Page 119 of 183 FirstFirst ... 1969109117118119120121129169 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,190 of 1821

Thread: She-Groks Only.......... cuz it works different for us page 119

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    This morning I was tired of procrastinating with pics, and voila! May I introduce you to The Skirt? I hope this photo will help me to start laughing at it. Really? All this angst about fitting into this skirt?

My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Jodis is offline Member
    What I don't like about Fitday is what you all have been mentioning. However, eventually you figure out how to find what you want. Really, you need to put in the most BASIC description you can think of, and then search in that category. Such as egg. Then try to find "scrambled or omelet" or "boiled" or "fried". Just examples. You can also "create" your own food if its a brand (with label) that you use often enough to bother. I have about 10, and they're always easily accessible under Custom Foods. You can also go back to something you ate weeks ago (via calendar, or just previous day, previous day, previous day, ad infinitum), select that, and have it put in today's food chart. So if you know that you had turkey breast sometime in the last month, all you have to do is find it. Or it might even still be in your Recent Foods, if its something you eat frequently enough.

Fitday also saves your information for practically forever, afaics. They have stuff of mine from ten years ago!

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Leida View Post
    This morning I was tired of procrastinating with pics, and voila! May I introduce you to The Skirt? I hope this photo will help me to start laughing at it. Really? All this angst about fitting into this skirt?

I think it's the tiny waist on that skirt. You can wear it and even show your bare waist in it. I would forever know that as soon as I sat down, the waist band would roll over, be permanently creased and never be 4 inches high and straight like that ever again.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Heaviest squat: 180 x 2. Heaviest Deadlift: 230 x 2

noodletoy is online now Senior Member
    whenever i track, i just enter raw foods. 2 large eggs, raw, 1 tablespoon butter, 3 oz. zucchini, raw... like that. less fitzing trying to figure out if they use as much or less butter in their sauteed vegetables and such.
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

catdance62 is offline Senior Member
    I didn't go way back in the thread to see, but does anyone here use Cronometer? That is the one I use. It has a lot of plain foods, plus you can make your own, which is particularly useful if you eat the same thing a lot

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    I just enter the raw ingredients too. Much more accurate and not really all that hard.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by catdance62 View Post
    I didn't go way back in the thread to see, but does anyone here use Cronometer? That is the one I use. It has a lot of plain foods, plus you can make your own, which is particularly useful if you eat the same thing a lot
    I use SparkPeople but I have also heard good things about Chonometer. I think, once you get "settled in " to one there is a tendency to stay put. You get all your favorites entered, etc.

One place that I've found has some good info on grass fed meat nutritional stats is Livestrong.

cavequeen is offline Senior Member
    Just want to introduce myself. I'm a 43 year old mother of three active boys, two of them teenagers. I have only recently gone primal after being LC off/on for years. I've battled weight my whole 30's and 40's. I am very motivated to stay at a healthy weight though due to high blood pressure and family history of diabetes, cancer, high blood pressure. I am looking to lose at least 19 lbs for my blood pressure but 30 lbs would be better and should be at an ideal weight for me as I was close to that a couple of years ago and loved it.

I have given up all grains, only use limited dairy (hard cheese sprinkled on a salad or veggies, greek yogurt, a bit of cream with the coconut milk in my coffee) I have some fruit either in a protein smoothie or as a snack, mostly berries if I can hide them from my kids that's always an issue. I feel great, no cravings which is amazing to me because I always have cravings especially when I diet. Rosacea clearing up which it always does when I have low carbed in the past.
    Last edited by cavequeen; 07-10-2012 at 08:30 AM.

cavequeen is offline Senior Member
    So continuing from above, I still eat some nuts which I am trying to cut back, walnuts/macademian mainly and some almond milk/butter but I at least I gave up peanut butter. I use butter, olive oil, bacon grease for my fats. Started back on coconut milk, I don't like the coconut oil just a bit too oily but I will buy some again to add to dishes sometimes.

I like yoga for toning and for helping with my blood pressure. Swimming/jogging sprints on my rebounder and walk it out on my rebounder for exercise though I need to work on making sure I do it daily. I have also had a much nicer period that I have had in years! lol That feels wierd to brag about but my blood pressure has been better, lighter flow, less cramps still the same headache though but not as severe.

Working to corporate this lifestyle in permanently and in smaller amounts my family's life. Under a lot of financial and family stress at the moment, so that's hard. I have aging parents and inlaws, one of which is dying of the last stages of cancer. I wish I had convinced all of
    Last edited by cavequeen; 07-10-2012 at 08:41 AM.

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I am really freaking out about going on vacations tomorrow. I have a plan, and I try to tell myself it is a good plan, but in my heart of hearts I have so little faith in my being capable of sticking to it, it is pretty sad. Last time I went to visit my mom on vacations, I stuck for good 3 or 4 days, and then lost it and binged. And without gym, I won't be able to offset bad eating and not fasting enough, I am just seeing myself gaining a huge amount of weight. I was not to the gym since Saturday too busy, too hot, too everything, and I am still eating, and even cheated. I am trying to get on track today, and do a lean day, followed by a long fast > 24 hrs while we will be travelling, but I am also afraid if I do that I will binge the moment i see food. I am also afraid i won't be able to stick to my plan as we are waiting for our first plane at 4 am, and my folks have breakfast and...

The short of it, I am freaking out. I really do not want to gain weight, but I am not really sure I have enough steel in me left to stick to proper foods and caloric ranges without my regimen and counting.
    Last edited by Leida; 07-11-2012 at 07:12 AM.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.