Thread: Starting IF page

Oceanlogic is offline Junior Member

I'm going to attempt my first IF.

Would anyone recommend a first and last meal?

I'm trying for a 24 hour.

Conclusion: Best food to eat at the beginning of IF. The type and amount of food at the end.

misathemeb is offline Member

i wouldn't try a 24IF for your first one. i've been doing PB since august and just last week had my very first one! i did 12, 14, 16, 18 & 20hr fasts prior to it. it took me so long because well i don't really plan for these things. if i was to make IF a priority i still wouldn't do it for myself no more than 1x a week.

as many have said, i'd have the end of your IF or the hardest part be when you go to sleep (ending overnight). i did last meal at 7pm the night before (very heavy in fats and low carb) and i was able to make it through the day quite nicely drinking lots of water and green tea. as for the first meal post IF, eat slowly! be conscious of yourself and don't overeat. listen to your body. maybe soup first then start into the solids, but chew them

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member

I agree with misathemeb. A larger, high-fat meal before, and don't go overboard with whatever you have at the end. And maybe start off with shorter IFs.

You might be able to pull off a 24 hour fast for your first time if you've been eating high-fat, low-carb for a couple weeks already. But if you're still easing into the PB way of eating, 24 hours might be too difficult.

You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

I'm going to see what happens...I will not force 24 hours....I started at 8am today (Saturday) and hope to end it 8am Sunday. I have a veg/meat soup standing by ......On another note...how do you change your profile pic.....?

Greg B is offline Junior Member

If you have a specific time goal, a very easy way to do it is eating normally until lunch one day, then skip dinner (first skipped meal is very easy), and have some activity planned the next morning that will preclude easy eating. This will take you 24 hours and during the hardest segments you will be asleep or busy.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

Well I did the 24 hour IF for the first time.

I could have gone a bit further. I ended it with a brisk walk on the treadmill for half an hour. For the first meal I had beef/veg soup and an apple.

Definitely the meal times are the hardest. Worked it out with a green tea and water.

But it is 90 % mental.

It is a good way to tell the body that you are in control.