Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: Coffee Smoothies page

  1. #1
    Primal Toad's Avatar
    Primal Toad is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    1,983

    Coffee Smoothies

    I have a number of different coffee smoothies to reveal to you all...

    I don't drink coffee on a regular basis but it seems as if MOST primal folks do. So, since I am the "primal smoothie king" I thought... why not create some with coffee? It turns out that I LOVE them and they have been the biggest hit on my primal smoothies blog.

    I'll start with one...

    Buttery Coffee Smoothie
    1 cup Coffee, Cold
    1/4 cup Avocado
    2 large Egg Yolks
    1 TBSP Coconut Palm Sugar
    1/4 cup Ice
    2 TBSP Coconut Oil, Melted

    The blog post with the recipe: Primal/Paleo Smoothie Recipe: Buttery Coffee
    Find me at aToadontheRoad.com. Cheers!

  2. #2
    Grumpycakes's Avatar
    Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    3,591
    You're the what now?
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

  3. #3
    Blackcatbone's Avatar
    Blackcatbone is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Nashville
    Posts
    2,192
    Quote Originally Posted by Primal Toad View Post
    I have a number of different coffee smoothies to reveal to you all...

    I don't drink coffee on a regular basis but it seems as if MOST primal folks do. So, since I am the "primal smoothie king" I thought... why not create some with coffee? It turns out that I LOVE them and they have been the biggest hit on my primal smoothies blog.

    I'll start with one...

    Buttery Coffee Smoothie
    1 cup Coffee, Cold
    1/4 cup Avocado
    2 large Egg Yolks
    1 TBSP Coconut Palm Sugar
    1/4 cup Ice
    2 TBSP Coconut Oil, Melted

    The blog post with the recipe: Primal/Paleo Smoothie Recipe: Buttery Coffee
    Oh man . . . coffee smoothies could be my downfall. I can't do avocado though, so one without, or if it can be replaced with something else, would be great.

  4. #4
    Unamused Mouse's Avatar
    Unamused Mouse is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Toronto, ON
    Posts
    633
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Caveman View Post
    You're the what now?
    LOL You have the best one-liners.

  5. #5
    Primal Toad's Avatar
    Primal Toad is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    1,983
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Caveman View Post
    You're the what now?
    I'm the primal smoothie queen.
    Find me at aToadontheRoad.com. Cheers!

  6. #6
    Primal Toad's Avatar
    Primal Toad is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    1,983
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackcatbone View Post
    Oh man . . . coffee smoothies could be my downfall. I can't do avocado though, so one without, or if it can be replaced with something else, would be great.
    How about this one...

    Pumpkin Pecan Coffee
    1 cup Coffee, Cold
    3/4 cup Pumpkin, Canned
    1/2 small Banana, Frozen
    1/4 cup Pecans
    1/2 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
    1/4 cup Ice

    Posted here: Primal/Paleo Smoothie Recipe: Pumpkin Pecan Coffee
    Find me at aToadontheRoad.com. Cheers!

  7. #7
    seaweed's Avatar
    seaweed is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    4,330
    do you reckon you could ditch the palm sugar to get the carb content down? i may give it a go tomorrow.

  8. #8
    Grumpycakes's Avatar
    Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    3,591
    Look, man, I'm pretty much a libertarian at heart and so I don't like it at all when people appoint themselves as royalty.
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

  9. #9
    Blackcatbone's Avatar
    Blackcatbone is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Nashville
    Posts
    2,192
    Quote Originally Posted by Primal Toad View Post
    How about this one...

    Pumpkin Pecan Coffee
    1 cup Coffee, Cold
    3/4 cup Pumpkin, Canned
    1/2 small Banana, Frozen
    1/4 cup Pecans
    1/2 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
    1/4 cup Ice

    Posted here: Primal/Paleo Smoothie Recipe: Pumpkin Pecan Coffee
    Oh my gawd, YUM! I, unfortunately, can't do bananas either, but this one looks pretty easy to adjust to make up for that.

  10. #10
    Primal Toad's Avatar
    Primal Toad is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    1,983
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by seaweed View Post
    do you reckon you could ditch the palm sugar to get the carb content down? i may give it a go tomorrow.
    Yes but I like my coconut palm sugar sometimes. Sub stevia or just do without... should be ok.
    Find me at aToadontheRoad.com. Cheers!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •