Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Was Grok being stupid, or was he that smart? page 3

thanatos is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    But respect goes both ways...your post informed us that our opinions were all wrong and only yours was right..."you may not believe it but it's true"

You need to give respect to get some

alg2435 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by thanatos View Post
    But respect goes both ways...your post informed us that our opinions were all wrong and only yours was right..."you may not believe it but it's true"

You need to give respect to get some
    Then none of us would ever state our opinions if that's what respect is. What I mean by 'disrespect' is that people were acting a little, erm, uncivilized by using the words 'idiot' and something to the effect of 'monkey-brains'...

Nekron is offline Senior Member
    Your monkeybrain apparently has a strange view of the word "uncivilised".
    Its uncivilised to say "im right, you dont know but i am" based on retarded stories, me noticing your monkeybrain on the other hand is a simple observation based on the facts given by said posts.

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    To be honest, ALL of these posts were disrespectful, assuming the other person is a moron. You can't just throw in something equivalent to "You guys are all wrong and I'm unquestionably right" without expecting an argument, then get upset when people get annoyed. But I would hope there would be a better argument than "idiot", "monkey form" brain, "monkeybrain" and "restarded". Seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by alg2435 View Post
    Ummm God created us as we are now. Intelligent and masters of our world. I can't force you to believe it too, but it's the truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by catherine p. View Post
    The curious man is asking question
    The scientist is looking for answers
    The idiot thinks he already has the truth.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Nekron View Post
    Isnt this perfect proof for the theory of evolution? I mean the brain of this person is obviously still in its original monkeyform.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nekron View Post
    Your monkeybrain apparently has a strange view of the word "uncivilised".
    Its uncivilised to say "im right, you dont know but i am" based on retarded stories, me noticing your monkeybrain on the other hand is a simple observation based on the facts given by said posts.
    And I'm saying this as a Christian, though maybe not the best example of one you could find. And yes, I'm a Christian that believes evolution is most likely true, though I still weigh evidence constantly, just like I do with everything else in life. Guess that makes me a freak all around.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

alg2435 is offline Senior Member
    RitaRose: So true. I'm very sorry if what I said was offensive to any of you...should have thought over my word choices a little bit longer.

Please, continue with the intended discussion! It's a really interesting thread.

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cwhitson View Post
    The narrator expounded that humans were the first animals that did not run away from (and fear) fire.
    This is total and complete BS. I've walked through many forest fires and you know what? Animals run TOWARD the fire. Birds will be sitting in the trees like normal. Bears will come running in from all directions. Everybody's looking for the food that a fire brings forth. The pinyon pines explode from their pine cones. Little animals can't outrun the flames so birds of prey get easy meals. Insects have lost their homes and shelter and are easy pickings for other birds and animals. A forest fire is a feast for the forest animals, the ones that don't get burned up anyway. I'm betting that it was humans that learned from the other animals, being fairly stupid without cultural transmission of information, not the other way around as this stupid documentary suggests.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Highest squat: 167.5 x 2. Current Deadlift: 190 x 3

catherine p. is offline Junior Member
    My point was not to be disrespectful but rather to express that there is no possible debate if someone says they already know the truth. And perhaps it is a little dumb to waste your time arguing with lesser beings that do not possess the truth ...

caeliumspecto is offline Junior Member
    I agree with RitaRose on this one. As Carl Sagan so astutely put it, "The solution to a fallacious argument is a better argument, not the suppression of ideas." (<-- That's paraphrased, I didn't want to look up the exact quote.)

But basically, don't assume someone is an idiot just because they believe one way or the other. I was Christian most of my life. While I feel there is compelling evidence against it, I don't think becoming an atheist transformed me from a stupid person into an enlightened person. If anything, I just now have exactly one less flawed belief (assuming I didn't gain one.) The point is, everyone has something they believe in which is blatantly wrong. So don't judge lest ye be judged, yada yada yada.
    Call me cael if caeliumspecto is just too long.

Also, though I would never say anything I thought would hurt someone, I am not a health expert.

Misabi is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Gager View Post
    id say fire really did little for the survival of mankind, we just learned to use it in our adaptation/evolution
    I'm just reading "catching fire" which takes the contrary view that the fact that our ancestors learned to use fire to cook food lead to giant leaps in evolution leading to modern mankind. Namely in the way that cooking food makes more easily digested, meaning they needed to spend a lot less time and energy grazing on hard to digest vegetation for more nutrition and also causing increases in brain size due to extra energy being available for brain development instead of being used for digestion of veg matter.

Also has interesting ideas on the advent of cooking being the basis of pair matching and emotional attachment between man and woman.
    Basic premise being that once they started cooking those who cooked were at risk of having their food stolen by stronger others, so alliances formed and males protected females who in return would cook food for them, etc.
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

sroelofs is offline Senior Member
    Aboriginals in Australia used to use fire to hunt. Start the fire and get the animals running from it. They used the technique so much that some theories posit that it's why most of Australia is a desert with no vegetation. Not sure how true that is.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast