Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Was Grok being stupid, or was he that smart? page 2

Nekron is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by alg2435 View Post
    Ummm God created us as we are now. Intelligent and masters of our world. I can't force you to believe it too, but it's the truth.
    Isnt this perfect proof for the theory of evolution? I mean the brain of this person is obviously still in its original monkeyform.

alg2435 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nekron View Post
    Isnt this perfect proof for the theory of evolution? I mean the brain of this person is obviously still in its original monkeyform.
    Aww you guys are so sweet.

thanatos is offline Senior Member
    One of the first ways man would have cottoned on to the benefits of fire is from the results of a bushfire. If you stand near the front of one that's coming you can kill all sorts of things running from it. Secondly if you walk around after the fire you can pick up all sorts of cooked/roasted creatures and amazingly the flesh falls of them much easier and is easier to eat.

Wouldn't be too much of a stretch to throw some of the freshly caught animals onto still smoldering coals to soften them up a bit too.

As to avoiding being killed by bushfire. Have you ever noticed how when animals run away when frightened they always run directly away in the same direction you are going. This puts the greatest distance between them and you which in case you are intending to throw something at them increases their chances greatly.

I suspect humans were smart enough to realize that that strategy may not be the most effective to avoid a bushfire which will eventually catch up with you again if you keep traveling in the direction it is going. We're smart enough to escape across the face of the fire to get out of it's path or find water to jump into. Which makes it not as scary as it would for animals.
    Last edited by thanatos; 12-07-2011 at 11:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cwhitson View Post
    You are a bit misguided in your representation of what God may or may not have created. Assuming your theory, all humans, at birth, would have the ability to understand applied physics, perform advanced mathematical calculations without a computer, and win a NASCAR race. If your theory were true, everything that man has created would have been invented at the exact same time, without a gradual learning curve.

You know more today than you did a year ago (I hope). So it is quite comprehensible to believe that humans, over time, gradually learned more and more as well. Please provide evidence and an open mind in any further posts. This is a serious discussion about the human nature at the time fire was found by our ancestors.
    You are so correct. Humans have built knowledge upon knowledge, and discovery upon discovery (and that's pretty cool). I'm just saying that we were never 'dumb animals'.

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    alg2435, I'm impressed by your forwardness and the fact you have a level enough head to stick around. You knew when you posted about God you'd be harassed, and that's always confounded me. Will God reward us for intentionally mentioning him in places where the persecution comes easy? But I do believe God made the world, I just don't see why we can't all be right at the same time. God made the original animals, then they adapted with the changing earth. As for Man, we know we are inbred so we did change after the flood, and who did Cain and Abel marry? Something related?

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    Tremendous worms of a swarthy nature pursue me across the sandy blank sky. I stop to think. What the devil AM I up to?!

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

NorthernMonkeyGirl is offline Senior Member
    *avoiding Creation/Evolution argument subtly*

You only have to look at kids playing with matches, and at how campfires entrance us now to see some kind of curiosity/fascination there.
    They say that young men are the most likely to die accidentally because they hit that risk taking, discovery making stage. If it works, wooo we get fire, and a new continent to explore - or more likely now a skydiving trip or a new invention. If it doesn't work, well we get in a right bloody mess....

So, smart and stupid have as thin a dividing line as madness and genius...

Mike Gager is offline Senior Member
    think about it though, humans are the only "animal" that uses fire, however we arent the only animal that has been around for millions of years. id say fire really did little for the survival of mankind, we just learned to use it in our adaptation/evolution
    Primal Chaos
    37yo 6'5"
    6-19-2011 393lbs 60" waist
    current 338lbs 49" waist
    goal 240lbs 35" waist

Mike Gager is offline Senior Member
    and like john, id still like to know which god you guys are speaking of specifically?
    Primal Chaos
    37yo 6'5"
    6-19-2011 393lbs 60" waist
    current 338lbs 49" waist
    goal 240lbs 35" waist

NorthernMonkeyGirl is offline Senior Member
    Perhaps we are the only ones able to create and control fire, rather than opportunistically "use" it.... I'm sure scavengers have a feast after a bush fire...

Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    alg2435, I'm impressed by your forwardness and the fact you have a level enough head to stick around. You knew when you posted about God you'd be harassed, and that's always confounded me. Will God reward us for intentionally mentioning him in places where the persecution comes easy? But I do believe God made the world, I just don't see why we can't all be right at the same time. God made the original animals, then they adapted with the changing earth. As for Man, we know we are inbred so we did change after the flood, and who did Cain and Abel marry? Something related?
    And I doubt I'll do it again. I knew there would definitely be conflicting ideas, but I was still a little surprised at the lack of respect. Oh well. After the initial shock, I had a good laugh. Anyways, I'm not looking for a reward from God, just stating my thoughts in a forum that was made for sharing thoughts and for helping each other out.

I think our bodies were made with the amazing ability to adapt. I mean, look at what people are eating these days, and still looking and feeling healthy! For example, Mark's recent posts about marathon training, and what you can do to make your body functions work together to momentarily 'adapt'.
    Last edited by alg2435; 12-07-2011 at 11:40 AM. Reason: wrong wording

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast