Page 46 of 52 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 ... LastLast

Thread: BulletProof Coffee page 46

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Some mentioned adding cream. Is a sugar-free creamer okay? I added some this morning, and while it wasnt bad before, that yummied it up more but might defeat the purpose.

I did 1T butter, 1T coconut oil, tsp creamer, sprinkle of cinnamon. Oh shoot, forgot the vanilla. Anyways, that was at about 3am. I am starting to get hungry now so it did help hold me off for a little while. So maybe I should have another and push breakfast off even farther? That is as close to fasting as I have done.

DH drank his also.

I'll have to keep an eye on it and see how it goes. I have gained 2 pounds in the last week, about the time I discovered more fat (ghee) and also increased my carbs from about 25 to 50. I probably should not have done both I dont know. I will be glad when my books get here, hopefully today.

sakura_girl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gopintos View Post
    Some mentioned adding cream. Is a sugar-free creamer okay? I added some this morning, and while it wasnt bad before, that yummied it up more but might defeat the purpose.
    No. Creamer is full of crappy stuff. You're doing yourself a disservice adding that in with the butter and coco oil.

Creamer=Crappy. Got it

jem51 is offline Senior Member
    Okay, I am def making bp coffee tomorrow.

Today, at my local Grocery Outlet, I scored Organic Valley pastured butter (green foil) for 2.49...so I bought 6 and vacuum sealed a bunch since the date is 5/2012 AND I hate the taste of stale butter.

If I really love this coffee, I will go an purchase many more.

My local grocer has started carrying gallons of organic CO so I barely have to venture out anymore.

jmosery is offline Member
    I've been drinking BP coffee now for about 2 weeks and love it

it replaces my "breakfast" in the mornings and keeps me from not eating till about 1-2pm

1) i haven't found any coffee beans that are "pure" as you guys describe and not sure where to look. i'm in central NJ and shop at Wegmans

any ideas for some local stuff ?

2) yesterday I wanted to see if I drank 2 cups of BP, i could hold off eating till dinner. so I had my first cup at 8am and my second cup about about 1pm. by 2:30 I felt really faint and light headed, jittery

do you think its just too much caffeine? i had to eat something and I still didn't feel right the rest of the day

anyone else get that? not sure if it was a fluke or not for me

what if I made a second cup with tea and used the butter and CO?

3) so i've been making my coffee with 1 cup from my keurig coffee, 1 tbl organic unrefined CO and 1-2 tablespoons organic valley cultured unsalted butter.

yesterday I picked up some Kerrigold butter from Wegmans

OMG, the coffee with the organic valley butter always had this bitter taste. I thought it was just what BP coffee tasted like. who knew

this mornings cup with the Kerrigold butter had NO bitter taste. it was a million times better. i can't believe it

so..... why is that? anyone have any ideas?

jaime

I can't help PP but I have had it the last two mornings. Yesterday it helped get me through my first IF of 18 hours. I didnt mean to IF, it just worked out that way. I wasnt hungry so I just decided to go with it and see where it took me.

Now today, my day started at 3 am and I had one cup with butter & co, and then a second cup with just a tsp of butter about an hour or so later. My tummy is starting to tell me it is hungry but I am not starving yet. And I keep finding new stuff to read on MDA & the forum, so it it is helping to keep my mind off of it somewhat.

OH, I should add that yesterday, by starting my day off with nothing but fat & calories in a cup, which part of my brain says that is completely insane... my day ended up with just over 1000 calories. 22 carbs and 71 each of fat and protein. My fear was that when I did eat, I might want everything in sight. Which I did not.

I am about 16+ hours at the moment. I have pulled up the info on IF whys and wherefores, but havent got around to reading it yet, to see if this is a good idea or bad idea. But will get to it here shortly

And maybe it is not really IF since there are calories involved, but maybe it is still some of the same benefits.
    Last edited by gopintos; 04-20-2012 at 08:08 AM.

Ribbons is offline Senior Member
    I made a BP coffee today but I just did it with around half a TB of butter because I'm not used to eating much fat yet. I also used instant coffee. I'm used to eating breakfast at around 7am and then eating lunch at 2-4pm (depending on the time I get home) but it's the weekend so I made the coffee at 9.30 and I'm still satisfied now at noon. I felt more alert and I actually felt motivated to clean and do things I've been putting off for weeks. The only problem is I really didn't like the taste and I drank most of it but I just couldn't finish it. I don't think I could drink this everyday. Is there any other way to get the same benefits?

jem51 is offline Senior Member
    Just add butter and CO during the day.
    I love coffee and will not ruin it just to get the fat.
    There's always adding a cup of tea to your routine sometime during the day.

I won't be drinking this on my work days since it causes loose stools.

Ribbons is offline Senior Member
    But isn't the point of this to go into ketosis more while fasting?

BlissfuWriter is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    In my opinion coconut oil is a healthy fat. I use it as my primary cooking oil. However, I have yet to try it in my coffee.

Page 46 of 52 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 ... LastLast