Page 116 of 183 FirstFirst ... 1666106114115116117118126166 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,160 of 1821

Thread: She-Groks Only.......... cuz it works different for us page 116

Lady Grok is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedidoc View Post
    Bakers3 - while my scale doesn't move very quickly, my clothes fit looser and I see a change in how my body looks. You might want to do some measurements of key areas. It seems we women see the inches change before the pounds.
    Amen. I don't think anyone has ever regretted taking measurements!
    With Mark's help, I've conquered depression, acne, rosacea, scale obsession, migraines, and lethargy. Who knows what tomorrow will bring?

http://www.theladygrok.blogspot.com/

My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread8215.html

Pedidoc is offline Senior Member
    Thanks Lady Grok! Love your blog by the way, it's the high point of my day when you have a new post.
    Female 53
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Leida is offline Senior Member
    I knew I forgot to do something this weekend. Measurements. Duh.

I started adding beans in my diet, and so far it has been a good choice. Better than potatoes imo, sweet or white.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Rasputina is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Leida View Post
    I knew I forgot to do something this weekend. Measurements. Duh.

I started adding beans in my diet, and so far it has been a good choice. Better than potatoes imo, sweet or white.
    Do beans give you any tummy distress? Do you soak them first? I love chickpeas and make my own hummus, but it gives me a gassy stomach.

bakers3 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedidoc View Post
    Thanks Lady Grok! Love your blog by the way, it's the high point of my day when you have a new post.
    Just visited last night and loved your blog too! Bookmarked it so I can go back!

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinup View Post
    I am glad you both agree with me that the number may depend on what you're eating, but it still comes down to calories ingested vs calories expended. I appreciate the support.
    Are you sure? I've been totally overeating lately. I mean eating until I'm full and eating at least 3 meals a day whether I'm hungry or not. And eating half bars of chocolate, not just a square or two, and not dark chocolate either. And ice cream once. And sometimes three glasses of wine, and not always red wine, either. And I've gone out to eat and eaten way more than I should. And I've taken seconds even though I'm stuffed. And half cans of coconut cream (not milk) in a smoothie. And nuts and cheese before dinner even. I've done this for weeks. My clothes feel looser than ever and I'm down about 2 or 3 pounds.

Could be the sprinting. It doesn't burn a lot of calories but it definitely does something to you on the inside.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 175 x 3. Current Deadlift: 225 x 3

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Do beans give you any tummy distress? Do you soak them first? I love chickpeas and make my own hummus, but it gives me a gassy stomach.
    No more than veggies do, and at max quantity of 1/2 cup a day I noticed no problems (I am still aiming to stay under 60 g carbs for 4-5 days a week). I use canned beans, washed off the solution, because when they can the beans, they submit them to thermal treatment that >> soaking overnight stuff, in regards to the phyto-things.

@sbhikes.

I did a controlled overfeeding this weekend on Saturday, using 4 hour body as a model: having non junk breakfast. Having lime juice before the first 'junk meal' (I had home-made ice-cream and 3 chocolate candies) and lots of fruits, plus I had fermented food. The over-feeding went exactly as the guy predicted, down to fast evacuation of bowels (I know, you are all excited to hear that detail, but I was just surprised how exact the guy was!) and I was the same weight next day after eating all the sweets and fruit. I am a bit heavier 3 days down the road after eating clean foods for 2 days without tracking but tacking care to get hungry and not eat to complete satiation, but to be honest, I think I just hit my maintenance, and not going to drop anything any more anyway unless I start seriously starving myself. All and all, that was the least eventful over-feed I have ever done.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

bakers3 is offline Member
    Patience paid off. And very likely ditching the jerky. 3 pounds down in the last couple days. I had the munchies last night and had some almond butter in the frig. I took 2 TBS of it and stirred it up with 1 TBS of softened Kerrygold....got to balance those Omegas, ya know...lol. Added a teeny sprinkle of stevia and stirred like crazy. OMG...a delicious treat that helped boost my calories up too. Despite my coconut oil/coffee, and stuffing myself on steak and kale for lunch and dinner I was only at 1000 calories for the day.

Lady Grok is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bakers3 View Post
    Just visited last night and loved your blog too! Bookmarked it so I can go back!
    Oh wow- thanks so much! I am really enjoying getting back into writing, and it really does keep me accountable. Glad other people are enjoying it.
    With Mark's help, I've conquered depression, acne, rosacea, scale obsession, migraines, and lethargy. Who knows what tomorrow will bring?

http://www.theladygrok.blogspot.com/

My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread8215.html

Rasputina is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Grok View Post
    Oh wow- thanks so much! I am really enjoying getting back into writing, and it really does keep me accountable. Glad other people are enjoying it.
    I just checked out your blog, too. Very funny stuff!