Page 50 of 52 FirstFirst ... 404849505152 LastLast

Thread: BulletProof Coffee page 50

carolorrell is offline Junior Member
    Shop Now
    Get carrington farms coconut oil from Costco. It tastes awesome. I lick it off the spoon every morning as I put it in my coffee. And it is cheap!

Quote Originally Posted by AnneArchy View Post
    Does MCT oil taste worse than coconut oil? As if a lot of coconut oil didn't taste bad enough already?

Leon Wurfel is offline Junior Member
    Hey, if any of you guys are Aussies and want to try it then we've started an online shopfront selling the bulletproof products!

The Primal nutrition stuff is coming soon too!!! :-)

OptimOZ

Zak
    Zak is offline Junior Member
    I have been doing the bulletproof diet and intermittent fasting for about a month now and I am really in a groove! I love the way I feel, and I have lost 13 lbs already! The bulletproof coffee is a staple of my day, the IF would be so hard without it.

If you're interested, I am blogging about it here: My Experience with Bulletproof Coffee (Review) Bulletproof Coffee and Bullet Proof Diet Review

alireb is offline Member
    What does everyone do while traveling? I've been drinking BPC at home, but I'm going away on vacation and want to continue doing it. I was thinking of either doing the Aeropress (even though it won't make 16 ounces at a time) or bringing a collapsible silicone dripper, travel thermos mug and a milk frother to blend it all together. Any tips?

firemart is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by alireb View Post
    What does everyone do while traveling? I've been drinking BPC at home, but I'm going away on vacation and want to continue doing it. I was thinking of either doing the Aeropress (even though it won't make 16 ounces at a time) or bringing a collapsible silicone dripper, travel thermos mug and a milk frother to blend it all together. Any tips?

Plus 1.

jakejoh10 is offline Senior Member
    I absolutely love Bulletproof Coffee! It definitely deserves the hype it's getting. I feel great throughout the day, no crash, no terrible hunger pangs.

The best part is the sustainable energy. Regular coffee gives me a quick boost, but it wears off a few hours later. With BP coffee, I have a ton of energy throughout the day.

Jake
    My nutrition/fitness/critical thinking blog:

Hindred Biggs is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Finnabair View Post
    I need to go to the grocery store.

Does the MCT oil cause diarrhea in anyone else? I'm going to use coconut oil and butter.
    I had been overdoing the amount of MCT oil and butter in my coffee and wow did it cause diarrhea,
    especially if I take digestive enzymes and magnesium with my evening meal.
    I actually thought I had some sort of intestinal virus for a time until I realized that it was possibly
    all the oil in my coffee.
    I went off the BP coffee for one day and the diarrhea was gone. I can see why people report weight
    loss on this coffee, whether it is causing diarrhea or even if it is just causing mild malabsorption
    of food. I had the sense that I was coating the inside of my large intestine with a slick oil and
    sort of waterproofing or sealing it each morning with the oily coffee . I wouldn't need to eat again
    until late afternoon or evening.

I would be fine until later at night , when the evening's meal was passing from the small intestine
    to the large intestine and would just hit the slick grease of the large intestine
    and sort of go 'whoosh', straight out the far end. Diarrhea of a madman.
    Especially if the evening meal had been oily and I had taken digestive enzymes with it
    and then a magnesium pill before bed (which was my habit , as magnesium supplementation
    acts as a muscle relaxant which aids in sleeping)
    Unfortunately, magnesium is also a diuretic, so in combination with digestive enzymes and MCT oil,
    it was a dear diary of diarrhea for a few days.

I am going to do the BP coffee with a smaller amount of butter and without the MCT oil
    and see if things improve.
    Last edited by Hindred Biggs; 06-11-2013 at 02:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mshobbs View Post
    Hi,

Long time lurker, first time poster so be a bit gentle!!!

I have been on the wagon for 3 weeks tomorrow. So far have lost over 7kg(15lb) and feeling good.
    I first heard of this concoction a couple of days ago and tried it over the weekend. Loved it. As a start I used a little less butter than what was mentioned and also some heavy cream.
    My question is if you don't have the suggested oil would it be ok to use coconut or macadamia oil as a replacement.
    Also, in the article it is mentioned to use 80g of butter which is a hell of a lot, does anyone else use a similar amount?

Ta.
    Michael
    According to the creator of bulletproof coffee Dave Asprey, the butyric acid in the butter is
    one of the most prized ingredients of the recipe. It is supposed to boost brain function
    along with some of the components of the coffee. So try to go with the butter. If you are
    casein free, try using ghee instead of butter, I would think that ghee still has butyric acid
    in it.

This David Asprey infographic explains about butter:

For those who find some of the print too small to read here:

Saturated fat has never been proven to cause heart disease.
    Trans fat and polyunsaturated fat does (1)
    Butter protects against cancer compared to vegetable oil (2)
    Fat soluble vitamins in butter protect against heart disease,
    atherosclerosis, osteoporosis, and degenerative disease.
    Vitamin K2 (in butter) protects against atherosclerosis and heart
    attacks (3)

Attachment 12053
    Last edited by Hindred Biggs; 06-11-2013 at 05:02 PM.

Paleo0731 is offline Senior Member
    It's quite comical to look at people faces when you tell them you put a couple tablespoons butter and coconut oil in your coffee while they are adding spoon after spoon of table sugar.

Page 50 of 52 FirstFirst ... 404849505152 LastLast