Page 48 of 52 FirstFirst ... 384647484950 ... LastLast

Thread: BulletProof Coffee page 48

smilingjustalittlebit is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Goombi View Post
    Have been drinking a cup every morning. Works great in conjunction with IF. Live in Canada, so the only stuff we get is Organic Valley. Really wish we could import Kerrygold
    I cannot fathom how this works in conjunction with IF? You are taking in a fair amount of calories, it HAS to be breaking your fast.
    Do what you love and do it often. If you don't like something, change it. if you don't like your job, quit. If you don't have enough time, stop watching tv. If you are looking for the love of your life, stop, they will be waiting for you when you start doing the things you love. Stop over analyzing, life is simple. When you eat, appreciate every last bite. Some opportunities only come once, seize them.

https://www.facebook.com/ForgedFromFat

Miss Understood is offline Senior Member
    Your body continues in ketosis because all you are consuming is fat, no protein or carbs. It does work.

smilingjustalittlebit is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Understood View Post
    Your body continues in ketosis because all you are consuming is fat, no protein or carbs. It does work.
    Interesting indeed, thanks!
    Do what you love and do it often. If you don't like something, change it. if you don't like your job, quit. If you don't have enough time, stop watching tv. If you are looking for the love of your life, stop, they will be waiting for you when you start doing the things you love. Stop over analyzing, life is simple. When you eat, appreciate every last bite. Some opportunities only come once, seize them.

https://www.facebook.com/ForgedFromFat

Catrin is offline Senior Member
    I just "went Primal" a couple of weeks ago and have heard references to "Bulletproof Coffee" but had no idea what it was referring to. Now I know. I think that I must try this - after a few more weeks have passed. I tried a 1/4 cup of coconut cream the other day in which I had melted 2 squares of 92% dark chocolate and while that was yummy, my stomach did complain. I think my system is still adjusting to the sudden influx of fat after 52 years of other stuff. I've been using a lot of coconut oil/cream/milk in other things without a problem.

I just need to find some good coffee to try this with - I already have the Kerrygold butter and coconut oil

341gerbig is offline Member
    If I do a 36 hour fast once a week, Is it worth it to have some BP coffee on the morning of that day?

Butter DOES matter!

The reason I recommend butter is it's 5% (give or take) butyric acid which calms inflammation in the gut and brain. It won't work as well if you use only coconut oil, for instance. I've tried!

-Dave (the inventor of this joy juice!)

Quote Originally Posted by jsa23 View Post
    One note worth adding is that the proposed mechanism for this is that one's fat/sugar burning ratio is determined in part by insulin/blood glucose levels - this happens to trend more towards fat burning the longer you fast. Part of the premise behind using pure fats(as opposed to cream, which contains some low level of protein and carbs) is that there's no associated insulin/blood sugar response, and as a result the body maintains its fat-burning metabolism charactaristic of the fasted state. Anything that produces an insulin reponse would blunt this effect somewhat(at least in theory).

The butter really is just a fat source that happens to be delicious, and could be replaced by another good fat source with the same effect, so long as no carbohydrates or protein are involved.

oxide is offline Senior Member
    Dave, is the butyric acid in the fat part of the butter or in the milky part? I clarify the butter and throw the milky stuff out.

It's pretty funny that butyric acid calms the gut. Isn't butyric acid that horrible-smelling stuff from chem lab? The smell made me nauseous.

That said, I haven't really had BP for a while. It seems like too much work to make and clean up after. I'm really petite and I can't afford the calories. I just eat salted butter for a snack now.
    5'0" female, 43 years old. Started Primal October 31, 2011, at a skinny fat 111.5 lbs. Low weight: 99.5 lb on a fast. Current weight: skinny-fat 106.5 lbs because of sugar cheating.

MY PRIMAL: I (try to) follow by-the-book primal as advocated by Mark Sisson, except for whey powder and a bit of cream. I aim for 80-90 g carb/day and advocate a two-month strict adjustment for newbies. But everybody is different and other need to tweak Primal to their own needs.

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bulletproofexec View Post
    The reason I recommend butter is it's 5% (give or take) butyric acid which calms inflammation in the gut and brain. It won't work as well if you use only coconut oil, for instance. I've tried!

-Dave (the inventor of this joy juice!)
    Yep, and it also deflates and shrinks your brain with almost 50%!!! Awesome stuff, best invention since the invention of snake oil...

quelsen is offline Senior Member
    Molecular effects of butyric acid ( and ) included a dose dependent inhibition of generation of Reactive Oxygen Species (ROS) with IC50 value of 5 uM.

---Bharathi.P. Salimath, Ph.D. Arshiya Tabassum,Anupama E.G.,Bindumalini,Preeti G.B.,Paramahans.V. Salimath, Ph.D.
    Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
    Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

otzi Guest
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by quelsen View Post
    Molecular effects of butyric acid ( and ) included a dose dependent inhibition of generation of Reactive Oxygen Species (ROS) with IC50 value of 5 uM.

---Bharathi.P. Salimath, Ph.D. Arshiya Tabassum,Anupama E.G.,Bindumalini,Preeti G.B.,Paramahans.V. Salimath, Ph.D.
    Soooo, you like BP Coffee or you don't????

Page 48 of 52 FirstFirst ... 384647484950 ... LastLast