Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: eggs ... anyone else do this? page 2

Snauzoo is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    My eggs cost a small fortune! No way I would throw anything out. I had to buy some Trader Joes eggs when I run out of my pastured eggs. The ones I got had really thin shells. I dropped one accidentally and it still did not go into the trash, I called my trusty floor cleaner to the rescue. I will say, when one feeds a bearded dog a raw egg one should be prepared to wash his face afterward. He had bits of shell and yoke all over his little schnauzer face. I did not stop for a photo. I took him straight to the hand held sprayer in the utility tub.

Nothing goes to waste here!

If I did happen to have a bunch of unwanted egg white on hand, I would make meringue cookies or an angel food cake, using the appropriate flour of course.

DaisyEater is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AllieBird View Post
    I have trouble eating the yolks! I know they're the best part but I have to force 'em down. No problem hardboiled- but runny or hard on a fried egg grosses me out.
    I used to feel that way. I always scrambled my eggs. For some reason lately I've become a total over easy convert. I love the runny yolks on my bacon for my weekend breakfasts. I wish I had time to cook them that way every morning!

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    i loooooooooove warm, runny, barely cooked yolks. i cut the whites away and eat those first too, they're almost too rubbery to like now. then carefully scoop yolk on fork, put in mouth, bite down and all of a sudden my mouth tastes delicious
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

Can you use the whites as food wrappers or crepes?

JennaRose is offline Senior Member
    i'd always thought about doing that! I go through phases where the whites gross me out

SoccerGrok is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AllieBird View Post
    I have trouble eating the yolks! I know they're the best part but I have to force 'em down. No problem hardboiled- but runny or hard on a fried egg grosses me out.
    I used to be quite the opposite before going primal...The cooked egg whites would make me GAG. Now, I eat em any way possible:-)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12