Page 112 of 183 FirstFirst ... 1262102110111112113114122162 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,120 of 1821

Thread: She-Groks Only.......... cuz it works different for us page 112

KimT is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Thanks KerryK! He's the best dog and I was feeling so guilty last night I sat and cried while holding his paw. What a sap.

Yeah, the yogurt was hubby's idea. It was one of the self serve places that you can add your own toppings. Let me say DANGEROUS!!! I didn't overdo it and I actually didn't even finish all of mine, my husband did. Guess I'll chalk that up as a win.

I see you're in NY, so I'm sure it's hot. I'd avoid the kitchen too! Seems like everywhere is having a heat wave. My family is in PA and mom said it was 98 today. I head back Tuesday for a visit and I'm afraid I've adjusted to the CA weather and I'm going to melt in the heat and humidity! Don't think about ice cream too much!

KerryK is offline Senior Member
    OMGosh, these bear pictures are FABULOUS. Thank you. And thank you for the link, I'm enjoying your photos immensely.
    Last edited by KerryK; 06-28-2012 at 08:20 PM.

Urban Forager is online now Senior Member
    sbhikes, I have to say I am so impressed with your hiking! What an experience! I love the pictures.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Sihana View Post
    Before we completely leave the subject of clothes, what brands besides Columbia & Carhartt make outdoorsy-type clothing? I can start buying my final-sized shirts, and am trying to get used to all these possible name brands. :S
    I got almost all my gear for Kilimangaro at REI.com

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by KerryK View Post
    OMGosh, these bear pictures are FABULOUS. Thank you. And thank you for the link, I'm enjoying your photos immensely.
    Cute teddy bears............not. I saw a grizzly up close in yellowstone but I was too busy clamping my hand around my dog's muzzle to get a picture. Not sure if my dog would be stupid enough to take on a grizzly but I didn't want to find out.

tomi is online now Senior Member
    Me too -- give it up, girl!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:
    Highest weight: 216
    Current weight: 189 (7-16-14)
    Goal weight: 140

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Sihana View Post
    I assume the clothes held up well? Will be going to the local REI soon to see what they got.
    They have very high quality standards and they stand behind their stuff too. They will take something back with no fuss if there is a problem.
    For Kili I had to gear up for blazing hot savannah, rain forrest, then freezing cold summit as you go up in altitude. REI had everything I needed.

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Wanted to pop in and share an embarrassing moment which had me laughing. My 9 yr old and I are trying to do at least 1-2 hours a day slow moving together. We took our bikes to a trail in blue mountain that was graded 'easy' on a biking website and OMG, it was a mountain trail.
    Yeah, i am not even going to try mountain biking. Heck, I don't even like regural biking! But I got in-line skates just before I injured my toe a few weeks back, and now the toe is healed, AND my 5.5 yo came back from school raving about trying in-line skating as a part of their school gym, so we are buying her skates tomorrow, and going to the park to learn together. She thinks she is going to teach me. I just hope to remember that I can't push off the toe the way I do on normal skates (figure skates). Oh, well, we'll pack in-laws and a picnic, and who knows....
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    Grizzly != black bear. I saw no grizzlies the entire trip.

As for clothes that hold up well, I still wear a lot of the clothes I wore on the Pacific Crest Trail, although they are somewhat stained. Brands I like:
    Columbia
    Ex-officio
    Patagonia
    Rail Riders
    Champion
    Anything from a thrift store!

Many clothes sold are made by the same factories and then they just put a label on them. I realized this when I saw my Patagonia pants in something like a J Jill catalog with the J Jill name. Exact same pants and unusual enough that there's no way they could have been knock-offs. So you have to look for the special fancy fabrics if you want honest-to-goodness fancy-schmancy stuff. Like the Dry-fli-light fabric or however Ex-officio spells that, although that fabric tears easily.

I find good enough stuff at outlets and places like Sports Authority, but the REI return policy is nice.

Don't be afraid to try on the men's stuff, too. I find I fit men's pants better than women's ones. They seem to want to cut women's sports clothing in fashion cuts rather than in cuts that let your body move and give you good pockets. I like pants I can step over logs in and carry stuff in the pockets without losing things on the trail.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 170 x 3. Current Deadlift: 220 x 3

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    Don't be afraid to try on the men's stuff, too. I find I fit men's pants better than women's ones. They seem to want to cut women's sports clothing in fashion cuts rather than in cuts that let your body move and give you good pockets. I like pants I can step over logs in and carry stuff in the pockets without losing things on the trail.
    Seriously on the men's stuff thing.

Maybe it's because I buy specialty fishing gear/clothing because I kayak and ocean flats fish here in FL which for me means full coverage clothing (honestly for most reasonable anglers/guides it means full coverage clothing).
    The ultra-light, high SPF, pants and shirts made for women just do not match up!
    They seem to be made more for fashion than actual utility.
    So... I shop in the men's section.
    I really don't care if they don't outline my tush perfectly while landing Reds either...
    (Well... when I fished... haven't been to the coast in a while due to circumstances.)
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.