Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tough Mudder Tampa 2011 page 2

unsuperb is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Siscoe View Post
    Kyle - what id dyou wear on your feet? I'm planning on doing the Tough Mudder in Toronto next year, and want to wear my Vibrams, but was hoping someone might have some advice on that front. Is it doable in Vibrams?
    I ran the North California race this past September in my Vibrams (KSO). Definitely doable, a number of other people were also sporting them.

Pro: they do not get waterlogged during the various water obstacles, particularly important for the swimming one
    Con: they accumulate sandy particles due to the water obstacles, which ended up pooling in the toes and wasn't too comfortable.

Kyle46N is offline Senior Member
    Sorry for the late response. I wore Merrel Trail gloves. They ridges in the bottom were pretty helpful with some of the slick/muddy areas. They do have the electroshock therapy at the end of the race. It's not bad, feels like a strong punch. I got a double hit in the calves and it dropped me to all fours. My buddy and I did qualify for the Worlds Toughest Mudder with our time, but the Tampa event was only 2 weeks before the Worlds, and we had not trained for that kind of race. We are going to qualify in one of the 2012 spring races, so we have 6 months or so to train for next December's worlds toughest mudder. Looks like an awesome experience.

Danielfire is offline Senior Member
    Holy crap. I need to prepare for Melbourne.

Quote Originally Posted by unsuperb View Post
    Pro: they do not get waterlogged during the various water obstacles, particularly important for the swimming one
    Con: they accumulate sandy particles due to the water obstacles, which ended up pooling in the toes and wasn't too comfortable.
    Just did the Barbarian Challenge, which is a mini-Tough Mudder, in Fila skel-e-toes. I won't do it again. Every trip in water gathered sand and gravel which translated into a huge blister on my toe. Huge. Very big.
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

ToddS is offline Junior Member
    I do a lot of obstacle races Tough Mudder, Warrior Dash, Spartan, and other local races in my Vibrams and much prefer them over regular shoes. The shed water much better, they stay on in the mud, and the velcro makes them easy to take off if you have to empty sand/grit. I do recommend getting a pair of Injinji socks to help with the sand/blister issue.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12