Thread: HAPPY post! page

Tara tootie is offline Senior Member

Shop Now

Okay, here is a quick review of my story:

-Was very fit until age 17. Muscular, toned, healthy, even had a 6 pack!

-Gained 30 lbs from 17 to 23. Sucky.

-Started a PB diet in Jan 2009. Dont workout yet (coming soon!!!). I take the stairs and tighten the abs a lot, but not anything else.

-Now, getting compliments that I look like I have lost weight from friends and fam.

-STep on scale, have lost 10 lbs! Woot!

I know its not a lot compared to someone who has lost a whole person, but... no working out, still do some dairy, lost weight AND feel great and have awesome willpower?!?!?!

HECK YES!

I expect that with the changes being put into place in the next couple weeks Ill lose more, a lot faster. I plan on going raw veg only, down the animal protein but supplement with whey (too long to explain, I just feel trapped eating so much meat in the summer!). Its an experiment. Still low carb, high fat, mod protein just a different source. AND including 20 min daily workouts and a couple heavier ones a week. Lifting if possible, but I am moving soon so maybe that will count for a couple, no?

Okay, just waned to share. The 10 lb thing has me REALLY happy!

Go grok!

Life on Earth may be punishing, but it includes an annual free trip around the sun!

Anonymous Guest

Congrats!

Mark Sisson is offline Administrator

Congratulations, Tara Tootie. Stick with it and you'll see even more progress. Thanks for being a regular forum commenter. Your posts are always appreciated. Cheers!

DiabetesCanKissMyButt is offline Senior Member

Yeah baby!

Tara tootie is offline Senior Member

Thanks! When I am looking goooood Ill post a before/after pic too. Maybe. Lol.

Life on Earth may be punishing, but it includes an annual free trip around the sun!

Rose is offline Member

Great. I love seeing the before and after pics. Best motivation out there. Good on you Tara tootie!

brahnamin is offline Senior Member

It took me a year and a half to build up the courage to put my before pictures up on my blog. I plan to update every three months, but it's going to be a lonnnng time before one looks like an actual *after* picture.

B&A pics are inspirational, though, and I want to be sure I have my own set when it's all over but the maintaining.

So, even if you aren't posting them, take them!

Jewelz Guest

go girl! any self improvement large or small is awesome!! keep up the good work, and like Mark said, your posts are very encouraging! so thank you from another female who has overcome the struggle to get healthy!

marci Guest

tara, please post pix - there are not enough female success visuals on MDA.I'd post mine but I'm still waiting for the weight loss to happen. when it does I will share but in the meantime it's your turn!