Thread: Turkey Squash Chilli page

pjgh is offline Senior Member

Turkey Squash Chilli

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I've no idea where I got the idea for this, but I'm sure it was from somewhere paleo ...

Anyway, you take some turkey chunks, some chicken chunks if you like, a small butternut squash, a can of peeled plum tomatoes, some spices and aromatics ... and put it all together.

You can make it with pumpkin - the first time I made it was with pumpkin: living in the ice age: Turkey & Chicken Pumpkin Chilli ... later, I just used a squash: living in the ice age: Turkey & Chicken Squash Chilli ... tonight I chucked in some bell peppers, too.

Start out by peeling, seeding and boiling chunks of squash until it is tender. Mash it.

Coconut oil in a lidded saute pan, colour the meat (turkey and chicken for variety or just turkey), drop in a finely chopped onion, some garlic, some ginger, ground coriander, cayenne pepper, white pepper, chilli powder, a touch of cinnamon and half teaspoon of honey if you're that way inclined. Ground cumin is obvious, too, but my Mrs can't abide the smell or taste, so I sneak a little onto mine afterwards.

Pour in the can of peeled plum tomatoes and mash down.

Stir in the mashed squash.

Add chicken stock and simmer away for a couple of hours with the lid on.

Lid off to reduce the liquid, drop in chopped bell peppers at this stage if you want and prepare anything else - boiled egg goes well, spinach does, soured cream, whatever accompaniments you want.

Serve out ...

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Looks yum
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.