Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help me get back into exercise! page 2

Dave RN is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    get some cheap bike gloves. Saves my hands.

meepster is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave RN View Post
    get some cheap bike gloves. Saves my hands.
    It's not the skin that's the problem - it's the muscles and tendons; I'm afraid of giving myself a case of tendonitis, which I really can't afford now since I have to record a CD next month. I'm not sure gloves will help with that...

oxide is offline Senior Member
    If piano is truly your career, I wouldn't risk doing ANY of these exercises just to be Primal.
    I like the suggestion to walk a lot. Or just focus on lower body for now.

For finger strength, get a couple Gripmastersfrom Amazon.

For slow and easy gym workouts, I suggest an exercise ball/balance ball. For 25 bucks you can get a ball from Reebok which includes a reasonably good CD (Tanja Djevela-something). Look up "Ridgeline fitness" for some great video podcasts of balance ball exercises.
    5'0" female, 43 years old. Started Primal October 31, 2011, at a skinny fat 111.5 lbs. Low weight: 99.5 lb on a fast. Current weight: skinny-fat 106.5 lbs because of sugar cheating.

MY PRIMAL: I (try to) follow by-the-book primal as advocated by Mark Sisson, except for whey powder and a bit of cream. I aim for 80-90 g carb/day and advocate a two-month strict adjustment for newbies. But everybody is different and other need to tweak Primal to their own needs.

meepster is offline Senior Member
    The thing is, when I was doing kettlebells on a regular basis, I found that it actually helped my piano playing. You need strong hands to play the piano. So I do want to ease back into weight training. But for now, yes, walking is definitely a wonderful thing, and I've been doing bodyweight squats as well. I'll get back in shape eventually.

MightyAl is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    The best grip training I have found is hanging from a bar. I do pull ups, hanging leg lifts, and sometimes I hang from the bar as long as I can. Otherwise I do BW exercises from the convict conditioning program.

I just got back into the swing of things tonight with a sandbag workout but that would probably be a little much for you at this point.
    Check out my primal blog: http://primalroar.posterous.com/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12