Page 52 of 52 FirstFirst ... 242505152

Thread: BulletProof Coffee page 52

gdot is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by john_e_turner_ii View Post
    Ok, I know I am late to the dance here. I made my first cup of bulletproof coffee this morning. Two TB butter, two TB coconut oil. I should never had knocked this until I tried it. Quite rich and delicious. I did add a couple of drops of stevia, but I could definitely drink this without the sweetener.

Whether or not this helps with fat loss or any other aspect of health is irrelevant. I just like the way it tastes.
    4 tablespoons total? That's a lot 'o calories dude! Somewhere in the neighborhood of 400.

I used to do one tablespoon of each - but for right now the abs aren't coming in as well as planned so I'm going down to a teaspoon of each to see if I can stimulate some morning fat burning.

I did a pretty good three week 'refeed' in which I ate about 150 grams of carbs per day and lost about a pound. That seemed to get my metabolism revved back up some. Time to dial down hard.

john_e_turner_ii is offline Senior Member
    Yes, it's a lot of calories. That is just how I made it today going by the recipe on the bullet proof Executive website. Not sure if I would do that every day, but it sure was good!

oxide is offline Senior Member
    I've posted this elsewhere, but I've found that I don't need that much BPC to get the same taste satisfaction. So if you like the taste but not the excessive fat grams, divide your BPC into three servings. Sip one serving each day as a treat.
    5'0" female, 43 years old. Started Primal October 31, 2011, at a skinny fat 111.5 lbs. Low weight: 99.5 lb on a fast. Current weight: skinny-fat 106.5 lbs because of sugar cheating.

MY PRIMAL: I (try to) follow by-the-book primal as advocated by Mark Sisson, except for whey powder and a bit of cream. I aim for 80-90 g carb/day and advocate a two-month strict adjustment for newbies. But everybody is different and other need to tweak Primal to their own needs.

Page 52 of 52 FirstFirst ... 242505152