Page 121 of 183 FirstFirst ... 2171111119120121122123131171 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,210 of 1821

Thread: She-Groks Only.......... cuz it works different for us page 121

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    Wow, that's a great success story, Paleobird. Thank you so much for sharing it. You look amazing! I'm so happy for you for beating cancer, too!
    Thanks, sb.

Quote Originally Posted by Sihana View Post
    I hope I look as good as you do after 5 years of eating this way. Great job!
    Well it's really only been about 2 1/2 years. It's been five since I got the cancer then sat around getting fat with all those operations for 2 1/2 years. I was just generic "low carb for all of 2009 then found Primal in 2010.

noodletoy is offline Senior Member
    robin~ wow! thanks for posting your story. congrats on a clean bill of health and you look amazing. well done!
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

Paleobird Guest
    Thanks, noodletoy.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Sihana View Post
    O-O Even better!
    You have done some amazing work too. I hope to see your story posted someday soon.

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Argh, I can't believe it but the past couple of days I have suddenly ballooned in weight. Especially my stomach. I haven't actually weighed myself but my clothes are tight and I can see it in the mirror and my waist measurement has increased a lot. How did this happen? I wore a freakin' bikini a week ago and now this? I wouldn't be caught dead in one today for fear that Greenpeace may try to push me out to sea. Paleobird, your story inspired me. I am going to eat tiny meals from now on and hope I can turn out a normal size instead of just barely on the edge of okay. Then maybe I will have some cushioning for those unexpected times when suddenly you wake up huge. I'll do this after my vacation. Well, I guess I will sort of do this during my vacation as I'm going backpacking, but my backpacking food is pretty calorie dense.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    I can squat 180lbs, press 72.5lbs and deadlift 185lbs

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Argh, I can't believe it but the past couple of days I have suddenly ballooned in weight. Especially my stomach. I haven't actually weighed myself but my clothes are tight and I can see it in the mirror and my waist measurement has increased a lot. How did this happen? I wore a freakin' bikini a week ago and now this? I wouldn't be caught dead in one today for fear that Greenpeace may try to push me out to sea. Paleobird, your story inspired me. I am going to eat tiny meals from now on and hope I can turn out a normal size instead of just barely on the edge of okay. Then maybe I will have some cushioning for those unexpected times when suddenly you wake up huge. I'll do this after my vacation. Well, I guess I will sort of do this during my vacation as I'm going backpacking, but my backpacking food is pretty calorie dense.
    Hey - I was driving home from Redmond, Or last week and drove past a sign that said "Pacific Crest Trail" .......... I thought of you! Enjoy your vacation and all the hiking!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Paleobird Guest
    Who said I eat tiny meals? I eat huge meals, just not three times a day. Also, picking your protein can make a big difference in the size of the meal on your plate for the same # of calories. 500 calories of flanksteak is a big slab. 500 calories of fatty brisket is not.

I didn't mean to say you ate tiny meals, but you did say you practiced portion control. That's what I meant. I am not going to play with macros instead I'm going to play with portion size. And start small.

Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    Hey - I was driving home from Redmond, Or last week and drove past a sign that said "Pacific Crest Trail" .......... I thought of you! Enjoy your vacation and all the hiking!
    Wherever you saw the sign, I had to run across that road. If it was McKenzie Pass, it was a million degrees the day I walked across that road. If it was Santiam Pass, there's a cooler on the south side of the road that's full of candy bars and soda probably right this minute as we speak.

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Wherever you saw the sign, I had to run across that road. If it was McKenzie Pass, it was a million degrees the day I walked across that road. If it was Santiam Pass, there's a cooler on the south side of the road that's full of candy bars and soda probably right this minute as we speak.
    It was Santiam Pass. I was driving home on July 6th and saw the sign...... Is that where you will hiking on your vacation? You'll be about 80 miles from me. Enjoy - and be safe!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation