Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Critique what the new guy ate page 2

OneDeltaTenTango is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jakey View Post
    i think that flax is best used for furniture polish, like when we call it linseed oil! it is not a good source of omega 3's, it's not the good long chain type we need, and we can barely convert ALA (which it does have) into those long chain forms. if you get it as an oil, it's highly processed, often with hexane, and often oxidized already. linseed (aka flax) oil, is furniture polish! really.

it's also an estrogen mimetic. there's just no point in flax meal or flax oil, you can't digest the seed form, and i shudder to think what on earth they've done to the stuff to produce a 'milk.'
    And besides, they have these long barns with rows of flax plants just wallowing in flax feces being inhumanely milked by nameless, faceless, flax milk pumping machines.it is brutal. One season and the flax plants are done...sucked dry.

donnieR32 is offline Member
    Here is today's breakdown so far:
    Calories: 1430
    Protein: 120 grams
    Fat: 70 grams
    Carbs: 89 grams

jhc
    jhc is offline Senior Member
    If you are trying to make smoothies use a mix of coconut milk and water as the base.

jammies is offline Senior Member
    Compared to your description of your previous diet I'd say today is a great success

As you move forward, try to keep in mind that the goal here is to eat whole, natural, unprocessed foods. With that in mind, flax milk is a little processed, bacon is good but I wouldn't make it a staple, turkey meat is processed, smoothies are fine, but again shouldn't necessarily be the main focus of your diet.. Have hamburger patties fried up with one piece of bacon and cover your eggs in that - delicious. Saute a few spinach greens in the fat and you have a great breakfast. Think fats, unprocessed meats, veggies, and fruits - that's the core of your diet. Then add in as needed for flavor, fun, and flexibility.

Also - a lot depends on what your goals are of eating this way.....

BamaAla is offline Member
    R32 MKV or MKIV? Good luck on your primal journey!

Quote Originally Posted by BamaAla View Post
    R32 MKV or MKIV? Good luck on your primal journey!
    Hahaahaha! MkIV.....let's be honest, is the MKV really a R32? hahaa

Quote Originally Posted by jammies View Post
    Compared to your description of your previous diet I'd say today is a great success

As you move forward, try to keep in mind that the goal here is to eat whole, natural, unprocessed foods. With that in mind, flax milk is a little processed, bacon is good but I wouldn't make it a staple, turkey meat is processed, smoothies are fine, but again shouldn't necessarily be the main focus of your diet.. Have hamburger patties fried up with one piece of bacon and cover your eggs in that - delicious. Saute a few spinach greens in the fat and you have a great breakfast. Think fats, unprocessed meats, veggies, and fruits - that's the core of your diet. Then add in as needed for flavor, fun, and flexibility.

Also - a lot depends on what your goals are of eating this way.....
    Excellent, thank you very much. My goal is to shed fat, eat natural, have more energy, and have better overall health. Shockingly, I have/had a lot of the side effects others mentioned and I thought it was crazy I found it here. Bloating, gas, always hungry no matter what I eat. I'm looking for a lifestyle change.

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    You're on the right track! My version of primal works for me, and it might work for you if you want to try it. I eat:

Aroy-D coconut milk for breakfast - one normal (12 oz.?) can.

Lunch might contain a few of the following:
    Green apple
    Avocado or two
    Grass-fed beef liver cooked in tallow
    Zucchini
    Can of mackerel
    Head of romaine lettuce
    Can of oysters
    Sometimes mango or melon when available and fresh for cheap
    Other primal fare, six-egg meals on my days off work.

Dinner is extremely consistent:
    Salmon steak or two cooked in coconut oil and grass-fed tallow (I make it myself for CHEAP!) with salt and parsley
    Mountain of cruciferous organic frozen veggies, often with a sheet of seaweed tossed in or with some organic frozen spinach. And I mean mountain - hard to get the lid on the pan, and it's a 12" by 2" pan!

This diet, with trail mix on grocery day and the occasional dark chocolate bar, makes up my diet. It's predictable, easy and affordable and I'm down to 170 from 215, adding muscle and feeling alert. Usually fitday is happy with it, too!

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

touchdowntodd is offline Senior Member
    id ditch anything even close to milk .. just get your mind over needing it if you feel you do ..

no bananas for me, and not many fruits and no nuts (if you are trying to lose weight)

why is turkey a no no? ive never heard of that ... (im picturing the roasted turkey im eating for lunch today, no deli meat)

you do need fat at lunch ...
    Last edited by touchdowntodd; 12-07-2011 at 01:40 PM.
    started at 310 July 23rd 2011 ... workin and workin!

my journal - http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread34980.html

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    id ditch anything even close to milk .. just get your mind over needing it if you feel you do ..
    That can work, if milk is something you drank before Primal. I drink the coconut milk for the medium-chain-triglycerides and the heat energy in the morning, plus all the insane myriad benefits of coconut. But I can't drink milk, it turns into concrete in my stomach and takes a week to pass...gassy and painful, not something to be missed or desired. Coconut milk just vanishes, almost completely digested.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast