Thread: Anyone here have a history of fatty liver? Any change from going Primal? page

MonsterAlice is offline Member

Anyone here have a history of fatty liver? Any change from going Primal?

Primal Fuel
    I have fatty liver disease along with hyperlipidemia (diagnosed while following the Mediterranean Diet). Has anyone with the same diagnoses seen any change, good or bad, after going Primal? How long did it take before you saw a change?

breadsauce is offline Senior Member
    Here's a link to a site that might interest you

Whole Health Source: Fatty Liver Reversal

Alex Good is offline Senior Member
    Well I used to have a bite or two off of my grandma's plate every now and then. I haven't had any since she died though.
    In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

acrunchyfrog is offline Junior Member
    My liver enzymes were out of whack for quite some time, and my doc suggested I had fatty liver disease nearly a decade ago. After eating primal/paleo for about 4 months, they went back to normal.

tfarny is offline Senior Member
    Some degree of NAFLD is actually "normal" in your typically overweight westerner. Going primal / paleo seems to instantly reverse it. But few people are diagnosed or "symptomatic" in the normal sense of headache, whatever. In other words, low carb whole foods is the best known cure for NAFLD and you should do it.
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

Phoenixflame is offline Senior Member
    Heh, I went through a nasty depression for awhile and my diet went to crash and burn 7th circle hell. Had a checkup and the doctor was like "Uh...your liver enzymes are elevated and your triglycerides are shitty. This is bad." About that time I was finally being treated for depression and could think normally again. Got back to eating 80/20 Primal for a few weeks, got retested, and the doc emailed me to say "oh btw everything looks fine now!"

Maybe my first test was wonky but my bloodwork did improve a lot in a very short time.

Tane is offline Junior Member
    Seems like new people to Primal getting blood tests for liver enzymes are coming out of whack. This is probably to be expected and probably avoided until the body has had time to adjust your new regime.