Thread: Help 4 Hubby page

Red99 is offline Junior Member

Question Help 4 Hubby

Primal Fuel
    Hi everyone,
    In January 2011 I stopped eating carbs, anything white really, rice, pasta, potatoes, bread, cakes. I lost a lot of weight and by the summer had a defined waist and collar bones. I don't work out, and don't have a lot of time for exercise but I do walk a lot and have a busy job in a school. I found this site and have been reading up, after falling off the wagon slightly over the summer. Here's the thing....my hubby is very overweight, has poured scorn over my diet and is trying to lose weight by "counting calories" eating bread, quorn, rice, all the things I don't. I need some good, factual articles to try and win him over. He is very logical and methodical and anything I say won't convince him that it's his sugar/carb intake causing him problems. Can any of you lovely people help???? Thx!

Nady is offline Senior Member
    Last edited by Nady; 12-06-2011 at 02:29 AM.

Nady is offline Senior Member

alg2435 is offline Senior Member

Grizz is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Red99 View Post
    Hi everyone,
    In January 2011 I stopped eating carbs, anything white really, rice, pasta, potatoes, bread, cakes. I lost a lot of weight and by the summer had a defined waist and collar bones. I don't work out, and don't have a lot of time for exercise but I do walk a lot and have a busy job in a school. I found this site and have been reading up, after falling off the wagon slightly over the summer. Here's the thing....my hubby is very overweight, has poured scorn over my diet and is trying to lose weight by "counting calories" eating bread, quorn, rice, all the things I don't. I need some good, factual articles to try and win him over. He is very logical and methodical and anything I say won't convince him that it's his sugar/carb intake causing him problems. Can any of you lovely people help???? Thx!
    Red99,
    Buy him the book, "Wheat Belly" by Dr. Wm Davis. After reading this book, he will join you with the Paleo Diet.... GUARANTEED!

ALG is RIGHT ON ! +1000 on this video !
    TEDxIowaCity - Dr. Terry Wahls - Minding Your Mitochondria - YouTube

This video should be sent out to everyone on your Email List.

Best to you,
    Grizz
    Last edited by Grizz; 12-06-2011 at 09:43 AM.

Red99 is offline Junior Member
    Thanks for those responses. I found them helpful and maybe they will convince my husband that there's some truth to the Primal/Paleo way of eating!

biancaaa is offline Member
    What about buying him the Primal Blueprint ? Perhaps for Christmas.. I mean there is more to weight loss than cutting grains and I think the book will do a lot of explaining. The book is also good to have on hand as a reference point.

Limepurple is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hi Red99,

I started PB April 2011 and have since lost 27lbs hovering at 9st 3lb hopefully more will move but I'm not in a hurry, I feel sooo much better (I found I was Gluten intolerant which made me search for a new way of eating hence finding PB and MDA).

Hope he dosn't mind me saying this - My husband is over weight and didn't have a good diet and poured scorn on my new way of eating. Then at the start of October we had a discussion!!! he agreed to give it a go, he has now lost 14lbs has more energy, less gas and a diminishing wheat belly and a wardrobe of (old)new clothes. He says he is too busy with work to read the book etc and is going on my success.

The important thing is to keep going yourself and hopefully he will wake up to your new found health and with that happiness.

Thanks Alg for the video link, it was worth watching.

Limepurple