Page 118 of 183 FirstFirst ... 1868108116117118119120128168 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,180 of 1821

Thread: She-Groks Only.......... cuz it works different for us page 118

Pamsc is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by bakers3 View Post
    I can't force her to go Primal but if the only food in the house is Primal then while she is at home anyway, she will end up eating it. She skyped from Paris yesterday and was all about the baguettes and Pain aux Chocolate. Can't blame her. Lol. Since we will only be in KC for 2 weeks before we head to Oregon, I probably won't go too hard core on her. She will want to do stuff with friends and will be having her 16th birthday party, etc. I wont make her serve primal snacks and a meatloaf birthday cake to her friends...lol. Am hoping it will be a small group and we can just go somewhere for an activity and food so as not to bring anything non-primal into the house besides a cake!
    If she is a chocolate fan, make her a flourless chocolate cake:
    Ultimate Flourless Chocolate Cake Recipe | Key Ingredient

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Grok View Post
    Wow. Rosacea of the eyes sounds excruciating. Mine was facial, and it was awful. I am pale everywhere else, which just made it look worse. Taking pictures was a nightmare- I'd cover up the redness with heavy makeup, but if there was flash and I hadn't applied my "Neutralizing green" facial primer, I would look like a burn victim. I went to multiple dermatologists, and never got dietary reccs, actually. Just advice not to wear makeup.

I noticed a difference- I'd say up to 50% improvement-within a week of trying the PB. Within a month, I could wear red again. (red face+red shirt= no bueno.) It was a totally unexpected, but very welcome surprise!

I suspect that mine was triggered by undiagnosed celiac/gluten intolerance- if I have a biggish "slip-up", I will wake up the next morning with bright red nose and cheeks, and a really attractive acne break-out around my mouth. (Not to mention gastric distress: so sex-ay! Excellent incentive to behave myself.) Maybe you could get him to just ditch grains, and see if that would do it?
    I am trying to get him to try going without wheat for a month just to see what happens. He's got terrible intestinal problems in addition to his rosacea. I'm pretty sure that 90% of what ails him (and there's a LOT more that ails him) could be helped by quitting wheat.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    I can squat 180lbs, press 72.5lbs and deadlift 185lbs

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Okay, 50 Ways to Soothe Yourself Without Food is a keeper. Just the right combination of explanation and technique description and does not go into the super-yoga stuff.

I think it is going to help my over-eating problem (I am an after dinner wind-down over-eater sort of a person). I will try a couple of tricks from that book once I am back from vacations and see if I can shut down the cups of tea galore.

As far as I cam concerned, if I can do that, shut down the nightly font of tea, I am gonna be a woman without flaws, so if I don't lose fat *than* then there is really nothing at all any more that I can do that is not harmful.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

bakers3 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pamsc View Post
    If she is a chocolate fan, make her a flourless chocolate cake:
    Ultimate Flourless Chocolate Cake Recipe | Key Ingredient
    Yum! Haven't had one of those in a long time. She would love it! And I wouldn't feel too bad if I had a sliver on her birthday. Great idea! Could serve with some fresh raspberries and whipped cream.

Quote Originally Posted by lil old paleo me View Post
    No amazing metabolism here. I'm 51, post menopausal so.... I have never lost weight or kept it off for years being a slave to calorie counting. Eating totally primal is the only thing that has worked for me so far. I don't count calories at all. Snacks are protein, not carbs. Eat, eat, eat.
    Hi all, I too am struggling to actually loose weight. In fact the last week I have put two pounds back on again.The same two pounds that I lost last week.

Yesterday I ate 1576 cals accordinmg to fitday. of these cals 123.8 gms were fat ,36.9 was carbs and 93.5 was protein. the carbs went over because of an onion and leek pig out !! I went to bed stuffed and thinking I had over eaten but lots of you seem to regularly eat over 2000 cals.
    I am 59 ,post menopause but still getting hot flushes. I need to lose about ten pounds to be a realistic 147 pounds.I am 5' 4".
    I would be really interested to see what those who are losing weight are actually eating and in what amounts. Maybe I'm not eating enough. I did have to up the carbs slightly as consistantly under 20gms I was feeling definitely lack lustre and not at all bouncing with energy like some of you have reported.
    This a great thread and Ive read from the beginning and still have a way to go.
    Also, am I alone in finding that sometimes fitday isnt very accurate.?

