Page 105 of 183 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105106107115155 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,050 of 1821

Thread: She-Groks Only.......... cuz it works different for us page 105

bakers3 is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    Well said Judg. I might share parts of your wonderful post with my 15 year old daughter!

Question for you guys. I just got my labs back and am very low on my D. I know what I want to take in terms of supplements for now. I hope to not use all of this for long but until I have been primal long enough to be healthy via nutrition only I want to boost things a bit. My confusion come with timing and ratios.

Does anyone see any glaring issues with the following:

AM: multi, 1000 D, fish oil, 500 magnesium, 1,000 calcium, probiotics

PM (with dinner) repeat same (multi is a split dose 4 needed per day, so 2 at each time)

Right before bed: thyroid meds. This keeps them from interacting with my morning coffee and supplements.

Thanks!

Keri

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    1000 IU is probably not enough to boost vitamin D levels unless you are spending a decent amount of time outdoors as well. How low is "very low"? I would start at 5000-10000 IU daily for a month, then start to reduce, retest in 3 mos.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

KerryK is offline Senior Member
    Judg, so nice to read your contentment.

But I'm still on the beginning of the path and sbhikes echoes my frustration and angst. I know I'm doing well in my eating (not enough exercise still, I admit that) and now it's *40 lbs* lost, but I look almost exactly the same. I fit into a pair of pants I haven't fit into for several years, but I'm still wearing mostly all my old large clothes of 40 lbs ago. My husband says he can't tell yet that I've lost any weight. I look in the mirror at my huge belly and feel like filling a ziplock with ice and placing it on my belly in desperation. I knw how you feel, sbhikes. Though I'm enormous and not fit, and you look great and fit, I understand how frustrated you are knowing what you could be, what you should be, and aren't yet. Sometimes I wonder if I'll ever be slim. Other times I feel I'll finally get close. It doesn't matter if it's 5 lbs or 50 lbs, 1 inch or 10 inches, frustration and confusion is the same for both.

Leida is offline Senior Member
    KerryK, I think you might need to have a shopping trip for new clothes. Seriously. you are not seeing the changes exactly because you are wearing what you were wearing back then, they mask your progress. I never realized it until I was chatting with a gal in my office in front of the mirror about how uncomfortable I feel in my pants, and she looked at me like I was crazy and said: "Yeah, if you keep wearing pants two sizes too large..." She was right. They didn't seem to fit any differently, but they slipped down lower, and were sagging around the bum and thighs making me look like I was still 10 lbs heavier.

You don't need anything brand new. Just visit the second-hand and try a few things without looking at sizes. You might find a winning number! Or just dig in your closet. You never know what's hiding in the back of the rack...
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

noodletoy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KerryK View Post
    I know I'm doing well in my eating (not enough exercise still, I admit that) and now it's *40 lbs* lost, but I look almost exactly the same. I fit into a pair of pants I haven't fit into for several years, but I'm still wearing mostly all my old large clothes of 40 lbs ago.
    OMG!! buy some new clothes. even if it's through goodwill or consignment shops. you can buy pants for $5-$10 and you will look so much smaller and feel better about how you look. you are hiding in your old big clothes. c'mon out!

don't wait til you're at goal to do this. what else do you spend $5 on everyday, ya know? treat yourself to some new tops and jeans. seriously.
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    1000 IU is probably not enough to boost vitamin D levels unless you are spending a decent amount of time outdoors as well. How low is "very low"? I would start at 5000-10000 IU daily for a month, then start to reduce, retest in 3 mos.
    I am at 15. My doctor recommended 2000 for a month then down to 1000 so I was going to take 1000 in the morning and 1000 in the evening. I am very comfortable doubling or tripling that though as I believe the RDA is really low so 2000 doesnt seem like much. Here is here I get confused tough. Do I need to adjust calcium or anything else to create an specific ratio or just make sure I am getting some calcium? Thanks!!

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    I think the problem for me is that as I shrink all the proportions stay the same and all the bulges stay in the same place. They just get smaller. I swear I get shorter, too. Obviously that last one isn't true, but I do feel more like an incredibly shrinking woman than an incredibly slenderizing woman.

The body dismorphic thing is such a bugaboo. When I was gaining I would try to see if any part of me still looked okay. While I was gaining, I could fool myself pretty well that everything was still okay. Up to a point anyway. As I was losing it pleased me to see it come off. But now that I'm at some kind of stable weight, my mind sees me getting fat when maybe it's not really happening. My pants today feel looser than ever but the image in the mirror looks fatter than ever. Argh. Turn it off!
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 180 x 2. Current Deadlift: 230 x 2

Hang in there KerryK. I have totally been in your shoes. I agree with everyone else. Go get a few new things in a smaller size. You dont need a lot because soon you will need an even smaller size! Thrift store or just cheaper new stuff. You will feel better and I am willing to bet you will see a difference!

noodletoy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bakers3 View Post
    I am at 15. My doctor recommended 2000 for a month then down to 1000 so I was going to take 1000 in the morning and 1000 in the evening. I am very comfortable doubling or tripling that though as I believe the RDA is really low so 2000 doesnt seem like much. Here is here I get confused tough. Do I need to adjust calcium or anything else to create an specific ratio or just make sure I am getting some calcium? Thanks!!
    you're super low. unless you are outdoors several hours per day,i'd start at 10,000 per day.

my only supplements are vit d and magnesium. i seem to get enough of about everything else so don't worry about it. enter your meals into something like cronometer or nutritiondata and see how your micros come up.
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

KerryK is offline Senior Member
    Everyone... I have bins from size 18 down to size 6 (only one of those). My friend and I get gorgeous clothes at Greenwich and Westport CT tag sales. I can't WAIT to fit into them. I do admit the size 18s are snug but mostly wearable... Maybe another week before they're comfy. But I have been so unhappy that my 22s still fit. You're right they're looser now which gives me comfort. I shouldn't complain, I know... it's probably healthy to shrink all over imperceptibly instead of in spot areas... it's just so subtle.

Speaking of which, I hope I can mail a few choice size 20s & 22s to someone who's also transitioning like I am (in a month or so). For instance, I recently got an EXPENSIVE leather coat for fall for $5 which I hope will be too big by then. Fingers crossed. I guess I should start a new thread when I'm ready?

Oh and thank you guys. Sometimes words of encouragement are sorely needed and I'm not getting them at home yet