Page 47 of 52 FirstFirst ... 374546474849 ... LastLast

Thread: BulletProof Coffee page 47

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    See, I dont like the taste of just coffee. So it is an improvement to me. I think some add vanilla and cinnamon, which I tried yesterday but today I am drinking it w/o those.

I must be use to the fats. Didnt move anything yesterday....

I made it to about 1:30pm before lunch yesterday. So what's that, like 19.5 hours? I think I could have gone longer but the kids were going to get out of school early, and I thought I should eat before they got home, since I wasnt really sure how I might end up feeling.

MarissaLinnea is offline Senior Member
    Just made my first Bulletproof coffee.......OMG, YUM!!

abqandrea is offline Junior Member
    I've been doing proto-bulletproof coffee for the last 5 days (my MCT oil is on the way), and it absolutely makes me feel energetic for several hours. I do still get hungry by late morning, but this seems reasonable because so far I've only consumed 200kcal or so in the coffee as my total day's intake.

I am NOT even close to full paleo yet, but working on it and Dave (the bulletproof guy) is getting his scientific little claws into me. Butter = win.

Thanks for 400+ entertaining posts (I just read them all!)

Andrea in ABQ

likwidoxigen is offline Senior Member
    Butter update:
    So Far between Wuthrich, Plugra, Kerrygold and Organic valley my fav is the Wuthrich, seems to be the most "buttery" of them all, Love it every morning, sometimes I'll even slip 3cc of creatine in there too. I have also started occasionally making "latte's" with mutant butter, vanilla extract, cassia, and a bit of stevia, so so delish.

Goombi is offline Member
    Have been drinking a cup every morning. Works great in conjunction with IF. Live in Canada, so the only stuff we get is Organic Valley. Really wish we could import Kerrygold

oxide is offline Senior Member
    likwidoxigen, if you want buttery tasting butter, try ghee, or clarify your own butter. Even the grass fed butter has a lot of milky stuff in it. I can taste the difference when I make bulletproof hot cocoa.

And +1 on the stevia.
    5'0" female, 43 years old. Started Primal October 31, 2011, at a skinny fat 111.5 lbs. Low weight: 99.5 lb on a fast. Current weight: skinny-fat 106.5 lbs because of sugar cheating.

MY PRIMAL: I (try to) follow by-the-book primal as advocated by Mark Sisson, except for whey powder and a bit of cream. I aim for 80-90 g carb/day and advocate a two-month strict adjustment for newbies. But everybody is different and other need to tweak Primal to their own needs.

Drmike is offline Member
    Has anyone tried bullet proof decaf at night

DeeDub is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by abqandrea View Post
    I am NOT even close to full paleo yet, but working on it and Dave (the bulletproof guy) is getting his scientific little claws into me. Butter = win.
    Not sure what your plan is, but neither coffee nor butter fit any meaningful definition of "paleo", so not sure how bulletproof coffee can get one to that particular destination.

ASmallOne is offline Senior Member
    in a sad turn of events, when i stopped drinking bulletproof coffee (but remained isocaloric and switched to fish oils) i felt better and got leaner. but fish oil "coffee" is a disgusting idea to me... so looks like I'm back on black coffees. oh well, it was fun while it lasted and it will certainly remain in my repetoire as a treat!
    Check out my new webpage: The Carnivore Runner
    Friend me on "The Facebook"
    Follow me on Twitter!

For customized training / nutritional plans for runners from a former athlete who has personal experience in dealing with severe food allergies, please email me at foxATtinybikeDOTnet. I am ISA certified as a personal trainer and have coached many runners at the recreational or young-competitor level to towards their goals! Most of all, I'd love to help you with yours.

bethaneyjayne is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hi all, i have only been on PB for 2 weeks now, having some trouble factoring in carbs for fuel, I am a powerlifter and struggle with heavy workouts on fats, it's like my body simply cant access the energy fast enough. so I have added in more sweet potato and fruit on training days only... my question regarding bulletproof coffee is; Is this an acceptable pre workout option, will it give me energy to get through a tough workout or will it push me further into ketosis? (which I fall into quite quickly) thanks!

Page 47 of 52 FirstFirst ... 374546474849 ... LastLast