Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Just for fun, let's see how negative our scores can get: YAY CSPI page 2

spughy is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Gager View Post
    how much beef is (4 servings/wk)?

and i like how a serving of fish has 0 animal welfare score yet milk cheese and eggs have a negative score. ummm you arent hurting any animals eating cheese milk and eggs but im pretty sure a fish has got to die if you eat fish
    Not true, actually - in order to produce milk a cow has to give birth once a year. Half the time, they give birth to little boy cows. They are better known in the grocery store as "veal" and are a necessary byproduct of dairy. Moreover, in industrial farming the process of giving birth is traumatic for both the cow and calf, as they are immediately separated. Calf mortality is fairly high.

Battery hens are some of the most mistreated animals in industrial agriculture. I would say that the suffering of both chickens and dairy cows under industrial farming schemes is easily equal to that of a relatively brainless fish happily swimming along into a net.

bryanccfshr is offline Senior Member
    Getting off work and heading to the butcher.
    Integrity is what we do when nobody's watching.

Mike Gager is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by spughy View Post
    Not true, actually - in order to produce milk a cow has to give birth once a year. Half the time, they give birth to little boy cows. They are better known in the grocery store as "veal" and are a necessary byproduct of dairy. Moreover, in industrial farming the process of giving birth is traumatic for both the cow and calf, as they are immediately separated. Calf mortality is fairly high.

Battery hens are some of the most mistreated animals in industrial agriculture. I would say that the suffering of both chickens and dairy cows under industrial farming schemes is easily equal to that of a relatively brainless fish happily swimming along into a net.
    umm yeah ok whatever. cows are going to have babies no matter what thus they are going to produce milk. chickens will produce eggs no matter where they are raised. in both of those instances the cow and chicken are still alive, regardless of how they are treated. the fish is simply dead.
    Primal Chaos
    37yo 6'5"
    6-19-2011 393lbs 60" waist
    current 338lbs 49" waist
    goal 240lbs 35" waist

shmee is offline Senior Member
    I didn't know how to post the picture here but I scored -76.
    Start Weight: 265.8
    Current Weight: 234.4
    Leptin Reset started Jan 1, 2014

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    I scored 33 overall. What are you weirdos doing? Too much bacon, that's your problem.
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

iniQuity is offline Senior Member

My diet obviously isn't the same all the time, and I made the mistake of just randomly thinking how many of each I "may" eat. I stand by my eggs. I definitely eat more than 15 eggs/week, as I usually fix about 4-5 whenever I make something for myself. Already my egg total for the week is 9 and that's only Sunday/Monday.

If you score about a 0, you're a vegan in hiding.

Alex Good is offline Senior Member
    This doesn't apply to me because I eat 15 servings of pork, beef and egg per day.
    In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

Alex Good is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Caveman View Post
    I scored 33 overall. What are you weirdos doing? Too much bacon, that's your problem.
    Blasphemer! I will rend your flesh and use it to make long pig crackling!
    In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

tfarny is offline Senior Member
    - 108! What prize do I win? Best health of my life, bar none, by far? Coolio.
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

oxide is offline Senior Member
    I was doing low, until I hit the veggie line. I eat a good 25-30 servings a week, which put me at +60.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast