Page 5 of 52 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: BulletProof Coffee page 5

Claraflo is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by InSearchOfAbs View Post
    I just don't understand why drinking a 400+ calorie, 100% fat cup of coffee in the morning is any different
    than just EATING your 400 calories of something more nutritious.

I'm totally not bashing it at ALL, and it sounds freaking tasty as hell, I just don't understand.

And how in the world could you set yourself up for being a "fat burner" all day, when your body is so
    busy burning off your 500 calories of butter and coconut oil? Does it really get done with that and say "okay
    fat cells! we've been burning this lovely dietary fat from our stomach for 6 hours, now
    it's time to move
    to the fat on our ass!" Me thinks not.

I know that the dude on the link lost lotsa weight having this concoction for breakfast every day, but maybe
    in the long run, it was just because it resulted in lower calories for the day.

Now if he was eating upwards of 5K cals a day AND drinking this stuff, then shit, I'm all over it.

All right, don't flog me - I'm just curious and asking the question that maybe other's are wondering too!

Julie
    I have no scientific explanation but experience has taught me that in my body, high fat consumption = losing weight. I suspect its more than just ketosis, theres still so much science doesnt know about the body. I just experiment and go with what works rather than trying to get it sorted out in my head. There doesnt have to be a scientific explanation for something to work.

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    One nice thing about the bulletproof coffee is that it relieves the pressure I've felt to keep cream in the house. Knowing I can use butter means that if I run out of cream, it's no big deal. Cream sometimes goes bad but butter seems to last forever. I only use 2Tbsp of butter when I make it so it's not a 400 calorie drink. Maybe a little more calories than using cream, though. Somehow the calories seem to take care of themselves on a high fat low carb plan.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 175 x 3. Current Deadlift: 225 x 3

InSearchOfAbs is offline Senior Member
    Okie dokie, thanks for the opinions.

I was really hoping for someone to say: "like oh my god, after I started implementing this, the fat on
    my body just started coming off in sheets".

No takers? Come ON! Indulge me!

I started intermittent fasting a little under a month ago, daily from 7pm until 3pm the next day - I've been telling myself
    that my body is using my own fat during that 20hr fasting time, so bellying up to some bullet proof coffee, even if it wasn't
    the 400 calorie variety, would halt that. But it still sounds delicious.

I personally am past the point of low carb, vlc and ZC - I've done all three with great success from 1996 to 2009, and now
    have added carbs back in because all of the above just wasn't doing it for me anymore. I guess I'm past the weight that
    vlc and high fat will do anything, cuz it doesn't.

All right, I'm rambling on and on, as usual.

Y'all carry on with your bad selves and keep us updated if the bullet proof coffee does any miraculous things for you!

I'm definitely going to give it a try Christmas morning..... that day I'm going to eat everything in site, ALL DAY, so BPC is
    first on my list!

Julie

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    Gosh, I hadn't tried using bulletproof coffee to melt the fat off in sheets. Maybe I'll see if it does that. I'm always suspicious of that kind of thinking anyway, you know, being an older woman and all. Nothing ever melts the fat away on me. Maybe it works for guys and that's why that bulletproof guy says all that stuff, but you know, his website is a total self-promotion site, he's totally selling his coaching and whatever else to guys who want to dominate as high-performance careerists or whatever. You have to take that kind of guy's words with a huge pink block of Himalayan sea salt.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 175 x 3. Current Deadlift: 225 x 3

Laconophile is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by InSearchOfAbs View Post
    Okie dokie, thanks for the opinions.

I was really hoping for someone to say: "like oh my god, after I started implementing this, the fat on
    my body just started coming off in sheets".

No takers? Come ON! Indulge me!

I started intermittent fasting a little under a month ago, daily from 7pm until 3pm the next day - I've been telling myself
    that my body is using my own fat during that 20hr fasting time, so bellying up to some bullet proof coffee, even if it wasn't
    the 400 calorie variety, would halt that. But it still sounds delicious.

I personally am past the point of low carb, vlc and ZC - I've done all three with great success from 1996 to 2009, and now
    have added carbs back in because all of the above just wasn't doing it for me anymore. I guess I'm past the weight that
    vlc and high fat will do anything, cuz it doesn't.

All right, I'm rambling on and on, as usual.

Y'all carry on with your bad selves and keep us updated if the bullet proof coffee does any miraculous things for you!

I'm definitely going to give it a try Christmas morning..... that day I'm going to eat everything in site, ALL DAY, so BPC is
    first on my list!

Julie
    I didn't see him claim that it was a fat loss miracle. Burning fat for fuel isn't just for fat loss, it also provides clean energy and a mental boost, which is probably what he's after.
    Ye shall know them by their fruits.

Claraflo is offline Member
    Well, I just made my first one this morning, only had salted butter in the fridge so I made it with coconut oil instead. What can I say except this is one great way to drink my favourite beverage and you know what else? No caffeine spike. I also cant imagine drinking more than one of these a day so its an easy way to cut down coffee consumption if thats a concern. i can wait to try a hot chocolate this way too. Its a winner!

urbansix is offline Member
    I too have become addi.... started enjoying this form of coffee, since reading this thread a week ago. I have been using pastured butter and coconut oil. Picked up some MCT oil today to give that a try. Also heard the Bulletproof podcast on the mental boost/alzheimer's "cure" from MCT oil, so I'll be interested to see if there is a noticeable clarity or if I start inventing time machines or writing novels. I'm not crazy about much of the stuff on Bulletproof Executive, but at least I can come away from it with a slamming good cup of coffee.

primalsun is offline Member
    Any crossfitters here drinking bulletproof coffee? I workout in the a.m. and usually eat breakfast right after (~10 a.m.). Would drinking this with about 4 T butter after a workout be a recipe for disaster seeing as its virtually 0 carbs? My goals are weight loss primarily and strength gains if possible. The two can be conflicting though :/. Seeing as I'm doing crossfit for weight loss, I'm not too concerned about lacking the post-workout carbsrotein ratio for muscle gains. I'm more concerned about having no energy. While I've been paleo/primal for 4 months, I find that after intense workouts I still need some carb (albeit relatively small amounts) to maintain energy. Any advice?

primalsun is offline Member
    Oh, wow. that was supposed to be a colon, not a smiley.

Legbiter is offline Senior Member
    Just tried this again this morning to check....yep...wow you sure this thing is legal?

Page 5 of 52 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast