Page 120 of 183 FirstFirst ... 2070110118119120121122130170 ... LastLast
Results 1,191 to 1,200 of 1821

Thread: She-Groks Only.......... cuz it works different for us page 120

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Leida View Post
    I am really freaking out about going on vacations tomorrow. I have a plan, and I try to tell myself it is a good plan, but in my heart of hearts I have so little faith in my being capable of sticking to it, it is pretty sad. Last time I went to visit my mom on vacations, I stuck for good 3 or 4 days, and then lost it and binged. And without gym, I won't be able to offset bad eating and not fasting enough, I am just seeing myself gaining a huge amount of weight. I was not to the gym since Saturday too busy, too hot, too everything, and I am still eating, and even cheated. I am trying to get on track today, and do a lean day, followed by a long fast > 24 hrs while we will be travelling, but I am also afraid if I do that I will binge the moment i see food. I am also afraid i won't be able to stick to my plan as we are waiting for our first plane at 4 am, and my folks have breakfast and...

The short of it, I am freaking out. I really do not want to gain weight, but I am not really sure I have enough steel in me left to stick to proper foods and caloric ranges without my regimen and counting.
    Have fun on your vacation. Relax. A lot of times the relaxation of vacation actually boosts your progress when you come home. Just take it one day at a time, or one meal at a time or whatever.

I'm going on vacation next week. I have to drive across the desert halfway across the whole country in my truck that has no air conditioning. I'm actually a little nervous about that. I'll do the best I can food-wise. I'm going backpacking and will have lots of healthy food in my backpack plus I'll be getting plenty of exercise. On the way there and back, I'll probably just have to make the best choices I can make at diners along the way. Having a pickup truck with no camper shell and filling it with backpacking gear and other stuff means there's not a lot of room leftover for a cooler of healthy traveling food. No need to fret over that. Just do it, make the best choices I can, and move on with life.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Heaviest squat: 180 x 2. Heaviest Deadlift: 230 x 2

tomi is offline Senior Member
    I agree........... just relax and enjoy. You won't gain a ton of weight - maybe a pound or three.......... you can get those off when you get back to your normal routine. You've done great to this point! Have fun!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

Leida is offline Senior Member
    I gained 8-10 lbs when I went to visit mom for a week this spring with my wee one, and I was running and swimming and biking there daily, and I was good with food (butter tea till 2 pm, eggs and meat only and a bit of vegg in the evening) for good 4 days, but then I started eating nuts/peanuts with tea, and then ate a lot of sweets and fruit once I got back home for 2 days. I zoomed from 117 lbs to 127 lbs! And I haven't been able to go down to 120 since, sticking in 120-122 lbs.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

tomi is offline Senior Member
    I'd shave my head if it would get me to 122 pounds! Last time I saw that number on the scale I was 21 years old and putting on my wedding dress. After that............ gain, gain, gain!!!!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

Paleobird Guest
    Hello Fellow She Groks,
    In case any of you haven't been over to the MDA site today, I though I'd let you know that my "Success Story" got printed today.

Robin

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Hello Fellow She Groks,
    In case any of you haven't been over to the MDA site today, I though I'd let you know that my "Success Story" got printed today.

Robin
    Yea!

Heading over to read it...
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

paleo-bunny is offline Senior Member
    I love the photo with the dog in your success story, Paleobird. Is that your dog?

Anyway, congratulations with your success story.
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by paleo-bunny View Post
    I love the photo with the dog in your success story, Paleobird. Is that your dog?

Anyway, congratulations with your success story.
    Thanks. Yes. That is my Primal Wolf Cub. The best personal trainer in the world.

paleo-bunny is offline Senior Member
    Aww what a cutie.
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Wow, that's a great success story, Paleobird. Thank you so much for sharing it. You look amazing! I'm so happy for you for beating cancer, too!
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Heaviest squat: 180 x 2. Heaviest Deadlift: 230 x 2