossposted. That's really interesting about the bakery owner. I've kind of wondered about that -- what would such a person do if they came to this WoE?
    Last edited by Jodis; 07-28-2012 at 07:20 AM.

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    I hiked with four other hikers, two in their 20s/30s and two in their 50s/60s. Us older ones were all on some version of this diet. One of them was on a version that only cuts out sugar and all types of flour, but not necessarily grains or anything else. He and his wife had obtained the same results that we all do cutting out much more things. His wife had lost 130lbs. He told a story of hiking into a town in New Mexico with a bakery and the guy who owned the bakery was on the same diet, too. He was thinking of changing his bakery to a restaurant. So rather than order baked goods, my friend asked the guy to cook up what he would make if it was a restaurant instead. Then they had a lot of fun talking about how staying away from wheat and sugar has changed their lives.
    That sounds awesome!

Last bakery I walked into was for work (they had the key to the electrical cabinet) and the guy was so thrilled with my patience (maybe it's this key - no maybe this one...) that he offered me a bunch of free pastries. I thanked him but said I don't eat wheat. He looked confused. "There isn't any meat in my pastries!" Yeah, because if there was, I'd be a little more tempted.

The guys I work with are mostly in their 20s. They eat like crap, but you kind of can when you're that age. They still don't see how a 47-year-old woman keeps up with them.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

cavequeen is offline Senior Member
    Okay, ladies

How long do you wait when weight is not moving to make changes?

I am 43 year old woman, new to primal about 3 weeks. I have lost about 9 1/4 lbs over the last month, I was dieting before I started primal and I had a big whoosh of 2 1/2 lbs the day before I started whole 30. I am on my 14th day of whole 30. I lost another 3lbs and inches the first week of whole 30. For this second week, I haven't lost inches or any more lbs after losing fairly steady. Some of the bloating also might be part of my cycle as it is close to that time.

I have been doing some intense hour long yoga every other day but I stopped exercising as much with sprints and harder cardio because it seemed to make me snacky and once I did scale down my exercise and tighten up my diet, scale seemd to move more. I know it's fairly common for weight to plateau for a bit and then start moving again, it's happened to me in the past. But, I am starting to wonder if I need to starting charting and playing around with fat, carbs percentages. Any thoughts? Am I just be greedy and impatient?

Edited- I should also mention I am about 35 lbs from the middle of my BMI which until I can measure my BF is my tentative goal. Though a 15 lbs loss would move me from overweight to normal weight if I go by BMI. I mainly going by dropping enough weight to go off my bp meds with a normal bp though.
    Last edited by cavequeen; 07-28-2012 at 08:19 AM.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jodis View Post
    Dare I even ask what CICO thread (I did figure out it meant calories in, calories out)?

My weight is not budging (nor dimensions, for that matter), and although I'm staying pretty primal, I'm not trying anything. I leave on vacation in less than a week, I have lots to do, and this would be an abyssmal time to try to change much of anything. My vacation goal is to stay as primal as possible and away from as much crap as possible.

But I've been THINKING a bit about what to change when I get back. And feeling discouraged and confused. Ah well, I guess I'll let all that go until I can actually even try some changes.

ETA: Crossposted. That's really interesting about the bakery owner. I've kind of wondered about that -- what would such a person do if they came to this WoE?
    Some primal foods that I don't keep in the house: any of the oils, nuts & seeds, butter.

Why? They are calorically (sp?) dense, and I can get fat from avocados, eggs, and meat. I also don't go out of my way to eat fat-rich meats. I don't like the taste of chicken skin, so I still buy skinless thighs (cheaper and tastier than breasts).

I also eat three products that are so non-primal on so many levels: sugar free Coffeemate, a low calorie vegan mayonnaise, and an artificial butter replacement. They represent less than 8% of my caloric intake even if I use them all in one day. I'm not going to beat myself up because I'm not a purist yet. As someone above mentioned, I'm not a six foot 20 year old male, so I know I can't eat some full fat products and lose weight.

Also, going primal is different from eating primal. Only one of the 10 basic rules deals specifically with food. #2 about avoiding poisons could also apply. Are you moving around? getting adequate sleep? lifting heavy things? I find that when I'm losing slowly it's often because I'm blowing off exercise.

Have fun on your trip!

teach2183 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cavequeen View Post
    Okay, ladies

How long do you wait when weight is not moving to make changes?

I am 43 year old woman, new to primal about 3 weeks. I have lost about 9 1/4 lbs over the last month, I was dieting before I started primal and I had a big whoosh of 2 1/2 lbs the day before I started whole 30. I am on my 14th day of whole 30. I lost another 3lbs and inches the first week of whole 30. For this second week, I haven't lost inches or any more lbs after losing fairly steady. Some of the bloating also might be part of my cycle as it is close to that time.

I have been doing some intense hour long yoga every other day but I stopped exercising as much with sprints and harder cardio because it seemed to make me snacky and once I did scale down my exercise and tighten up my diet, scale seemd to move more. I know it's fairly common for weight to plateau for a bit and then start moving again, it's happened to me in the past. But, I am starting to wonder if I need to starting charting and playing around with fat, carbs percentages. Any thoughts? Am I just be greedy and impatient?

Edited- I should also mention I am about 35 lbs from the middle of my BMI which until I can measure my BF is my tentative goal. Though a 15 lbs loss would move me from overweight to normal weight if I go by BMI. I mainly going by dropping enough weight to go off my bp meds with a normal bp though.
    Only 1 week with no loss? Be patient. I wouldn't start trying to make major changes until no loss in a month. But I'm looking at this from a lifestyle change... only lost 14.5lbs since Jan and have another 15-20 to go. If I can get there by Christmas, that would be great!