Page 115 of 183 FirstFirst ... 1565105113114115116117125165 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,150 of 1821

Thread: She-Groks Only.......... cuz it works different for us page 115

bakers3 is offline Member
    Just checked out Cronometer. Very excited they have an app....went ahead and bought it because I am more likely to track if I can use my computer OR my iPad. Input my coffee and coconut oil for today and will guesstimate on my current casserole. Will input the next recipe I make as I go. I hate having to spend the time to do this when in the past, I never needed to hassle with it but if nothing else, I will really be able to see my ratios and calories. I won't be doing it forever though...I really hate micromanaging my food and diet. Hopefully, I can use it for a couple of weeks and then just as a tool if I start having problems again.

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    I'm not a fan of tracking over the long haul, but I think it's a really great tool when you're just starting out or stuck in a slump. Sometimes it can really be helpful in finding some food that has an insane amount of something you thought was fine.

It's also great for looking back and seeing what DOES work. Memory isn't so good for that.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

noodletoy is offline Senior Member
    fatsecret is pretty user-friendly too.
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

Paleofan is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinup View Post
    Well, you say what youre doing isnt working.
    As far as starvation mode, consuming fewer calories that you burn is the only way to lose weight, and it doesnt matter whether youre 400 lbs or 100 lbs.
    Disagree. It's not that simple.

But....but...I want it to be simple and effortless! A big wad of free money would be nice too. And world peace.

noodletoy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinup View Post
    Except it is. Your diet may increase or decrease what [eta: numberwise] your body is able to use efficiently, but it still comes down to expending more energy than you consume.
    no... it's not so simple as calories in-calories out. i hit my 40s and no end of cw on weight loss would move my weight -- including my old timey pals of fasting and starving. i needed to go low-carb to lose weight, and tracking software is a boon for this.
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

teach2183 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by noodletoy View Post
    no... it's not so simple as calories in-calories out. i hit my 40s and no end of cw on weight loss would move my weight -- including my old timey pals of fasting and starving. i needed to go low-carb to lose weight, and tracking software is a boon for this.
    I agree as well. I can gain weight eating 1000-1200cal/day but lose eating 1500+. There is a lower threshhold for when your body stops losing.

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bakers3 View Post
    Frustration post! I know my main goal is health but with 100 pounds to lose I would be lying if I said I don't want to lose this weight at a fairly good pace. My knees can't handle much movement until I lose a good chunk so it's an important piece of the puzzle!! I lost 7 pounds in the first week. During TOM no less. Water I know, but in the last whole week....nothing! Literally not an ounce.
    <snip>

Now that I am done complaining what do you guys suggest:

A just be patient and ignore the scale
    B eat earlier in the day even if I am not hungry
    C lose some of the sodium
    D fill in your own ideas

I would appreciate your input and suggestions! Thank you so much!

Keri
    I would do A and B.

For B I would eat a high protein, super low carb breakfast first thing. It doesn't have to be as huge as Jack Kruse would say. But the breakfast will do something with circadian rhythms. It's worth a try, especially if you have satiety signal issues or eat late at night.

For C I would get lots of sodium in the form of sea salt. Don't let food manufacturers add sodium to your food if possible. (i.e. bacon) Choose regular meats and skip the bacon and sausage, but load up on sodium or else on a low carb diet you'll feel like you're dying.

I would also:
    - Always go to bed early like 9pm or 10 at the latest
    - Do some kind of exercise even if it only involves your arms

I did not lose any weight for the first 5 weeks. I think my body had to heal first or get used to low carb or something. Back then, Kurt Harris still recommended meat only for truly stubborn cases or going as long as possible with just heavy whipping cream for calories before your first meal. You could try that as well. But I think you are sort of early for trying lots of things. One week of no weight loss means really not much at all.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    I can squat 180lbs, press 72.5lbs and deadlift 185lbs

I did track my food yesterday and it was a very good representation of the last several days. I am for sure VLC, high protien and even higher fat. Very low on calories, and abofreakinglutely over the top on sodium from beef jerky. No more chewy salty goodnesss! I'll stick with my sea salt!

I am sleeping pretty well but on a later schedule (12-9 ish) since my job is over for the school year. I am spending at least 3 hours a day heavy duty cleaning and/ or sorting, packing, lifting and carrying boxes and heavy tubs to my garage and lots of stairs are involved. I am counting it as my exercise for now.

I will try the breakfast next week if thing dont start moving. Honestly, it's not that I am trying to fast. I am just not hungry and the coconut oil keeps me quite satisfied for hours. Going to keep tracking, ditch the jerky, and above all, be PATIENT. "They" say it's a virtue.

Tonight I am cooking the 2+ pound grass fed sirloin I splurged on at the farmers market. I am ridiculously excited!! Veg will be an artichoke with melted kerrygold and some steamed kale. And maybe I am weird but cold leftover steak is one of my favorite snacks so it won't be too hard to ditch the jerky!

Thanks for all the advice. I know this work for me because I have done it before. I really should throw away the damn scale and just focus on how I feel but I am not quite able to go there.

Pedidoc is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Bakers3 - while my scale doesn't move very quickly, my clothes fit looser and I see a change in how my body looks. You might want to do some measurements of key areas. It seems we women see the inches change before the pounds.