Limited Time: Grab your FREE Box of Dark Chocolate Almond Bars Get Yours>>Close
Open
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: eggs ... anyone else do this?

Shop Now
    My eggs cost a small fortune! No way I would throw anything out. I had to buy some Trader Joes eggs when I run out of my pastured eggs. The ones I got had really thin shells. I dropped one accidentally and it still did not go into the trash, I called my trusty floor cleaner to the rescue. I will say, when one feeds a bearded dog a raw egg one should be prepared to wash his face afterward. He had bits of shell and yoke all over his little schnauzer face. I did not stop for a photo. I took him straight to the hand held sprayer in the utility tub.

Nothing goes to waste here!

If I did happen to have a bunch of unwanted egg white on hand, I would make meringue cookies or an angel food cake, using the appropriate flour of course.

Quote Originally Posted by AllieBird View Post
    I have trouble eating the yolks! I know they're the best part but I have to force 'em down. No problem hardboiled- but runny or hard on a fried egg grosses me out.
    I used to feel that way. I always scrambled my eggs. For some reason lately I've become a total over easy convert. I love the runny yolks on my bacon for my weekend breakfasts. I wish I had time to cook them that way every morning!

i loooooooooove warm, runny, barely cooked yolks. i cut the whites away and eat those first too, they're almost too rubbery to like now. then carefully scoop yolk on fork, put in mouth, bite down and all of a sudden my mouth tastes delicious
    beautiful
    yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
    lol

Can you use the whites as food wrappers or crepes?

i'd always thought about doing that! I go through phases where the whites gross me out

Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by AllieBird View Post
    I have trouble eating the yolks! I know they're the best part but I have to force 'em down. No problem hardboiled- but runny or hard on a fried egg grosses me out.
    I used to be quite the opposite before going primal...The cooked egg whites would make me GAG. Now, I eat em any way possible:-)