Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The bad part about Primal.... page

Shanster is offline Senior Member

The bad part about Primal....

Primal Fuel
    Having to find new pants, belts and/or a seamstress to take in the pants you currently own.
    Gets a little spendy....
    We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars. - Oscar Wilde

SweetPickles is offline Senior Member
    I know! With the weight I've lost already, I'm back in my "skinny" clothes, but I'm setting aside some money for when I need even smaller ones. As for belts, they should give you a leather punch for new holes along with the book!

opalinesque is offline Junior Member
    Try new everything. My entire wardrobe, minus two or three shirts and two jeans, is bagged up to be given away because I can't even pretend any of it still fits anymore. I am so glad both my birthday and Christmas are coming up.

LJH
    LJH is offline Senior Member
    Sure wish there were more Primal folks around here, I sew for a living. LOL!

sixtoesgirl is offline Member
    Yep, I had to get an all new wardrobe from underwear to outerwear. Thank goodness for thrift stores! My size 6s are now my "fat pants" and my overall goal and dream was to get down to a size 10 (from a 14/16). I never thought I could possibly be smaller than a 10 and now I'm in a 4. This is the first time in my life I've needed a belt. I'm not complaining, however!!!!! I am simply amazed!

Griffin is offline Senior Member
    Mrs. Griffin and I have been having the same issue. Luckily, some of my close were borderline between too small and just right so they fit reasonably well now that I've shrunk some. My work clothes are the worse though. Baggy dress pants and shirts that I swim in do not look super professional.
    There are two wolves fighting within a man's heart, one is Love, the other is Hate. The one that wins is the one you feed.

My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world. - Jack Layton

The Primal Adventures of Griffin - Huzzah!

Shanster is offline Senior Member
    So far I can hide the baggy pants with a smaller belt - the scrunched waist can be covered with a top but it's funny to me that I'm pulling them up all the time without a belt. Can't tell you the last time that happened to me...

I got some sweatpants at TJMaxx (cuz I rarely spend over $20 for pants as it is...) probably 1 month in to primal - they fit me perfectly - now they are so baggy and I have to pull the drawstring tight to keep them up for when I am doing my sprint workout or they fall down... I tried to wear just normal elastic band athletic pants and they were falling down me arse...can't run sprints so good while holding up your pants with the other hand!

I've lost 12 lbs and I'm only 2 mos in... so I wonder what things will be as I continue onward. My goal was a size 12 and the weight I'm at now. My size 12 pants are too big.

My absolute, only could get there if I won the lottery and could pay a trainer and a chef weight is now 10lbs away. Never thought it was attainable. I really might be!

It is very cool but at the same time I don't have a bunch of extra to buy new clothes! I am a huge fan of consignment/thrift and the Ross/TJMaxx type stores....

Wonder how much more will happen on this journey? I've started the essential movements - I'm pretty weak right now but looking forward to a day when I'm strong! grin.

Congrats to all of you and I'm glad you share in my "pain"!!
    We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars. - Oscar Wilde

Cuban is offline Junior Member
    Beginning of week two and down one hole on the belt. It will definitely be bittersweet to have to buy a new wardrobe...I've only had this one for a few months. Ah well, my wife and I will gladly spend the money for smaller clothes. It's the interim time that I dread...when we're too thin to wear what we own but haven't reached our goal weight so we'll look like we're drowning in our clothes. We'll definitely be going to the local Starvation Army store and get some in between wardrobe.

Definitely looking forward to that.

Walker9333 is offline Junior Member

Red face Type 2 Diabetic's

I'm a type 2 diabetic. I'm taking metformin, lantis, and novalog. I've been PB'ing for about 4 weeks. I blew out my knee doing 725 pound leg presses so I'm not been able to do any PB exercises until the knee is recouped form surgery. My currenc weight is 280, 20 lbs lighter than I was 4 weeks ago. I've was taking 14-16 units of novalog before each meal. I'm now using 10 units at each meal and my blood sugars are rarely over 85, compared to 4 weeks ago when I was rarely under 150. Looking forward to hearing other success stories from type 2's. I'm really looking forward to PB exercising and getting off these meds.

Cuban is offline Junior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by Walker9333 View Post
    I'm a type 2 diabetic. I'm taking metformin, lantis, and novalog. I've been PB'ing for about 4 weeks. I blew out my knee doing 725 pound leg presses so I'm not been able to do any PB exercises until the knee is recouped form surgery. My currenc weight is 280, 20 lbs lighter than I was 4 weeks ago. I've was taking 14-16 units of novalog before each meal. I'm now using 10 units at each meal and my blood sugars are rarely over 85, compared to 4 weeks ago when I was rarely under 150. Looking forward to hearing other success stories from type 2's. I'm really looking forward to PB exercising and getting off these meds.
    My pastor was on your protocol and he's no longer taking any of them. He's also no longer considered a diabetic due to his bloodwork. After 18 months of paleo and Crossfit he's "cured" himself. Those were the doctor's words not mine.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast