Thread: Is this too much food? page

AmyMac703 is offline Senior Member

Shop Now

Ok, so today I *logically* did alright, but somehow mentally I feel like I ate too much.

At 12:30pm I had 3 scrambled eggs topped with a bit of cheddar cheese and some pork green chili sauce.

Then at 6:30pm I had a salad including maybe 1.5-2c of greens, 1/3 an avocado, 1 clementine (those mini oranges), walnuts, and feta cheese. I drizzled olive oil and red wine vinegar on top. After this I had 1.5 chicken breasts (including skin) seasoned w/ salt and pepper and 6 onion circles that I put on top. I also had maybe a handful of almonds.

I don't really know the specific amounts of walnuts/cheese I put on the salad because I'm terrible at gauging that kind of thing, but it wasn't excessive.

So anyway, I realize that all of this is healthy and primal, but for some reason I mentally feel like it was too much. Any thoughts?

Subduction leads to orogeny

My blog that I don't update as often as I should: http://primalclimber.blogspot.com/

FlyNavyWife is offline Senior Member

not too much food.

sounds pretty great to me. other than the onions (I only like them cooked).

Eating lots but still hungry? Eat more fat. Mid-day sluggishness? Eat more fat. Feeling depressed or irritable? Eat more fat. People think you've developed an eating disorder? Eat more fat... in front of them.

Chunster495 is offline Member

Unless you felt like you were about to explode,... sounds like you had some great meals!

Jokaman70 is offline Senior Member

I eat WAY more than that, everyday.

I began this Primal journey on December 30th, 2009 and in that time I've lost over 125 LBS.

AmyMac703 is offline Senior Member

I just entered it all into FitDay and it came out to be 1764 calories.

My basal metabolic rate is 1449 calories, but I assume that doesn't include everyday tasks (i.e. just walking around). My workout today was pretty light (1 mi run at moderate pace, 5 sets of 25 pushups, 5 sets of 2 pullups - I can't do more than 2 lol but working on it).

I'm guessing the fat in the chicken skin was what made me feel really full, which is probably a good thing, since 1) it's good fat and 2) it clearly kept me from eating too much

Subduction leads to orogeny

My blog that I don't update as often as I should: http://primalclimber.blogspot.com/

BarbeyGirl is offline Senior Member

Sounds good to me.

Yes, your BMR is just what you need to stay alive while lounging around in bed. Activity adds to your requirements.

Nightlife ~ Chronicles of Less Urban Living, Fresh from In the Night Farm ~ Idaho's Primal Farm! http://inthenightlife.wordpress.com/

Latest post: Stop Being Stupid

Greg B is offline Junior Member

Keep in mind that calculated BMR is an estimate with a decent margin of error.

Also, day to day equilibrium in energy intake/output isn't as important as weekly equilibrium. If you had no activity at all for that day, but were active other days, it's still fine.

Theriomorphos Guest

PrimalCon New York

Way less than what I eat everyday. ;-)