Page 49 of 52 FirstFirst ... 394748495051 ... LastLast

Thread: BulletProof Coffee page 49

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by otzi View Post
    Soooo, you like BP Coffee or you don't????
    +1

rtn1911 is offline Junior Member
    I've been drinking BP Coffee for a year or so. Generally I make it with 21 grams of MCT oil and 9 grams of coconut oil. Once in a while I use grass fed no salt butter instead of the oil.

quelsen is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by otzi View Post
    Soooo, you like BP Coffee or you don't????
    was replying to the snake oil quote.

my coffee today was

resurrection roast + 1/4 HWC + 1T butter + stevia
    Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
    Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    This thread is hilarious! People are putting loads of butter into their morning coffee and chat about how full and satisfied they feel afterwards! Some recommendations goes for 80 gram of butter – which energy is equivalent to 10 large cooked eggs! That amount of eggs should make most of us feel full, and if drinking black coffee beside eating them you’ll feel even fuller, and probably for a long time afterwards! But eggs are by all standards, except maybe taste, a much better option and a very complete food for nutrition and dieting than drinking buttercoffee...

Daemonized is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorbag View Post
    This thread is hilarious! People are putting loads of butter into their morning coffee and chat about how full and satisfied they feel afterwards! Some recommendations goes for 80 gram of butter – which energy is equivalent to 10 large cooked eggs! That amount of eggs should make most of us feel full, and if drinking black coffee beside eating them you’ll feel even fuller, and probably for a long time afterwards! But eggs are by all standards, except maybe taste, a much better option and a very complete food for nutrition and dieting than drinking buttercoffee...

Right, but a dozen eggs downed with a gallon of coffee won't stop projectiles. Why just eat for nutrition when you can drink it while simultaneously calling it a fast and claiming imaginary imperviousness to bullets?

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemonized View Post
    Right, but a dozen eggs downed with a gallon of coffee won't stop projectiles. Why just eat for nutrition when you can drink it while simultaneously calling it a fast and claiming imaginary imperviousness to bullets?
    Hehehe, I forgot that the buttercoffee also made the fat fast “bulletproof”, the magic about staying in ketosis and all that! And to those folks that can’t eat eggs, you can have 4 canned Tuna in water at the same energy value as 80 gram of butter/oil, and even pour on some lemon juice. Drinking tasty black coffee besides may keep you pretty full until lunch…

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    When I run out of half and half, I use a half tablespoon of butter in my espresso. I call it buttercoffee because I realize that Bulletproof coffee has a different connotation and the reason for its existence is different. It's delicious even with as little butter as I use. 2 Tblsp half and half = 40 calories. A half Tblsp butter = 50 calories. So the butter doesn't make that much difference energy wise.

I guessing that for me, the coffee has always been a bit of an appetite suppressant. Fat isn't always something that sates me and I notice that I can easily fall into a pattern where I add more and more fat to my daily eating and then I feel a little uncomfortable when I notice and make myself cut back. Sort of like the cravings people describe when they cut way back on carbs coming from SAD to Primal.

Anyway, I can't imagine putting 2+ Tblsp butter in my coffee, nor can I imagine eating a huge honkin' breakfast. Both sound icky and not like magic at all. But that's just me.

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    I use to use it when I would fast. For breakfast. And sometimes again for lunch. 1TBL each of CO and butter. But not something I am doing now as I am trying to not add extra fat like that.
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

Louisa655 is offline Senior Member
    Not to be confused with the "Magic Bullet' which is something totally different and fun for women.
    ----------------------------------------
    F, 48, 5'10"
    Start Date: 25-06-12 @ 161lbs
    Goal Reached: 30-09-12 @ 143lb. Now bouncing between 145lb - 149lb. I'd like less bounce and more consistency :-)

Started Cross Fit 20.12.12 ---- Can't wait to submit my success story on the 1st anniversary of starting primal.

Dr_Fu_Manchu is offline Junior Member
    Does anyone else think that the bulletproofExec's weight loss and success with BPC might be attributed to his use of Provigil?

Page 49 of 52 FirstFirst ... 394748495051 ... LastLast