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by iateallthepies View Post
    Also, am I alone in finding that sometimes fitday isnt very accurate.?
    Not alone at all.

You have to be fairly careful because some of the foods can be allover the map as far as accuracy, but I think you'll find that with most websites.

I use LiveStrong, and they have some foods that have a "Verified" label next to them, which I think someone on their staff actually checks against the label (you're suppoed to submit a pic of the label). But I do think having a pretty wide range for one food is pretty common, no matter which tracker you use.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

Leida is offline Senior Member
    The most notorious error I found on FitDay was that their potatoes automatically add fat to the number if they are cooked So, I generally go for the weight of the raw ingredients, it is more exact.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Quote Originally Posted by DinoHunter View Post
    Oh & Hi everyone
    Suppose I should into myself while im here.
    As mentioned above I was dionosed with a 8cm fibroid about 4 months ago wich sent me looking for natural ways of dealing with it as id rather not be sliced open like a trout which is of course what the drs tend to recomend although mine was ok with me looking into alternitives first (Or maybe its just that I dident give her the option)
    So In my searching I ran across MDA and it made sense to me.
    Ive always eaten pretty healthy compared to CW (which i never really bought into) so ditching the grains wasent that big a deal & I hardly ever did prossesed food so even less of a issue.
    Ive allways been the "solid" type(I think its generally reffered to as Amazonian LOL) so size 0 is never gonna be in my future but I have dropped a size since starting 2 months ago & lost at least 4" off my belly wich means I had to punch a couple new holes in my belt.
    Helps that Hubbys been very supportive (& Dosent hurt that hes also lost 2 sizes)
    Will be intesting to see whats changed when I go back to the dr in sept(?) to see what the situation is.
    I am doing other things to aside from the changes to diet. ie iodine protocal, acupuncture (pin guy thinks there has been some small shrinkage although its not something thats easy to gauge) & some other stuff i cant remember the names of at the moment.
    hello Dinohunter ,I just read your post with regard to fibroids. I was having terrible problems some 6 years ago. No one ever mentioned diet (do they ever ) and I eventually found out about UAE or 'Uterine artery embolisation' which is a minimally invasive procedure. it worked really well, no more fibroids but still have all the gubbins in situ. I got it done on the NHS at Norwich, not my local hospital but I just kept pushing. Local hospital wanted to do hyster. I said NO WAY.
    Anyway, just thought I'd give you the heads up in case you need the info.
    Barbara

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sihana View Post
    Quoted myself to post a link to some proof. No more yelling drill sergeants. I am a military brat, and I remember yelling was just another psychological tool used to test the stress capabilities up the soldiers. In combat, there is no time to sit down and talk calmly, everyone is going to be yelling.

I don't like the direction of this world. I want real men, not pansies!
    Hi Sihana!

I'll have to go back and read your earlier thoughts. But I read the drill sargeant article. My dad was career Army, went to Vietnam. And I like what I read in that article...

I'll tell you why: not all men are hard-wired to respond in the same way. I'll try hard to dig up the quotes, but I have read two quotes, both written by men and concerning the training of men under their command, but in two different time periods of American history. One was Revolutionary War era, and the other was a pro football coach.

Both said the same thing: some guys on the squad pretty much thrive with abuse - a bunch of yelling, some good insults, a little spitting, and they were ready to kill something. The other guys shut down in that kind of leadership environment. But when the second group was approached in a different manner, something along the line of "Benny, we really need that position to be ours. It would really help our cause if we could have that, ya' know, and you are such a big hulk and we could really use your talents here" - then they went out and performed just as well as the scream-inspired bunch in the exact same battle arena. Leadership approach was different, but results on the battlefield were the same for both groups - enemy got killed.

So, at least as far as this article and military training goes, I see no pussifying. I don't think it is pansy for a leader to tailor his leadership to the different men under him. Now, if somebody needed his hand held DURING the battle, I would agree this was not really gonna' happen - but the pieces I read didn't say that. They said the before-battle pep talk approach was different, not the battle itself.

The article also said those drill sargeants could STILL lay it on - they just had more tools in the toolkit.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hi Rita rose, I'll check that out thanks. Ive had problems with fitday. I was really annoyed when I typed in eggs and couldn't get past 'Macdonalds scrambled eggs ' ! I know they must rely on advertising to support it but its too blatent for me.
    HOWEVER when its working it does allow you to keep a track on things.
    Barbara